Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Trick or Treat?

Pin It



Hey, there you are! I hope you're enjoying "National Nut Day" ... I know I am. But when you're truly nuts, everyday is a holiday ... heck, some days I even make popcorn and blow up balloons!

ONward H-C-M's:

Today's card project was created to match the paper bag album I'm currently selling on eBay. If you'd like to see the listing, you can click HERE. If you'd like to check out the post in which I've blogged about this spooooookkkkky album, then click THERE. If you'd like to celebrate being nuts, click EVERYWHERE!

I promised my eBay buyers that I would reveal on my blog what "treats" I'd put in to each of the three large pockets of the album. And a promise is a promise, soooooo ...

Pocket #1: Contains this ^ Halloween card. It can be used as a gift card if you intend to give the album away ... you know, being that Halloween IS one of the major gift-giving holidays of the year and all! Or you can mail it off to your mother-in-law ... or simply leave it in the pocket and forget you ever laid eyes on it. Embellished A2 envelope is included. Retail value: $47,000.00.

Pocket #2: Contains a set of 10 brand-spankin'-new acrylic stamps, "Boo to You." Which is the title of the album too ... see how it all falls perfectly into place?!? The set contains the cutest l'il Halloween stamps including ghosts, spiders, bats, jack-o-lanterns and all manner of other spooky Halloween icons. All of which are tucked into a hand-stamped and embellished 'treat' bag. Retail value: $4.99 ... five years ago. If you can find it, it's prolly lots more than that now.

Pocket #3: Contains a r-e-a-l-l-y spooky-kewl post card from Boston's Granary Burying Ground. Umm, the photo on this post card is prolly the oldest and most frightening grave stone I've ever laid eyes upon. I kid you not.

Text on the back of the postcard reads, "Here Lyes the Body of Elizabeth Cushion, Died November 24, 1689." Photographed by Patrick Ruth. Retail value: 12.5 gr., Eye of Newt.

Okay, I feel better now that I've upheld my end of the bargain.

Soooo, I still have house guests so it's pretty crazy around here ... oh yay, w-a-y more than normal-crazy. I'll post just again as soon as I can. I apologize to all of you who've been commenting here ... I just don't have the ... oh, say, 5 hours it takes to return-comment-blurf right now. I'll make it up to y'all by double-entry commenting on all of your blogs ASAP, okeedokee?!?

And for all of you who've been e'ing me asking what Sheila's up to, I offer you this:

We had plans to go to the Green Market yesterday but when I went out to my car to go pick her up, I noticed that ... um, my interior car lights were on. So, of course my battery was dead.

I went back inside and called her to tell her I couldn't pick her up.

"No problem," she said, "I'll be right over to pick you up."

When she arrived in her huge Hummer, I asked if she'd brought her jumper cables so we could charge up my battery. She hadn't. No biggie, but then I made the mistake of suggesting that she push my car with her tank car.

I think my fatal error was telling her that because my Camaro had an automatic transmission, it needed to be pushed at a speed of at least 30 mph for it to start.

She said, "Okeedokee!" and hopped into her tank car ... and drove off. As I sat there, I wondered what the heck she was doing. Oh yeah; I found out soon enough.

After a minute or two had passed, I saw her in my rear-view mirror ... coming at me at about 40 mph. As I quickly jumped out of my car, I realized that I shoulda been just a teensy bit clearer with my directions. Yeah, don't ask, it's a mess. A "total" mess ... but no one got hurt.

I tells ya, it's always somethin' ...

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: Bazzill Basics
  • Designer Paper: Unknown
  • Ink: Creamy Brown Fluid Chalk Ink
  • Accessories: Vintage Anagram Letter Tiles; Grosgrain Ribbon
  • Tools: MS Spider Punch

22 comments:

Diane.W. said...

HAHAHA!!! You make me giggle!!!
Your card is fabulous & I luv your book :o)x

Tina said...

Fantastic Deb, great card!

Joan said...

Goodness....what a story - and a great card too. Joan

Erica B. said...

Funny story!

Love the card and the album. That's a fun idea to stuff goodies inside of the pockets.

Have fun with the house guests!

Deb said...

LOL!! Happy Nut Day!! Cute card!!

Joanne (Stamps4sanity) said...

I miss you. Make them go home!!!

Annapurna said...

What a lucky person that is, the one winning your book ;-)

All the treasures sound intriguing.
That Sheila, gotta watch out for her.

savy said...

AND . . . she really drives a Camaro! Is this the kewlest girl we know, or what??

Shirley said...

Oh my gosh, I knew it was my day when I woke up! I think your bag is nice......I am sitting here laughing my head off!!!!!!!! If you ever read this you can laugh with me.....that is if you car is really okay. I could see her coming too!

Deborah said...

BOO Deb! Funny lady and great card! Deb

Paula's ponderings said...

Definately 100%, no questions, without a doubt, stark raving NUTS you are woman!! My day does not start right without my fix of nuttiness! Your cards, your stories and your jokes are what makes blogland the nicest place to be.

Elena said...

Great card! Love the spiders! Not real ones, only yours! Lots of treasures in your book!
As I was telling before... I love your stories!

Elena said...

And here I am again! Just wanted to tell you, Deb, that I love your blog! Visiting you is like having lots of good emotions and being inspired at the same time! I have a special award for you at my place!

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

Lovin these Eek spiders! Gorgeous layout and it was such a blast to read what was in your altered book. (Makes me wanna bid on it! but I can't afford the 12.5 gr., Eye of Newt. Inflation is a kicker, heehee.) I hope you're having a great time with your house guests. Lucky them to get to hang with you! You show us so much blurfy love that we can afford to share you, (but we miss you of course!) Hugzzzzz P.S. that Sheila is a wild woman!

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

P.P.S. This post is just to be completely nuts:

sahdfaskjfhhfashfa;ouredsjkf
hafjyhairohywJHFCsifyrhjnlkjQ
asjifhwirulhwjfhHDFShfshjkhf

XOX

Curt in Carmel said...

Great card and post! I do miss you! I can never tell if your stories about Sheila are true or not. . .I know, I am a dork, but you are such a great story teller. I hope this story was not true. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry for ya! Best, Curt

Corie said...

What a great card -- love it!!

Ret said...

Hi, I'm new here. One of your blog fans, shirley, pointed me in this direction. I love your book! awesome, but....I love your story more! lol I'm still chuckling & trying to decide if you're serious or not!!! If it is, I'm glad you jumped out, but sorry that the camaro didn't jump with you!
have fun with your company!

Diane said...

Oh no,your poor camero!!!!!
Love your spider card! And I agree with Joanne,make them go away,Just Kidding,lol!

Jamie Martin said...

Love the spirder card, the DP is fab :)

Lisa said...

Woohoooo co-ordinating accessories, you will have your own designer ranges before we know it!!!

Suzanne said...

Love the Halloween Cards Deb!

If you would like to pop by....I have something on my Blog for you!

Hugs Suze x