Tuesday, June 8, 2010

'Bee' Happy ... 'Bee' Happy ... 'Bee' Happy

Pin It


Happy Tuesday, hoarding card-makers!

Today's card project was created for Simplicity's "One Layer Wednesday" card challenge. This week, the challenge is to create a simple, one-layer card using repeating images. For all of the challenging deets, clicky HERE to visit Susan's blog.

I'm not sure how I feel about the way this v-e-r-y plain card looks, and it's certainly NOT one of my favorite cards, but you can't say it isn't simple:

And that's why they call it a "challenge," right?

For the ginormous view of my card, clicky on the photo ... and for all of the fascinating product info, check out the Card Recipe, below.

Sooooooooo, yesterday I was hanging out at Sheila's while Reid-The-Wild-Child (and four or twelve of his closest friends), were running amok through her house.

When Ken, her DH called, Sheila yakked with him for a few minutes over the din, then called The-Wild-Child to the phone.

When Reid finally heard Sheila over the ruckus, he came to the kitchen and Sheila handed him the phone. The-Wild-Child listened intently for a couple of minutes, then ended the conversation with an enthusiastic, "I love you, too!"

After he hung up the phone, he turned to Sheila and asked, "Mommy, who was that?"

Thanks so much for swingin' by the old blog today ... I really appreciate it!

~Hugs,


Today's Challenges:

Card Recipe:
  • Card Stock: "Whisper White" Card Stock by Stampin' Up
  • Stamps: All Stamps from "Just B" Stamp Set (Retired) by Stampin' Up
  • Ink: "Basic Black" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
  • Color Medium: Copic Marker
  • Tools: Corner Round by WRMK's; SAMJ by Stampin' Up
  • Finished Size: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" (Top-Folded)
Shop for Stampin' Up products online ... 24/7 ... HERE

25 comments:

Ann said...

Well, I love CAS cards, and this one is divine!

Karen B. said...

My opinion? Fun! It's a fun card and such a great wonderful ah-ha thing to do to turn the bees different directions. Plus, the colors are awesome!

Crystal said...

WOW Deb girl I can see why this is one of your favs..I LOVE those bees and your coloring rocks sweetie!!! Your CAS cards amaze me...they don't like me when i try...LOL!!! Love it girl!

Maria Matter said...

you're amazing with these CAS card Deb! love this happy card!
have a great day hun!!!
hugs & blessings!

Elena said...

I love how this card turned out! Those bees are so cute! Really like thier trails! You always amaze me with your creativity!

Tina said...

Crazy cute, Deb. Those bees are adorable...of course, IRL, they are not this cute.

Chris said...

very cute card! love the dam bees!!

Denise Clark said...

Love your one layer card! I love the way you stamped the bees and then they are suggestive of part of the sentiment ("bee" happy). Very creative. Love the white space! Simple can be beautiful and they is....goes along with that "less is more". :)

Thanks for stopping by Stamping Vacation! I loved your idea for the Clear as Mud card and wanted to showcase it!

knitwit said...

I LOVE simple, so this card is definitely for me! Awesome!

Allison said...

This rocks my world! Love the movement and clean lines. If it was mine, I would have a smudge on it somewhere!

Pam said...

I really think this card is cute. I like the clean simple look. And the colors are great.

Lindsay Weirich said...

clean and simple! cool!

Sharli said...

WOW Deb, I love how you conquered this challenge! AWESOME!

Silke Ledlow said...

Totally stinkin' cute!!! Love yoru sweet little bee card!!! The yellow is perfect with the black/white combo!!!

Thank you so much for playing the FTTC with us!!! Hugs ~S~

Kimberly S said...

Love the CAS look, just perfect! Thanks so much for joining us for Sentimental Sundays! :)

precious said...

This one is divine! The yellow is perfect with the black/white combination!!!
baby crib

Susan Raihala said...

Okay, the card first. It's BEE-tastic!!! Look at the movement you created, how evenly spaced everything is stamped and WHITE SPACE IS YOUR FRIEND! Golly, those bees can breathe and have space to move. LOVE IT!

And kids are the darnedest, aren't they? LOL!

Jen said...

Deb this is a gorgeous CAS card...love it! It may be simple but it's perfect! Thank you so much for playing with us at Studio 313...gotta love those albums! *smile*

Joanna K said...

Great CAS design, very cute card! Thanks for joining us at the Sentimental Sundays ;-)

Nikki Schmaltz said...

I think this is a fabulous one layer card and your story cracked me up:) Thanks for joining us at Studio 313

SmilynStef said...

Oh my goodness, love your happy little bees.

Jana said...

This is BEE-utiful.

~Michelle~ said...

great take on take it easy for Studio 313.....CAS, brilliant! :)

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

This is such a fun and happy CAS card. Thanks so much for playing along with us at studio313
Hugs,
Charlotte
Studio313 DT

Neet said...

This is a card designed to make the recipient smile and it certainly made me smile - it is such a happy card.