Friday, June 25, 2010

Simply Colorful ...

Pin It


TGIF stampin' paper-hoarders and welcome to the weekend! And, since it's finally another Friday, it's time for another "Stamp Simply" challenge!

This week, Sharon has challenged us to a color challenge. Our challenging colors today are yellow and gray with EITHER white or ivory as your neutral. You may also use a little pop of black as well.

Here's a look at the inspiration photo:

Isn't this a terrific color combination? Apropos of nothing, I totally love this room!

And here's a look at my card:

To play along ... and we hope you do! ... simply create a project using the inspiration photo for your color palette, upload it to your blog or online photo gallery, then visit Sharon's blog, located HERE, to link up your project in Mr. Linky, located HERE.

When uploading to an online gallery, such as Splitcoast Stampers, SNR, or Paper Craft Planet, please use keyword: "ssnotime145" so that we can find your colorful project.

Don't miss the fabulous projects created by the rest of the "Stamp Simply" team:

Barbara Anders: Paper Pursuits;

Jenny Gropp: One Krafty Kat;

Sharon Johnson, Our Fearless Leader: No Time to Stamp?;

Janine Orchard: 2BKrafty;

AJ Otto: The Willow Garden;

Deb Saaranen: Dream in Color;

Barb Schram: Explore. Dream. Discover.; and, our fabulous Guest Designer for June,

Julia Aston: Create With Me.

If you'd like, you can see all of the Splitcoast Stampers gallery submissions HERE.

Soooooooo, last night Sheila's crazy fun sister, Jill, stopped by with her equally crazy fun boyfriend, Jack. Yup, Jack & Jill ... I've described much of their craziness hilarity here on my blog. If you'd like, you can do a blog search for "Jack and Jill" to see what you've missed.

PS: The search box is on the upper-left hand corner of this page, on the navy blue border ... to the right of the big ol' Blogger letter "B." I mention this 'cuz many people don't realize you can search a blog this way ... only took me about 6 months to figger it out!

Where was I ... my train-of-thought jumped the track. Oh, yes, Jill and the Sandwich Man. So Jill and Jack stopped over last night and when they wouldn't leave got comfy, I offered refreshments.

"Oh, let me. I've got lots of bottles of wine in the car. And whiskey ... and some rum ... oh, and gin, too, if you'd prefer." Jack offered.

While he was out getting the wine, I mentioned to Jill that it was ... worrisome that he had so much liquor in his car.

"Oh, well, that's nothing to worry about. Jack always has liquor in this car." Jill explained.

"Okay, now I'm really concerned! Why would Jack carry an entire bar around with him? Jill, I'm asking 'cuz I care about you and don't want you in any danger ... or in any trouble. And frankly, I'm concerned ... so I have to ask: does Jack have a drinking problem?"

"Oh, good gracious, no, he doesn't have a drinking problem."

"Well, alright, that's good ... but why would he carry around a carload of alcohol?" I asked.

"Oh, silly, he only does that so he NEVER runs out!" Jill laughed.

Houston: We have a problem ...

Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me ... hope you have a fabulous weekend!

~Hugs,


Today's Challenges:

Card Recipe:
  • Card Stock: Textured Gray Card Stock by Bazzill Basics; "Whisper White" Card Stock by Stampin' Up
  • Designer Paper: "Thrift Shop" Collection by October Afternoon
  • Stamp: Close to My Heart
  • Ink: "Basic Black" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
  • Accessories: Quilled Daisies Stickers by Provo Craft; Grosgrain Ribbon
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Perfect Layers Tool by Stampin' Up; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" (Top-Folded)

64 comments:

Brenda said...

Deb this is gorgeous!!!! I love it!

Barb Schram said...

LOVE this wonderful card with the quill stickers, Deb...a couple years ago, I bought all the "stuff" to learn and make some quilling pieces...needless to say I never made them, got rid of the "stuff" when we moved last year! And all the time I could have purchased stickers! Who knew?!! Have a great weekend!

Courtney said...

This is a beautiful card! I love the quilled flowers. Thanks for joining us this week at KWED. Good Luck!

~Courtney~
KWED DT

sandra tomlinson said...

wow its gorgeous, thanks for popping over to creative craft challenges and good luck with all your challenges xxx

Karen said...

Fab card! and the flowers are amazing, thanks for joining us at Delightful Skethes.
xx

Sasya said...

oh my god, this is awesome!!! :) love your card!! the quilling flowers are adorable!
thank you for joining us at Practical Scrappers this week!!

hugs
Sasya

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow this is lovely, great flowers and I so love the colour scheme,thanks for joining us at creative craft, hugs Liz xx

Pam said...

What a FAB card! Great color combo and love the flowers!! Thanks for joining us at Practical Scrappers this week for our Flower Challenge!

Julia Aston said...

The quilled daisies are gorgeous on this Deb!

Karen B. said...

Holy cats that is a beautiful card.

Rosemary said...

Well, I now know who is going to search this blog for Jack and Jill because they sound fun!

Love this card - what is it about seeing gray with yellow that just makes it look so fresh? It is a beautiful card - especially the quilling daisies.

Alysha said...

Gorgeous card sweetie, thank you for joining in our challenge at Creative Crafts, good luck in the challenge, hugs Aly xxx

Deborah Saaranen said...

Just fresh and gorgeous with the quilled daisy additions Deb! Loving it!

Elena said...

So beautiful! These colors look so nice together! Love the quilled flowers so much!

Tina said...

What a stunner! Loving those quilled flowers, faboo!

Barbara said...

Gorgeous, Deb! I LOVE those quilled flowers!!

Crystal said...

WOWZA Deb you did an amazing job rocking that photo inspiration...WOW those flowers you made looks amazing, I soooo wish I could make flowers look that beautiful!!! Great card sweets, enjoy your Friday!

1CardCreator said...

Gorgeous! Love those quilled flowers! :) Thanks for playing along with Kahwinkedink! We appreciate your support and hope you will join us again next week! ~Diane

Janine said...

LOVE this Deb !! The flowers are tremedous...

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow Deb!! This is stunning!! I just love the yellow with the quilled flowers!! Gorgeous layout and design!!
hugs,
Chris

Joan said...

What a beautiful card - those quilled daisies are beautiful.

coldwaters2 said...

Wowwwww Deb this is absolutely stunning the colours, the sentiment and the flowers wowwwww this I love so much.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Beautiful Card! Love that yellow PP. Have a great day!

Sherrie
My Journal
http://thescrappiest.blogspot.com/2010/06/sketch-70.html

Danni said...

Love the flowers!! Such a cheery card!

Davi said...

LOVE this Deb!! Your quilled daisies are so fresh and springy looking along with the colors.

Chris said...

goegeous cards! love the quilled flowers...did you do thosre suckers yourself, cuz if you did we need to talk about how much time you actually have on your hands...lol and just for the record, i always carry booze in my car....lol have a great weekend!

Sharli said...

Hi Deb! GREAT card - love the flowers, is that quilling??? I've heard about it - haven't a clue how to do that!!

Your Jill and Jack story today was a hoot! I think I dated someone like that once. It's more attractive when they are younger . . . ('nuf said).

Leah the Orange said...

wow, Deb! what a LOVELY card! those quilled flowers are gorgeous, and i love the sentiment! thanks so much for joining us in the Dollhouse! good luck in June's prize draws! :D

CuddlyBunny said...

Beautiful card, with a lovely sentiment (I like that inspiration room a bit myself).

It's also really clear why Jack doesn't have a drinking problem.

He always has something to drink.

No problem. :)

aussiescrapper said...

loved the funny.

Wow I just looked at that gorgeous inspiration kitchen/dining, who has these gorgeous places, how divine but as I scrolled down your card is truly beautiful Deb, that scrolling is just amazing, and the colours are the perfect replication of the inspiration photo, this is one of my favourite cards and Jan is over in the morning, she just has to see this one. Love to you, Melxx

Anna said...

So pretty! Thanks for joining us at Pile It On.

Kim said...

Deb, you did such a fantastic job with the photo inspiration! I love your yellows! The sentiment is sweet! Your quilled flowers are stunning!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

travelingmama said...

Gorgeous card! Love that inspiration too! Hugs from Denmark!

scotlacey said...

Just lovely. . . thanks for sharing
Bonnie

redwasher1 said...

Deb, I love your card and the inspiration photo is just lovely!

Serendipity Stamping said...

This is a beautiful card and right on target for the colors. One of my favorite combos. Love the flowers.

Sandra Farrell said...

Oh Deb, your stories are sooo cute. I love reading your blog. Those flowers that you quilled are fabulous. Thanks for joining us again this week at Practical Scrappers.

purplestamper316 said...

Love it! This is one of my fave *new* color combos :) ><>

Trish Hughes said...

wonderful job, thanks so much for playing along with us at PIO!!!
Trish

Nancy L. said...

OMGoodness! Your card is beautiful!! Your Jack and Jill story is so funny!

Spyder said...

Very pretty card, you're the quilling queen! Thank you for joining Quirky Craft's Summer Challenge this week!
(((Lyn)))

Ann English said...

Deb, what a gorgeous card. I wouldn't think to put those colors together but you are right-fabulous! Thank you for playing Twisted Thursday with us at Shirleys2Girls!

Nana said...

Gorgeous work as ever, Deb! Love it.
Thank you for playing with us at "PIO"!
hugs Nana

Rosemary said...

Deb - we parochial school kids ALWAYS find each other - I did an 8 year stint as well!

Suzanne said...

Absolutely beautiful! Sooooo much quilling. Thanks for playing along with Thoughtful Thursdays.

knitwit said...

I'm back! And my house looks like a bomb hit it! Groan...
Yet again, I'm catching up on a week's worth of your posts all at once. I'm loving this card. The colour scheme is perfect. Things always look brighter with a splash or two of yellow!

Shabby Cottage Studio said...

Goodenss I realized I haven't stopped by in good long while so stopped in for a visit. I love the look of your blog! So fresh and airy looking. You are still doing such beautiful work and I love that image of the inspiration room, it looks like I could walk in, sit down and just relax.
Cheers
Gail

rosalien said...

Great job with the flowers, love it.:)) Beautiful card. Thanks for playing with DS.

Rosalien

Helen said...

Gorgeous card!
Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!
Helen x

Theresa Momber said...

Deb, this is so beautiful! Those flowers are amazing!!

Heather said...

This is beautiful! I love the colors and the quilled flowers. I love quilling... I just never knew the right way to add them to a card. Thanks for the inspiration! Thanks for playing along this week at Freshly Brewed Challenges!

Kristen said...

Gorgeous card, I love the photo inspiration and how well you matched it. Thank you for joining us at KWED! We hope to see you again real soon!!!

Scrappy said...

Great card! LOVE the quilled daisies! Thanks so much for joining us at KWED! We hope you join us for our next challenge!

Maria Matter said...

omgoodness lady this is GORGEOUS!!! I had to read your list Deb, I thought you took up quilling!
take care
Hugs & blessings!

Julye said...

Oh these are fab daisies, a lovely sentiment too what more could it need. Thanks for joining our challenge at creative craft challenges.

Jenny said...

This is soooooo pretty! Love your quilling!! :) :) :) :) :)

Agata said...

Fabulous!!! Love your card, very elegant!

Allison said...

One lovely creation! I ♥ the quilling!

lynn said...

pretty, deb! great flowers!

Georgia said...

Another great card! Thanks for playing S2G TT.

Velta said...

I am SO LAUGHING!!! No wonder you get so many comments girl...the card is of course gorgeous...the story...hilarious! Thank you for making me smile :)

Jenny Gropp said...

WOWOWOWW! I love those quilled daisy stickers -- the card is simply stunning!

Cat said...

What a fabulous card! Have you ever thought of writing a book? I bet it would be a best seller! Thanks for joining us at S2G for our "Something New" Challenge!

Risa said...

Wow....what a stunning card Deb! The soft yellow is beautiful and those flowers are amazing!!
hugs
Risa:)