Thursday, June 17, 2010

For When He Just Doesn't Get It ...

Pin It


Happy Thursday hoarding card-makers!

Today's card project was created using an unmounted stamp I've had for at least 10 years ... and sadly, this is the first time its seen ink. I know it's okay to mention this to you ... 'cuz I know that you have those stamps too.

So, for it's maiden voyage I created a really simple l'il anniversary card for my sweet cousin and her hubby:

I wish I could tell you who manufactured this stamp ... but I can't. Do you know?

ETA
: My readers are the best! Ann has informed me that this stamp is from Sunday International; thanks Ann!

For the ginormous view of the stamp card, clicky on the photo ... and for all of the heart-pounding product info, check out the Card Recipe, below.

Soooooooooo, I went over Sheila's yesterday for a quick visit. When I arrived, it didn't take more than a second and a half to realize I'd stumbled in to one of their l'il arguments.

"I'll leave." I volunteered, heading for the door.

"No, no, stay, I'm ready to make-up now ... the thrill has gone out of the fight." Sheila said.

"Okay," Sheila said, turning to her DH, "I'll admit I'm wrong, if you'll admit I'm right."

"Agreed." Ken responded. "Ladies before gentlemen."

"Okay, okay, I'm wrong," Sheila said begrudgingly.

To which Ken replied happily, "You're right!"

Thanks so much for stopping by today ... I really appreciate it!

~Hugs,


Today's Challenges:

Card Recipe:
  • Card Stock: PTI
  • Stamp: "Hammer It Home" Stamp, Unknown Manufacturer; Sentiment by PTI
  • Ink: Memento "Tuxedo Black" Dye Ink; "Pacific Point" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
  • Color Medium: Copic Markers
  • Accessories: Vintage Button; Eyelet; DMC Embroidery Floss; Satin Ribbon
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Tiny Tags Die; Corner Chomper by WRMK's; Stampin' Dimensionals by Stampin' Up
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" (Top-Folded)
Shop for Stampin' Up products online ... 24/7 ... HERE

33 comments:

Zusje said...

I've been following your blog for a while,but this is the first comment,I just had to comment on the stamp,which is one of the most interesting and cutest I've ever seen!!!Please do let us know the manufacturer if you ever come across it.
Love your work!

Crystal said...

BAAHAAAA I think you picked the BEST image for these two...LOL!! This is fantastic and what a GREAT image you had...AWESOME DEB LOVESSSS IT!

Karen B. said...

Thanks for the smile even before I read your story today, this card is great!

knitwit said...

If you ever figure out who made that stamp, let me know. I need one of those!! The military reunions you see on TV are not the fairy tale the media would have you believe. My husband has come home, dumped his crap everywhere and proceeded to live life like he has a personal maid to clean up after him. On second thoughts, maybe I don't need that stamp. The hammer alone will do...

Ann said...

Hilarious card!

It's a stamp from Sunday International:
http://sundayint.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=73

Tina said...

This is hilarious! I love it.

Spyder said...

Love what you've done, weird how that song 'Maxwell's silver hammer ' came into my head! Thank you for joining OSAAT's new/Celebration Challenge this week, hope to see you next week too
((Lyn))

Danni said...

Oh my!! This made me giggle!! How fun!

indybev said...

I am amazed at the skill to fashion one card to meet ten challenges! This one made me smile. Thank you for joining us this week!in

Taluula said...

Such a fun card. Thank you for joining in our challenge.

Hermine said...

Absolutley gorgeous

Lisa Jane said...

Fab card , i think it definitely counts as the something OLD lol
Thanks for joining us at BTC&G this momth
Lisa ;)

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Deb I am loving this so much that image is fabulous. Yes unfortunately we all have stamps bought many moons ago that haven't seen the light of day lol.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Faye said...

Hi Deb. This is a gorgeous project, yellow is my fav, so you're onto a winner! Thanks for playing at Lexi's. x

Cheryl said...

What a fun card! I love this image! Great job keeping the card so simple to show this image off. Have a great day!

aussiescrapper said...

Ha Ha Sheila got tricked big time, love it..

Wow Deb I just love that gorgeous stamp, I definately have stamps like this, never seen ink before, what is the facsination in buying all these things and never using them, I really do love this gorgeous one though, the actual pic of the woman with the sledge hammer makes me laugh, love it. your colouring is just perfect too. Love Melxx

Rosemary said...

Oh my gosh, your stories always make me smile - I'm wrong, you're right. Classic!

Also, this card is fantastic, I LOVE THAT STAMP! When he just doesn't get it, ha ha..

Thanks for allowing me to get my humor fix and some eye candy!

Sharli said...

Deb,
Sometimes I get the connection between your funny stories and the card, most of the time they fly right over my little head! This one is hilarious! This is a very interesting stamp - I can't help but wonder what you were experiencing when you bought it?!

Nice card, really cool!

Hugs!

Lori said...

Hahahahahah Love the image, what a fabulous card! Thanks for joining Lexi's Creations this week!

Elena said...

Love this stamp! So glad you inked it up, Deb!

joey said...

Yes Yes Yes I so have those stamps as well lol, gorgeous image I love it! thanks for joining us at pollycraft. Joey.x

shellshearer said...

Fab image,so glad you decided to ink it up hun. Your little story made me giggle
Thanks for joining us this week at OSAAT good luck
hugs shell xx

pinky said...

Nice joke lol. Love your make, gorgeous image. Thanks for sharing at BTC&G this month.
Pinky

Jo Davies said...

Love your choice of colour, I love it! Thanks for joining in at OSAAT challenge this week. Hugs Jo DT Member xxxx

Maria Matter said...

Fun image Deb!! and fabby color, great job!!!
HUGS!

Dawn said...

Love the colours, love the stamp, love the card. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT. x

Love crafts forever said...

Very cute. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT. Hugs, Nataliya.

Keely Yowler said...

Fabulous card, Deb! Love that stamp and how you used an old button to accent. Thanks for joining us at Whimsical Ink Sorority!!!

Keely Yowler said...

Hi Deb!!! You are our WINNER at Whimsical Ink Sorority! Please hop on over for all of the details on claiming your prize.

Susan's crafty chaos said...

This is lovely!
Thanks so much for joining in our Celebration challenge at OSAAT, don't forget to pop back tomorrow to see who won and check out the new challenge :D

Liza said...

Great work, thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

Chris said...

that's a great stamp!! love your card!

Lexi said...

lol fab card :D theres a comment about the officer coming home and dumping his stuff...been there all too often and mine walked in today after a night of driving trucks to the port for our reg move so he's all grumpy...i may have to borrow that hammer also :D

thanks for playing at LC

Hugs Lexi xxx