TGIF stampin' paper-hoarders and welcome to the weekend! And, since it's finally another Friday, it's time for another "Stamp Simply" challenge!
This week, we're going to dig into our drawers, boxes, or bags of those rejected or unfinished pieces ... we all have those containers. I'm embarrassed to admit that I have several. Simply pull out a piece you started at some other time and for whatever reason never finished. So, instead of, "maybe I'll use this someday," today IS the day!
Be sure to tell us what piece you have rescued and given a second chance.
My "rescued" piece is the resist-technique focal image:
I spent a lot of time on this project, sponging on layers and layers of Distress inks, then over-stamping ... twice ... then heat embossing ... and ended up mostly unhappy with it. Today, it gets a "second chance."
To play along ... and we hope you do! ... simply create a project using a "rescued" piece, upload it to your blog or online photo gallery, then visit Sharon's blog, located HERE, to link up your project in Mr. Linky, located HERE.
When uploading to an online gallery, such as Splitcoast Stampers, SNR, or Paper Craft Planet, please use keyword: "ssnotime143" so that we can find your rescued project.
Don't miss the fabulous, "second chance" projects created by the rest of the "Stamp Simply" team:
Barbara Anders: Paper Pursuits;
Jenny Gropp: One Krafty Kat;
Sharon Johnson, Our Fearless Leader: No Time to Stamp?;
Janine Orchard: 2BKrafty;
AJ Otto: The Willow Garden;
Deb Saaranen: Dream in Color; (Deb is on hiatus this week)
Barb Schram: Explore. Dream. Discover.;
and our fabulous Guest Designer for June, Julia Aston: Create With Me.
We can't wait to see your "RESCUED" creations!
Sooooooo, yesterday I was hangin' out at Sheila's, when her
certifiably insane crazy sister, Jill, and her crazy friend, Brittany, stopped in.
After about an hour or so, Sheila noticed that Brittany hadn't lit up a (yuck!) cigarette once. "Are you finally trying to kick the habit, Britt?" Sheila asked.
"No," Brittany replied, "I'm coming down with a cold and I don't smoke when I'm not feeling well."
"You know," Jill observed, "you'd probably live longer if you were sick more often."
Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me ... hope your weekend is terrific!
- Alphabet Challenge: 'G' is for Green
- Always Playing with Paper: Masculine
- Cooking It Up With Katie: Emboss Some Green Ribbon
- Crafty Catz: Embossing (Heat)
- Creative Craft Challenges: Masculine
- Cute Card Thursday: Anything But a Square
- Res-Q Challenge: Top Three (Three Words in a Row)
- Stamp With Us: Get Well (Card Stock, Ribbon, Definition Stamp)
- One Stitch at a Time: Boys to Men
- The Crazy Challenge: Distress (Resist Created w/Distress Inks)
- Card Stock: PTI and Stampin' Up
- Stamps: "Definition" Background Stamp by Stampin' Up; "Grid Pattern" by Hero Arts; Leaves by PTI; Sentiment by PTI
- Ink: Versamark Watermark Ink; Various Distress Inks
- Accessories: Satin Ribbon by Stampin' Up; Clear Embossing Powder by Stampin' Up
- Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Label Die; Heat Gun by Stampin' Up; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
- Finished Size: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" (Top Folded)