Monday, October 20, 2008

Something New, Part Two ...

Pin It

Hey! Is it just me, but have you noticed that poetry is my strong suit? Nah, me neither ...


So happy Monday all and one! Did you know? Today is "National Brandied Fruit Day" ... kinda like a liquid fruit-cake ... with a built-in buzz. Ipso facto, MUCH better than a fruit-cake!

Since I don't have a card project to show you, I thought I'd show you this paper bag album I created. This ^ is, obviously, the cover ...


This ^ spread is pages 2 and 3 ...

This ^ spread is pages 4 and 5 ...



This ^ spread is pages 6 and 7 ...



This ^ spread is pages 8 and 9, and ...



This ^ spread is pages 10 and 11.

There's lots more to see (like the back cover and the album inserts), of this album on eBay. If you'd like to take a look, clicky HERE. And if you'd like to bid on it, I promise not to try to stop you!

I have out-of-state house guests this week, so I'm not sure how much creatin' or postin' I'll be getting to, but I'll do my best, okeedokee?!? Plus I promised on my eBay listing that I'd reveal the super-secret-surprise "treat" contents of the three paper bag album pockets on my blog. 'Course, NOT doing so could constitute the "trick" part of "trick or treat," but ...

Soooooooooo, this weekend the DH and I drove up to St. Lucie County to visit some friends we haven't seen in for-evuh.

As we were about to leave Palm Beach County, we saw a large sign that read, "LAST CHANCE FOR $3.25 GAS!!"

We still had more than a quarter of a tank left, but figured we'd take advantage of this opportunity to fill-up the tank.

As the DH was getting his change from the attendant, he asked, "So, how much IS gas in St. Lucie County?"

The attendant replied, "$3.10 ..."

Seriously.

~Hugs,



17 comments:

Paula's ponderings said...

Truly inspiring Deb...and as for the album......WOWSIE WOW!!

Diane.W. said...

Luv your books,they are amazing!!!
I have a very appropriate award on my blog for you :o)x

Tina said...

Deb, this is amazing. Your attention to detail is incredible.

malieta said...

Your album is awesome Deb! I love all the detailing and the cover is amazing!! As always...great job!

Allison said...

This is so cool...love all the mixed bits!

Curt in Carmel said...

These are simply awesome! I love the treasure trove of stuff inside! The cover on this one is absolutely amazing! Best, Curt

Joanne (Stamps4sanity) said...

This is beautiful! I love all the detail. That is soooooo funny about the gas!

Elena said...

Wow! Your album is amazing! Love the embellishments! Love the inserts!

Deborah said...

My goodness Deb, this book is just fabulous! Enjoy your company! Deb

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

Woah!!!! This is ultra kewl. I love those faces on the front! With the chain like that. WOWsers! And you are the absolute BEST at making orange looks stunning. You make the most nifty gorgeous compilations of vintage goodies. Where DO you find these treats? Me thinks it is just your tricks that make 'em look so great. Spoooooky'ugs

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

P.S. I love that you're a poet but didn't know it and I'm out of brandy lol so I'll have to eat fruit and drink too much coffee. Wait a minute; that sounds awful, lol. P.P.S. "EEk Spiders" is just TOO Awesome Dudette!

savy said...

WOW. I'm headin' on over to bid FAST! I love it! You continue to amaze me, Deb!

Shirley said...

Wow, Deb, what a fun book. You have talents in every direction. I could no more start page 1, let alone the cover, which I might add is just spectacular! What a treat! TFS

Joan said...

Wow, What a fantastic project!!! Joan

E.T said...

looks like LOADS of hard work, but i am loving your cover! the skulls and chains look awesome!

jogjacartoonvisit said...

Really great art work...

Lisa said...

Hey Deb, this is just sooooooooooooooo amazing just like U!!!!! Sorry for not being around much lately just have a lot on, making cards for Card maker of the year competition, sewing for craft shows, trying to develop new lines for my online stationery business and so on... and on.... am sure your bored of it all by now.
I just love the way you have put this album together you are just so talented!!!!!
Love it and U
xx