Friday, October 31, 2008

15 Minute Project ... Using a Cut & Fold Template

Pin It


So, I've been wondering: do illiterate people get the full effect of alphabet soup?

Today's card project was created for no good reason ... 'cept that I wanted to play with this Cut & Fold Template by American Traditional Designs.

I cut my template using a craft knife and designer paper from My Mind's Eye "Bohemia" collection. I mounted the cut "Arrow Round" on more paper from the same collection, attached a scrap of grosgrain ribbon, and mounted the whole shebang on my card base.

I stamped my sentiment, from Stampin' Up!, using Colorbox dark brown fluid chalk ink. Hey, lookie, Mel, I'm using the stamps again!

Easy-peasy and ready to serve in just 15 Minutes!

Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me; Y.K.Y.R.!

~Hugs,


-Card Stock: Bazzill; Cut Card Stock
-Designer Paper: My Mind's Eye "Bohemia" Collection
-Stamp: Stampin' Up!
-Ink: Colorbox by Clearsnap
-Accessories: Grosgrain Ribbon
-Tools: Arrow Round Template by American Traditional

20 comments:

Diane.W. said...

Hi Deb! Missed ya loads!!!
Your card is great,like the sentiment stamp :o)x

Joanne (Stamps4sanity) said...

It's really cool Deb! It sure looks more complicated then fifteen minutes! Very nice...

Theresa said...

I love how you always make me ponder important matters like alphabet soup. For some reason, I never get any vowels. I wonder if they leave them out to torment people.

Love this card, Deb. Looks complex, but gorgeous. Great colors.

Elena said...

Great card, Deb! The template is so handy!
My son loves alphabet soup!

LiveLaughScrap said...

Love the card & great colors.
Lori

Shirley said...

You are so funny about the alphabet soup. I love your card and I have some of those I have never used~! Go figure and your card is just really pretty too!

Allison said...

Gorgeous...love the DP choice!

Curt in Carmel said...

Gorgeous! Looks like a lot more work than you describe! Best, Curt

kalissa said...

Wow, this is sensational!Thanks for posting!

Dolce Deb's Designs said...

What a gorgeous card I love all the cutting you did wow. TFS.

Debbie/Phx AZ

Ann said...

Mmm...alphabet soup...

Anyhoo, love your card! Cool design, and I love the colors! :D

wendyp said...

Love that cut n fold design! Awesome card!

Michelle said...

Sometimes a card for no reason is the bestest kind! Love that template, and LOVE that color combo! Great card!

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

You are wicked good with a craft knife! This is so beautiful. I'm not surprised though. SO kewl that you're usin' the stamps You sweetie! So many stamps so little time! :O)

malieta said...

This card is a stunner Deb!!!

tiggertastic said...

I really like the effect this card creates, I don’t think I have seen this style before. What a excellent make and just 15 minutes - wow!

thank you for your very kind comment on my blog

sarah x

julie king said...

this one looks so complex and intricate!! my grandma farmer was a prolific quilter and this makes me think of her.

Lisa said...

Oh Deb!!!! WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW, oh my gosh this is amazing and how amazing are all the other creations you have done. I have only been out of action a few days and u have done loads.
Blog candy alert over at my blog.
Hugs
Lisa
xxx

Deb Wood said...

Sooooo pretty Deb!!

Tonniece said...

Very pretty.
I'm lov'in those , very cut and fold things you use, very different and love the results.