Thursday, June 24, 2010

Happy Birthday!

Pin It


Happy Thursday, crafty stampers ... hold on, the weekend is in sight!

Today's card was created for my depleted birthday card stash using some fun banner stamps, old patterned paper, a few buttons, and some super-yummy silk ribbon:

For the ginormous view of my card, clicky on the photo ... and for all of the exciting product info, check out the Card Recipe, below.

Sooooooooo, yesterday while I was hangin' out at Sheila's, Reid-the-Wild-Child had his friend, Brian, over to play.

When it got a little too quiet, Sheila asked me to stick my head in and see what the l'il rascals were up to.

"Do Dads always snore?" I heard Brian ask.

"Naw, only when they're asleep." Reid responded.

Thanks so much for swingin' by the ol' blogstead today ... I ♥ it when you do!

~Hugs,


Today's Challenges:

Card Recipe:
  • Card Stock: "Whisper White" Card Stock by Stampin' Up
  • Designer Paper: "Bloom & Grow" Collection by My Mind's Eye
  • Stamps: All Stamps from The Stamps of Life
  • Ink: "Soft Suede" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
  • Accessories: Buttons; Silk Ribbon from The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store; Vintage Twine
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; "Swiss Dots" A2 Embossing Folder; Border Punch by MS; Corner Chomper by WRMK's; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
  • Finished Size: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" (Top-Folded)

21 comments:

BonnieRose said...

fabulous card... love it.. love that banner set, I hv that one too. need to get it more inky! Thks for the inspiration!

Karen B. said...

Oh how I love banners and this is a great card, so adorable. I very much like how you've used the buttons too!

Tina said...

Utterly adorable.

Crystal said...

WOW Deb LOVE these colors and that banner is GREAT!!!! OOOO that is some beautiful silk ribbon!!!

Davi said...

Very Pretty!! I love that fab banner and wonderful colors!!

Chris said...

what a fun card, love the banner!!

Danni said...

I just {heart} this!! So original and fun!! and I love the colors!! Love it!

travelingmama said...

This is just beyond cute! I love the little banner!

Pam said...

Love this card!!!

Maria Matter said...

These are such pretty colors Deb and your banner is FABULOUS!!! Ooo and you used one of my fab MS border punches!!!
hugs & blessings!

Sue from Oregon said...

Outstanding card with such lovely colors! I might have to case this baby!

Kendra said...

Kids are too funny hey?! I love it when that happens but I always forget to write it down and then can't think of what exactly was said (the details count with these things too usually!). Your card it gorgeous (love the banner look) and I just wanted to say congrats, you won the TCC challenge :) Give us a shout and we'll get your goodies to you! Thanks for playing
Kendra

Fink said...

This is a cute card! Love the pennants and congrats on the win! Thanks for joining us at The Character Cafe!

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card.
luv
Debby

Metal_Minish said...

Amazing card, what a tasty color combo!
Thanks for playing with us Dollies!

Elena said...

Wonderful card, Deb! Really like the banner stamp you used! And what a neat ribbon treatment!

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Lovely card! Some will love getting this Birthday Card. Have a great day!

Sherrie
My Journal
http://sherriesjournal.blogspot.com/2010/06/design-dollies.html

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Congrats on your win for this card! Nice job. (On the Character Cafe)

shellshearer said...

Gorgeous card, love how you have done your ribbon it looks fab
Thanks for joining us this week at 'The Crazy' Good Luck!
Hugs shell xx

Kate said...

awesome ice cream flavour!! thanks for dropping in to the doll house!!

Mia said...

Ohh my!! I really love this card! Wonderful colours!
Hugs from Mia