Friday, June 4, 2010

Simply Sweet ...

Pin It


TGIF stampin' paper-hoarders and welcome to the weekend! And, since it's finally another Friday, it's time for another "Stamp Simply" challenge!

This week, our challenge comes to us from Jenny Gropp. Jenny wants us to create a card or a project featuring something SWEET ... a cake, cupcake, or candy! It can be a stamped image, patterned paper, or an embellishment ... whatever you have in your stash that fits the theme.

I sweetened my card by using a 'sweet' sentiment ... and a cute l'il 'cupcake' brad:

Please join us this week! When you've completed your sweet project, upload it to your blog or online photo gallery, then visit Sharon's blog, located HERE, to link up your project in Mr. Linky, located HERE.

When uploading to an online gallery, such as Splitcoast Stampers, SNR, or Paper Craft Planet, please use keyword: "ssnotime142" so that we can find your project.

Don't miss the fabulous sweet projects created by the rest of the "Stamp Simply" team:

Barbara Anders: Paper Pursuits;

Jenny Gropp: One Krafty Kat;

Sharon Johnson, Our Fearless Leader: No Time to Stamp?;

Janine Orchard: 2BKrafty;

AJ Otto: The Willow Garden;

Deb Saaranen: Dream in Color;

Barb Schram: Explore. Dream. Discover., and our talented guest designer for the month of June,

Julia Aston: Create with Me.

We can't wait to see your SWEET creations!

Sooooooooo, yesterday Sheila, Reid-the-Wild-Child, and I picked up Sheila's dumb-as-dirt crazy sister, Jill, and drove out west to pick up some citrus trees. On the way, we stopped by the Triple R Ranch to look at a Quarter horse that Sheila is crushin' on.

While we were in the barn, the Wild-Child picked up a rope and started waving it around.

"Look Aunty Jill, I'm a cowboy and this is my lasso. I'm gonna saddle up my horse now and go catch a cow." Reid said.

"That's all well and good, but exactly what do you plan on using for bait?"

Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me ... hope you have a fabulous weekend!

~Hugs,


Today's Challenges:

Card Recipe:
  • Card Stock: "Real Red" and "Whisper White" Card Stock by Stampin' Up
  • Designer Paper: Sassafrass Lass
  • Stamp: River City Rubber
  • Ink: "Real Red" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
  • Accessories: Cupcake Brad Pitt
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Square Die; Corner Rounder by WRMK's; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" (Top-Folded)
Shop for Stampin' Up products online ... 24/7 ... HERE

41 comments:

Elena said...

What a fun card, Deb! I really like this sentiment! And what a cute cupcake brad you added!

BonnieRose said...

such a cute card! Love the bold red!

Dazie said...

Oh its gorgeous I love it the colours are gorgeous and the cupcake is a scrumptious addition!
Thanks for joining us at magical crafts!
Dazie
x

Karen B. said...

I so much appreciated the chuckle this card gave me this morning, along with the excellent CAS design. The little cupcake is a cute addition too.

knitwit said...

I love that sentiment! Too funny!
TGIF indeed! Between my husband getting under my feet all week and my kid's therapy program, I need 2 days to decompress!
Have a great weekend!!

Janine said...

What a fabulous sentiment!! Love this one Deb! Have a great weekend.

Crystal said...

Happy Friday Deb!! Woohooo time for the weekend!!! Your card is fabulous, love the red and that AWSOME sentiment...Another GREAT one girl!

Julia Aston said...

That sentiment just cracks me up Deb! how hilarious!!! (right up your alley and down your street! LOL!!)

love the red and the cute cupcake tacked on there in the corner!!!! I'm so happy to be joining you guys this month!

Deborah Saaranen said...

So cute Deb! What an adorable sentiment--I'd never seen that before...everything about your design put a smile on my face!

Ann said...

Haha, love that sentiment, Deb! Such a fun challenge, too...hope to play along!

Barbara said...

Adorable, Deb! Love that little brad--it's too sweet!

Tina said...

Love the pop of red. Funny sentiment.

Fuzzy Slippers said...

OMG! I LOVE that sentiment! What a great card. :) Thanks for playing with us this week at SSDS. :) Stop by tomorrow for a new challenge!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh WOW Deb this is totally fabulous what a great fun sentiment and I love that cupcake brad this appeals to me so much .
Hugs
Lorraine x

jackiescrafts said...

What a great card, I love your cute cuocake brad
Thanks for joining in at Magical Crafts this time

Jackie x

Curt in Carmel said...

Two LOLs on this one. . .first the sentiment on your great card, and then the Jill story. I love how you write something and then strike it out. I always laugh at that when you do that. . .Oh, that makes THREE laugh out louds on thins post! LOL (now 4). . . .Have a great weekend! Best, Curt

tampatha said...

This is such a great card! I love that sentiment. Thanks for entering at AiFactory this week and good luck!
--Tammy DT

Audrey said...

What a great card! Love the POP of color! Thanks for joining our challenge at AiFactory.

Mags said...

Unbelievable how much good stuff you come up with. This one is great and makes me hungry!

Georgia Ehrmann said...

I love your card and the sentiment had me laughing! It sure fits my family! Thanks for joining us at AiFactory!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Great saying! How do you manage to combine so many challenges in one card, every time? I'm impressed! Love the cupcake brad.

Zoe said...

What a fantastic sentiment. Love the nice clean design. Thanks for sharing with us at Sundays with Crissy. Hugs, Zoe xxoo

AmandaB said...

Fabulous card and I love the sentiment.. Thanks for joining us at SSDS this week..

Amanda:0)

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card :-) I love the simole design and the sentiment ! brilliant :-)

congratulations on your Wikio ranking :-)

Luv
Lols x x

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

What a FUN sentiment! I've not seen that one before! LOVE the CAS style with all that white! GREAT card!

Joan said...

Oh this sentiment is FANTASTIC. Great card.

Cheryl said...

oh wow hun this is just gorgeous love the colurs and detail on this,many thanks for joining us over at OSAAT love hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

Fink said...

Just so sweet and simplistic! Great clean design! Thanks for joining us at AiFactory

Tammy T said...

Great card! Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week.

Velta said...

I can see that your fans are growing...probably because of your funny...LOL...your card is perfect and I am so lovin it!!!

Melissa said...

Super cute. Love the wording :) It's amazing how "simple" your cards are and yet you can tell there's so much thought into them!!

aussiescrapper said...

I just love that gorgeous card, the verse is gorgeous and in red just pops, I love cards that are simple in design, the papers here are gorgeous, wow sass lass would never have thought. Nate is back to normal, the mother a little dull still. Thanks for your well wishes. Love Melxx

Carol Ann said...

Very pretty card love your colour palette and the sentiment and your cup cake brad finishes it off beautifully. Thanks for playing along at Magical Crafts.
Carol Ann xx

Corie said...

WOW this is so sweet and yummy!!

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card Deb,thanks for playing along with us at sundays with Crissy,Hugs Debbie x

redwasher1 said...

A real sweet card!! Looks like a fun challenge

Ann said...

Wonderfully sweet card Deb! Thanks for playing along at the Nook this week.

Are you going to convention next month?

Marlene (cards4u) said...

This is way too much fun!! Put a smile on my face : )

Chris said...

ok, that sentiment made me snort and i was drinking!! so use your imagination! love this and now i must have that damn stamp!

Allison said...

Most wonderful! I want that sentiment...hilarious! And that brad is divine!

Jenny Gropp said...

i love that saying!! Excellent card for the sweet challenge!