Tuesday, May 19, 2009

You're the Apple of My Eye ...

Pin It


Okay, so what the heck does that actually mean, anyway? I once asked my eye doctor, and he just laughed at me ...

Today's card project was created for no-good reason using this uber-cute stamp from Stampin' Up's "Farm Fresh" set. Well, I do love this ribbon and wanted to use it Right. Now.

For the rest of the amazing product info, check out the Supply List, below.

So, this weekend the DH, who's a computer repair techie, got this call:

DH: "So, what's the problem?"

Customer: "There's smoke coming out of the power supply."
DH: "You'll need a new power supply."
Customer: "No, I don't! I just need to change the start up files."
DH: "Sir, the power supply is faulty. You'll need to replace it."
Customer: "No way! Someone told me that I just needed to change the start-up and it will fix the problem! All I need is for you to tell me the command."

So, it's 10 minutes later and the Customer is still adamant that he is right. The DH is getting frustrated and fed up:

DH: "Okay, okay. We don't normally tell our customers this, but there is an undocumented DOS command that will fix the problem."
Customer: "I knew it!"
DH: "Just add the line "LOAD NOSMOKE.COM" at the end of the CONFIG.SYS. Let me know how it goes."

Then, 10 minutes later, the customer calls back:

Customer: "It didn't work. The power supply is still smoking."
DH: "Hmmm, what version of DOS are you using?"
Customer: "MS-DOS 6.22."
DH: "Okay, that's your problem there. That version of DOS didn't come with NOSMOKE. Contact Microsoft and ask them for a patch that will give you the file. Let me know how it goes."

1 hour later:

Customer: "I need a new power supply."
DH: "Oh. So, how did you come to that conclusion?"
Customer: "Well, I called Microsoft and told him about what you said, and he started asking questions about the make of the power supply."
DH: "And?"
Customer: "He told me that my power supply isn't compatible with NOSMOKE. So, I'll be bringing it by for a new power supply, if that's okay with you?"
DH: "Sure, bring it by anytime."

Hangs up. Turns to me and says:

"Duh. Remind me to over-charge him."

He didn't though ...

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: Textured Card Stock by Bazzill Basics; "Stamper's Select" White by Papertrey Ink
  • Stamp: "Farm Fresh" Set by Stampin' Up
  • Ink: "Riding Hood Red" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
  • Accessories: 5/8" Ribbon, Unknown; Silver Metal Hinges and Brads by Close to My Heart; Silver Ball Chain
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine by Provo Craft; "Distressed Stripes" Cuttlebug A2 Embossing Folder; Sanding Block; Scotch ATG 714 Adhesive

14 comments:

chelemom said...

LMAO! Love your story! The card is fabulous!!! I have always loved that set, and the ribbon is fantastic!

Maria Matter said...

Mornin' Deb!
Ooo, isn't that ribbon fabulous! This is beautifully designed with the colors, image and embossing! Great card!
Blessings, Maria

Crystal said...

OOO DEB I LOVE IT!!! Fantastic ribbon treatment..wow!!

Elena said...

Loved your story, Deb!
And your card too! Very pretty! Love the hinges you added and awesome ribbon!

Tina said...

So Americana! Love that ribbon and those hinges....so cute!

Julia Aston said...

This is great Deb! it looks like a poster on the side of an old barn with the cuttled bg - great patriotic ribbon!

LeAnne said...

Waaah....I love this stamp set, why did I sell it? I will have to love it vicariously through you--awesome card!

Brenda said...

Love your card Deb!! Very Americana. Funny story, I can relate as I am a computer tech at a school district. Thank you for sharing.

Cindy Haffner said...

wow wow wow fab!!!!!!!!!

Theresa said...

LOLOL!!! That DH of yours is too clever. Love that card. You have the coolest ribbons.

Sharli said...

Oooo Deb, LOVE this card! The stamped image is beautiful!!!! The colors are so nice (timely, too) and your ribbon is amazing! It really works!

The story is a Hoot! I have a sad feeling that this is what happens to me when I call and talk to the computer wizards. (tee, hee)

Thanks, too, for clearing up my confusion about the watercolor with re-inkers question! ;-)

The Rubber Maid said...

This makes a great Memorial Day card but if you're like me...who sends out a Memorial Day card??? Love the patriotic ribbon did you find that at Mike's place. I'm with you when you ask what you're the apple of my eye means. Did you ever find the answer? Pat

Risa said...

Very cool patriotic card Deb! I love the addend texture and the hinge is too awesome!
hugs
Risa:)

Chris said...

too funny!! my puter geek hubs will love that one!! super cute card! i do love that stamp too..that would be so cute stamped on tea towels for the kitchen...i finally get a good idea and it's probably retired?? well, is it soon to be SU demo...LOL