Happy Monday, crafty stampers ... hope your weekend was long and fabulous!
Today's 15 Minute card project was created using the color challenge from The Play Date Cafe, for the Papertrey Paper Dolls "What's Old is New" challenge. For all of the challenging deets you can visit The Play Date Cafe HERE, and the Papertrey Paper Dolls, HERE.
This card also qualifies for and has been entered into a number of other challenges. Check out "Today's Challenges" below, for a complete list.
PDCC#34 is a "Color Splash" challenge ... my favorite kind of Play Date challenge! Here's a look at the black, white, and a 'splash' of blue inspiration photo:
Striking 'splash o'color,' isn't it?
I created my black, white, and a splash of blue card using PTI's "Green Thumb" stamp set. This set is definitely OLD ... it was released in March, 2007. As a matter of fact, this set was the third stamp set released by Papertrey Ink ... soooooo, it's about as old as PTI stamp sets come!
Here's my card:
For the ginormous view of my one-layer card, clicky on the photo ... and for the
short list of products I used, check out the Card Recipe, below.
Soooooooooo, the other night the DH and I were hangin' out with Sheila and her DH. At some point in the festivities,
the guys we decided that we should watch some sports.
"Let's watch the NBA finals." Ken suggested.
"Naw, let's watch the World Cup." My DH countered.
"Well, I really don't care, but maybe Sheila has a preference." I added.
"So, those are the choices: soccer or basketball?" Sheila asked. "Okay, basketball. At least with basketball, something actually happens."
Thanks for spending part of your busy day with me!
- A Passion for Papertrey: One-Layer Card
- Aly's Sunday Challenge: Flower-Power
- Ann's Creative Nook: Masculine (This is Very No-Frills!)
- Cinema Saturday: Father of the Bride (Simple Joy=The Love of a Father/Blue)
- Corrosive Challenge: Black and White + One
- Cowgirl's Sunday Challenge: Anything Goes + Flowers
- Fun With Shapes and More: Flowery + Corner Rounder Punch
- Lots to Do: Quotation
- Paper Play: Something Old (Stamps)
- Papertrey Paper Dolls: What's Old is New (Green Thumb, March '07)
- Practical Scrappers: Flowers
- The Play Date Cafe Challenge: Color Splash, PDCC34
- Card Stock: Stampers Select White by PTI
- Stamps: All Stamps from "Green Thumb" Stamp Set by PTI
- Ink: "Basic Black" and "Pacific Point" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
- Accessories: Black Brad Pitts by American Crafts
- Tools: Corner Chomper by WRMK's; SAMJ by Stampin' Up
- Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" (Top-Folded)