Monday, October 27, 2008

Is Not Bloggin' the New Black?!?

Pin It



Hey, there you are! I hope you're enjoying "Sylvia Plath Day." I know I am ... and I plan on stickin' my head in the oven just as soon as I finish this post! Seriously ...

ONward H-C-Ms:

So, once again I'm posting a paper bag album I have listed on eBay. If you'd like to see the listing, for more pix of this project ... or my kewl auction template, click HERE.

Okay, so obviously, that ^ is the cover ...


And this ^ spread is pages 2 and 3 ...


^ Pages 4 and 5 ...


^Pages 6 and 7 ...


^ Pages 8 and 9, and ...


^ And, finally, pages 10 and 11.

Being that the holidays are upon us, I have hundreds of cards to create ... not to mention gifts and paper bag albums. A girl's gotta have $$ for the holidays, right?!?

Ummm, none of which is going to leave me a lot of time for bloggin'. Sooooo, unfortunately, I'll be posting infrequently at best for awhile. But I see I'm not alone here ... many of you have either emailed me, commented, or posted on your own blogs that, for at least the time being, bloggin' has to take a backseat to other obligations. And no one has to tell me how much time photographing, editing, uploading, posting, and return-comment-blurfin' takes! WoWzA, who knew?!?

Which raises the question: is NOT bloggin' the new craftin' trend?!?

Okay, for all you Sheila-junkies, here's a true ditty:

I stopped by Sheila's this weekend for a sec ... and basically watched her run up and down stairs, out to the garage, and back and forth to her laundry room.

"Is this a bad time, Kiddo?" I asked.

"Oh, no, just hang for a few minutes while I run this load of laundry upstairs."

About halfway up the stairs, her phone rang.

So, here comes Sheila runnin' back down the stairs to answer the phone.

The man on the other end of phone said to her, "Hi, Mrs. L.; we're calling people in your area today and would like to know if you would help us by participating in a brief survey."

Without missing a beat, she told them, "Sorry. I'm BUSY, survey your own briefs!"

Seriously ... outta the mouths of blondes! I'm definitely gonna be using that one too ...

~Hugs,

18 comments:

Tina said...

Deb,
As always, this is incredibly beautiful!

Diane.W. said...

Beautifulllllll!!!!!!!! Luv your books.Please don't stop posting,I will miss you :o(
I have to have my daily funny story :o)x

Paula's ponderings said...

A girlies gotta do what a girlies gotta do but I am gonna miss you and your beautiful creations and Sheila sooooooooooo much... I may just stay in bed the days you dont post...seriously...

Allison said...

Love this so much...shared a link with Paula since this would be right up her alley. Bad joke as usual, Ms. Deb.

Joanne (Stamps4sanity) said...

OMG! You're back! YEAH!!! (hug) I love these albums you do! All those little details are amazing...

Deb said...

You are too funny!! I love Sheila and I looove the absolutely gorgeous paper album!!

I sent your package today!! Ket me know when you get it!

chelemom said...

WOW! This album is amazing! I love shabby chic!!!

Deborah said...

Love this awesome paper bag creation! Happy creating! Deb

Ann said...

OMGosh, Sylvia Plath day?! You are BAD! Bwhahahaha!!!! :D

GORGEOUS project! You rock, girl!

Heather "Hev" said...

Amazing work!!!

Am totally inspired!!

StampinCathy said...

This is such a beautiful vintage album. I just love the colors and the layouts for the pages are beautiful.

Elena said...

Just beautiful! Love your books! And love your jokes!

Annapurna said...

You should open this up to the world. Super duper job putting it all together. Especially with all the goodies in there, I am sure whoever wins this will be a lucky one ;-)

Shirley said...

Gee, I knew I came here for something besides your great art and it was the interesting people you know too! I needed a good laugh! Your book is fabulous!

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

Breathtaking!!! Do you have a zillion of these gorgeous books stashed away somewhere. You are so amazing. I'm glad to know it was Silvia Plath day (I love her writing) I missed it tho' been insanely busy. Guess I snooze I lose! I think not blogging is definitely the new craft trend. This time of year is SO big for burnout. Might be the lack of sunlight. Hope everything is wonderful with you. Hugs, :O) mel

malieta said...

You are great with these albums Deb! The layout and embellishments are eye-catching and beautiful!!!

Tonniece said...

Ok... I am totally lost for words here.
Whatever everyone else has said, I TRIPLE it.
So beautiful Deb. Love it

Shirley said...

Oh dear, Deb! I came to visit because I have missed you and your art.....but, I also understand. I love this bag album too! I need the fix and you gave it. Thanks, Deb.