Tuesday, June 1, 2010

You're so Sweet My Teeth Ache

Pin It


Happy Tuesday, hoarding card-makers ... hope your long holiday weekend was fantabulous!

Today's card project was created for my "You're So Sweet" card stash using stamps from SU's "Trendy Trees" stamp set and lots of different shades of pink:

A l'il bright, huh? And I just realized that looking at this card makes my teeth hurt ... hurry, look away!

For the ginormous view of my card, clicky on the photo ... and for all of the sweeeeeet product info, check out the Card Recipe, below.

Sooooooooo, yesterday after the parade Sheila and her family and the DH and I went to our community center for the Memorial Day ceremonies. On the way, Sheila explained to Reid-the-Wild-Child that he would meet some local veterans there.

"But what should I say to them?" Reid asked.

"Oh, just start by introducing yourself," Sheila replied, "then ask what branch of the military they served in."

Later at the meet-and-greet, a veteran came up to chat with us and Reid made sure to introduce himself to the gentlemen.

And then the Wild Child asked, "So, what tree are you from?"

Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me!

~Hugs,


Today's Challenges:

Card Recipe:
  • Card Stock: "Melon Mambo" and "Very Vanilla" Card Stock by Stampin' Up
  • Designer Paper: Retired, Stampin' Up
  • Stamps: Tree Parts from "Trendy Trees" Stamp Set by Stampin' Up; Sentiment by PTI
  • Ink: "Chocolate Chip" and "Melon Mambo" Dye Inks by Stampin' Up
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Square Dies; Rick-Rack Die; SAMJ by Stampin' Up; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" (Top-Folded)
Shop for Stampin' Up products online ... 24/7 ... HERE

21 comments:

aussiescrapper said...

Laughing at that cute joke....

I love the bright, in your face colour of this gorgeous card, and that beautiful stamp. Just love your cards, Jan will be down tomorrow so I can showcase this last week's cards, you so inspire her. Love Melxx

Karen B. said...

I think it is lovely and will be sure to brighten someone's day (hoping not to make their teeth hurt!)

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Deb yep it is bright but also beautiful I love this type of card CAS which always looks so elegant and classy to me...except when I try it lol.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Sharli said...

Good morning Deb! Yessirree, it's bright! But the pink looks good on the tree - it's actually a great card!

Funny story, too!
Hugs!

Spyder said...

oh yes very funny...reminds me of me...My friends baby brother was born, so my mum asked me what was his name...I thought for a bit, because I didn't 'get' the name at all, and said "Spot"
A little later mum found out the baby had been named "Mark".....Lovely card, and no my teeth are fine!! Thank you for joining Quirky Crafty's challenge this time round!
(Lyn)

made by fifi said...

beautiful card - love the coour - thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge this week x

Tina said...

Love all this pinkness!

Joan said...

Cute story! Love the pink!!!

Agata said...

This joke is so sweet!!! And your card is so, too! Love the pink!

Crystal said...

AWW Deb this is wonderful!!! One of my all time fav su sets and you worked it girl!! Hope you had a wonderful holiday weekend sweetie!

BA said...

hi deb
your card is fabulous love the fashion pink
thanks for joining us at TimbroScrapMania
xoxo BA

Rosanne said...

Lovely card!

Velta said...

LOL...again you have me smiling...this is just a trick of your trade girl...always something new to share! Love your card...Just the right shade of pink...simple and elegant!!!

Chris said...

very bright card indeed...but still very cute even thru my sunglasses!!

lol on your reid story, always entertaining!

redwasher1 said...

I love the bright pink and the way you made the card!!

Krista said...

I looove the bright pink and your card is soo sweet! Thanks for playing along with TPE!

Crafting Joanne said...

I love the clean and simple look to your card Deb and of course I love the pretty pinks

Thank you for joining us this week over at Totally Papercrafts.

Hugs

Joanne x

Allison said...

♥ this so!

Giò said...

Hi Deb!!! your card is pink and really fashion!!!! Thanks for joining us at Timbroscrapmania challenge.

Hugs
Giò

Davi said...

Hey DEb, Bright but very pretty. Love those dots and the clean and simple look that you do SO well!! Thank for joining us at the TT this week! :)

Lauren said...

This is adorable! It has such a simple elegance! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown! I hope you will join us again next week!

Lauren