Friday, October 10, 2008

Button, Button, Who's Got the Button?

Pin It



Geez, just when I was gettin' used to yesterday, along comes today! And just when you were gettin' used to yesterday's card, along comes today's!

ONward H-C-M's:

Today's card was created for Allison's "Suggestive Sunday" blog challenge. This week, Allison challenged us (you to Sistah Sledge), to create a paper project using buttons. Never saw that comin', didcha?

I stamped my focal image on white card stock using Distress ink, matted it, and mounted the whole shebang on a torn-edge piece of Kiwi Kiss card stock. I stamped the kitty, then punched it in the head. Hah! Just seein' if you're payin' attention! I punched the stamped kitty out using a round file tab punch from SU.

I tied some grosgrain ribbon around the piece, adhered six vintage buttons, tied some Kiwi floss to my knot and finis! Hey, don't my buttons look just like l'il tires?

So, yesterday Sheila asked me if I'd like to run to Barnes & Noble with her and her son, Reid, the p-r-o-b-l-e-m child I told you about earlier this week.

Once there, Reid bolted and we started browsing the bestsellers. Several minutes went by and there was no sight of the p-r-o-b-l-e-m child.

"Umm, Sheila, where's Reid? Do you think we should go look for him?" I asked.

"Yeah, I guess. Reid!" she called out. Then louder, "Reid!"

Just as we spotted her son in the next aisle, we bumped into a B & N employee.

"Pardon me, ma'am," he said, "but most folks come here because they already like to read. No sense wasting your time trying to convince them."

Seriously. No. REALLY, seriously. I mean it this time.

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: "Raven" by Bazzill Basics; Stampers Select by Papertrey Ink; "Kiwi Kiss" by Stampin' Up!
  • Designer Paper: NONE ... again
  • Stamps: "Hocus Pocus" Collection by Close to My Heart; "Party Punch" by Stampin' Up!
  • Ink: "Spiced Marmalade" Distress Ink by Ranger; "Black Soot" Distress Ink by Ranger
  • Accessories: Grosgrain Ribbon; Vintage Buttons, Personal Collection; Embroidery Floss by DMC
  • Tools: Round File Tab Punch by Stampin' Up!; The Ultimate Craft Glue by Api; Scrap Fusion PA by Ivy Hollow; Mini Glue Dots

24 comments:

Diane.W. said...

Hahaha!!! You are sooo bad,punching the cat in the head,lol!!!! Those pumpkins scare me a bit,they look fierce!!!
Your card is fabulous & luv the buttons :o)x

Tina said...

Deb, your card is amazing. The colors are just perfect.

Lydia said...

CRAZY CUTE!!!! I love this so much!!

TFS, girl!

Lydia
www.understandblue.blogspot.com

Tonniece said...

Punching cats and old tires.....ahhh the memories. But that's another story.

Love the card Deb. Cool image and just love how you use twine on your cards.

Happy friday

P.S.
no national anything day today?

Annapurna said...

Oh no! A pumpkin wasteland. They seem to be partying :-) Very well done.

Now that joke I got right away. Very funny!

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

You are just way too GOOD! This is stunning. Neat-o stamp & What a great layout. I don't use enough tabs. I love how your tab is the same colour as the mat. Those buttons look brilliant too. You ROCK!!! So when you coming over to untie me from all of this string, hey? The Lilliputian paper people have staged an uprising in a revolution against having their strings pulled in my ruthless craftmunist regime. Hellllllp!!! heehee hee :O) giggle-y hugs.

Allison said...

Awesome Deb...love that mat you chose! Terrific mix of elements as always (esp. those buttons).

Deb said...

Very cool Deb!! By the way, what day is today?

Bad Barnes and Noble employee!!

Lisa said...

Oh Deb.. this card ROCKS you ROCK and you ROCK my world.. you are always coming up with inspirational projects and I love the buttons on this one.
U go girl.
XX

The Rubber Maid said...

Great choice of everything. Love the buttons...cool. Have a great weekend. Pat

julie king said...

your card has two of my fave things -- buttons and the color orange!!!

Elena said...

Love the buttons! Orange floss realyy bring them up! The cat in the tab looks so cool! Love the vintage ink color and the stamp too!!!

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

Do you ever get tired of hearing how funny you are? You are Hilarious! Uproarious! Fantabulously FUuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnY! Thanks for the fake comment & endless giggles. heeheheeeheeeee laughy'ugs :O)

Carolyn Bounds said...

CrAzY fun card, Deb!!! I love the "tire" buttons and the eerily wonderful stamp!!!

Hugs!
Carolyn

Shirley said...

I need to have my eyes checked. I thought it was a bat and kept looking for it. LOLOL

Deborah said...

Well you sure did button up on this one Deb! Love your card for the challenge! Deb

Carolyn King said...

Awesome card...love the file folder side! The colors and buttons are fabulous!

LOl on the Reid story! That is hysterical!

Have a great weekend!

wendyp said...

Love this! The color combo, that cool stamped image...awesome!!!

Deanna said...

Love this card, it is perfect!

Ann said...

Love this! Great use of the buttons, and great job on the challenge!

Andy Guo said...

At first I was marveled to see such a blog.Your blog is sparkling. It has a great appeal. How are U able to cope such a lot. Meet me at
http://gwb-chinese.blogspot.com/
Waiting with curiosity. To know your innovation.

learn chinese said...

Thank you very much for sharing.
Through your blog, a lot of people including me of course have a chance to read and learn from.
I have read some of your post and I really enjoyed reading it.
Thanks again and looking forward for more of your posting soon!

malieta said...

Your card is very cute Deb and I love the buttons!!!
I also got a kick out of the Reid story...too funny!

Curt in Carmel said...

Love the card, love the joke, and love to "Reid" your blog! Love ya my bloggin buddy! Best, Curt