Monday, June 7, 2010

... 'Til the Cows Come Home

Pin It


Happy Monday, crafty stampers ... hope your weekend was long and fabulous!

Today I'm participating in SCS's "Ippity Stamps Blog Hop" ... so, welcome to my blog Ippity fans! For all of the Ippity-Hoppity deets, clicky HERE. To visit the Ippity challenge blog, clicky HERE.

For my simple card, I used stamps from Ippity's "Simply Home" stamp set:

To add some dimension to my card, I stamped my cute l'il cows twice, cut out one set, and popped 'em up over the original stamped images. So easy, even I could do it!

For the ginormous view of my card, clicky on the photo ... and for all of the heart-pounding product info, check out the Card Recipe, below.

Sooooooooo, this weekend Sheila invited us over for her (in)famous "Eggs, Eggs, and More Eggs," brunch.

Sheila was cooking when we arrived, so I mosied on into her kitchen. I was standing around, trying to look cute appear useful whilst actually doin' nothing, when her DH appeared and started chatterin' like a crazed magpie:

"Careful, careful! You're cooking too many at once. Too many! Scramble them! Now! And we need more butter ... they're going to stick! Careful, Sheila! Now scramble them again. Hurry up! Are you crazy? Don't forget to salt them. You know you always forget to salt them. Use the salt. Use the salt! The SALT!"

As my jaw went slack and my eyes bugged out, I discovered I was speechless. As for Sheila, first she turned bright red ... and then smoke started pourin' outta her ears ... and then she got right in her DH's face and yelled, "Just what the hell is wrong with you?!?"

Her DH calmly replied, "Oh, nothin', I just wanted to show you what it feels like when I'm driving."

Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me!

~Hugs,


Today's Challenges:

Card Recipe:
  • Card Stock: All Card Stock by Stampin' Up
  • Stamps: All Stamps from "Simply Home" Stamp Set by Ippity Stamps
  • Ink: "Basic Black" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
  • Accessories: Gingham Ribbon; Waxed Linen Thread
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Rectangle Die; Button Punch; SAMJ, Stampin' Dimensionals, and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
  • Finished Size: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" (Top-Folded)
Shop for Stampin' Up products online ... 24/7 ... HERE

54 comments:

Velta said...

LOL...LOL...LOL! That story was too darned funny...just so typical. Your card is adorable. What a great welcome home creation!

BonnieRose said...

this is so adorable! Great card!

Lone Pine Designs said...

Funny story...and a gorgeous card!

Tina said...

That is about the cutest card ever. So clever Deb.

lynn said...

great card, deb! (great story, too:)

Courtney said...

This card is too cute! Thanks for playing along with us this week at KWED. Good Luck!

~Courtney~
KWED DT

Morissa Sweeney (SCS - stampinsweeney) said...

Love the cows! How cute!

Martha said...

oh this is one set I dont have, how cute.

Elisabeth said...

Love this CAS creation!

Markie's Mom said...

Oh! this is GREAT!!!

Crystal said...

Deb this is GREAT, I LOVE the 3d cows...how fun and the perfect ribbon treatment!!! FABULOUS!

Joanne Travis said...

This is so cute!! Love the cows and the perfectly complimenting ribbon.
Thanks for playing in the Speedy's Friends challenge!

Linda Robinson said...

That was a cute little story, It put a smile on my face! Along with your cute little card..
Very Cute! Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Ann said...

Cute, cute, cute! I love the colors and gingham!

Kristen said...

This is too cute! I love it, I too love the gingham! Thank you so much for playing with us at KWED! We hope to see you again!
Very wonderful creation!!!

Julie Ranae said...

Deb...this is SO adorable : )

Ruby said...

What a CUTE card, love it! Funny story too!!! :o)

Illy said...

This card is so cute! Thank you for playing with us at Pile it on!

Debby/Darthy said...

I love your card. That story just made me laugh out loud. Too funny.

knitwit said...

I love cows! Both my neighbors are cattle farmers, so the cows come right to the fence sometimes. They also often leave gifts, which my dogs like to roll in, usually right after I've given them a bath...
Great card, and awesome story as always!

Liz Williams said...

Your gingham ribbon and button are just perfect for these cute cows. Thanks for playing along with Speedy's Friends.

Banu said...

WOW Deb...Just awesome. CAS and just perfect.

june lanum said...

what a cute card thanks for joining us at the CCCB

Cheryl Nelson said...

It doesn't get cuter than this!! LOVE this soooo much! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

dahlhousedesigns said...

just super, love this.

lisa a.

Claudine Poch said...

I love the ribobn with those cows! Thanks for joining us at Speedy's Friends.

Mags said...

How cute! This would be a great housewarming card. Love the pop of yellow.

NoraAnne said...

Very cute, I love the black and white gingham with the cows!

Sharli said...

Your card is just SO much fun, Deb!!! I love it!!!

The story had me kind of upset - how dare Ken talk to Sheila that way - but then she stuck up for herself and then I nearly spit my coffee all over the computer. Very good!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Such a cute card~ Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

redwasher1 said...

Now, that is the cutest card!! Love the whole card!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is definitely a wowzer! love that bow and the color combination, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Jolara said...

beautifull ! Thanks for joining the Pixie Dust Studio Challenge

Joyce xoxo

1CardCreator said...

Lovin those cows! Looks awesome with the black white and yellow. Thanks for playing along in the Kahwinkedink challenge, I hope to see more of you there. Thanks for sharing. ~Diane

Lisa H. said...

this is darling. love those cows. great CAS card.

Dawn Mercedes said...

This is my kind of card...glad to see you at Mark's Finest Papers challenge! See you next week!

Maria Matter said...

Fabulous Deb! love the cute little moo moos!!
HUGS!

Elena said...

Adorable card, Deb! Really like the color contrast! And look at these cute cows! :)

Chris said...

my favorite set EVA!! love that cow!!

de said...

Super cute. Thanks so much for playing EtsyInspired this week!

Lynne in NI said...

ha Ha ha ! Too funny! (though why can I hear myself in that little story!)
Fab card too, lovin those cows!

Lisa V. said...

Congratulations on your CCCB spotlight. Your card is so cute.

Allison said...

This is terrific...you're so punny!

Amy said...

oh I love cows..such cute stamps too

Nana said...

Love it, Deb, I realy do.
Thank you for joining us at "PIO", hope to see you again next week!
hugs Nana

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

What a fun card! I love it!

Thank you for participating in the Crafty Ho's Challenge this week!

Stampin Mindy said...

Love the simplicity, Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy!

BethieJ said...

That was so FUNNY! (your story!) the card is so CUTE! Love those cows!
Thanks for joining us at PIO!!
Have a GREAT day!

Rae Anne said...

Your card is goregous, but I think that I'm going to remember that funny story just a little bit longer. . .;) Thanks so much for working the corner with The Crafty Hos! :D MWAH!

Basement Stamper said...

Clean & Simple looks good on you girl, this card is adorable-love the white/black/yellow combo. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge this week.

Sammi said...

this is gorgeous! Love the CAS look!!
Thanks for joining us at Oh Alice!!
Sammi
xxx

Helen said...

This is fab - I love those cows!
Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!
Helen x

Tammy Miller said...

Great card! Thanks for joining the Crafty Hos this week! Hope you''ll be back next week! :)

stamprgrl said...

OMG this is quirky for sure!

thanks for playing with us at Pile It On! Challenge.
-- dalis
PIO Owner