Friday, May 15, 2009

happy birthday ... and many more ... presents!

Pin It


It's finally Friday!

Today's card project was created for my birthday card stash featuring this beautiful "presents" craft stamp from Stamps Happen by Janlynn. I love the jaunty line of presents on this stamp and thought it would be perfect for paper-piecing. Clicky HERE to purchase this affordable and versatile craft stamp.

I simply stamped my image on 2 1/2" x 4 1/4" piece of designer paper from October Afternoon, then stamped the image again four more times on scraps of paper from the same collection. Finally, I cut out all the packages and adhered them over the original stamped image. Easy-peasy! And there's so many different looks you can create depending upon the patterned paper you chose to use.

I stamped my sentiment on my card base, tied on a buttery-soft satin ribbon, and finis!

Sooooooooo, last night the DH and I went over to Sheila's for barbecue ... her speciality. Yum!

When we all sat down for dinner, Sheila said, "By the way, I met this really horrible, rude man downtown this morning. Funny, but right away I knew he was a troublemaker. He started to insult me ... and he used really bad language. He even threatened me!"

"Omigosh, Sheila, how did you meet this guy?" we all asked.

"Well," she said, "we met by accident. I hit him with the car. But enough about me, what's new with you guys?"

{In the interest of full-disclosure, I actually knew about this ^ before dinner ... in fact, the DH and I were invited to dinner to help diffuse the situation ... and so's I could bring my husband-softening homemade strawberry shortcake.}

Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day here. Have a great weekend!

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: "Vintage Cream" by Papertrey Ink
  • Designer Paper: "County Fair" Collection by October Afternoon
  • Craft Stamps: "Presents" from the Tara Reed Collection by Stamps Happen by Janlynn; Sentiment from the "Birthday Whimsy" Set by Stampin' Up!
  • Ink: "Tuxedo Black" Memento Dye Ink by Tsukineko
  • Accessories: 5/8" Satin Ribbon; Scotch ATG 714 Adhesive
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

13 comments:

Jeannie Phillips said...

love your work!!...I so need a card stash... will have to work on that one!!
Jeannie

Tina said...

This is too stinkin' cute!
Happy Friday!

Curt in Carmel said...

Love this card! The colors you used are great together! I swear, Sheila is a sitcom waiting to happen! Love the stories and your work! Perfect reading! Best, Curt

Janine said...

I love this and I LOVE PRESENTS!!!

redwasher1 said...

Deb this is a very nice card and good idea getting a stash going.

Theresa said...

Oooh, how do you make those colors work so well together?! I hardly ever dare break out my earthy color comfort zone. This is beautiful.

My stash is four boxes deep. I seriously need to start sending them out.

I agree with Curt. Sheila is a sitcom waiting to happen. Hmmm, ever thought of writing a TV show? She's your "George." LOL

Cheryl KVD said...

Love this card!!! The colors and details are perfect!!

Brenda said...

Deb I love this, and your style. I also love all of your wonderful and funny stories about Sheila.

Ann said...

Love that gorgeous ribbon, Deb!

Elena said...

Very pretty card! Love the polka-dots paper and paper piecing! Love your style, Deb!

Heather T said...

I really like the colours you have used and the clean white space as well.

Risa said...

As always, your card is adorable Deb!
hugs
Risa:)

Chris said...

this is bee-tiful!!love the presents on top of the dots!!