Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Give Thanks ... Or Cash ... What's Easiest for You?

Pin It



Hey, guess what?!? Today is my most favorite day of the whole year ... it's "National Dessert Day!" What's not to like about today?!? Well, yeah, the calories, and the fat, but otherwise ... what?

ONward H-C-M's:

Today's card project was created for my Turkey Day card stash, so if any of you are on my card list, you should leave now. Or close your eyes, one.

I stamped my image on Vintage Cream card stock, and colored it in with Koh-I-Noor pencils blended with Gamsol.

I used my spiral punch to create a mat, then used dies to create my sentiment. I matted the whole shebang to the card base using DP from Daisy D's, punched and pierced a photo corner, and tied on some twill ribbon. Easy-peasy-pumpkin-squeezy!

So, in honor of "National Dessert Day," Sheila and I attended a weight-loss seminar.

Not surprisingly, the group leader was extolling the merits of the program's prepared-food products. She raved about the rich, delicious flavor of the imitation chocolate fudge and the non-dairy pops, assuring us that we could eat them without the least fear of ruining our diets.

Sheila raised her hand, and when the speaker acknowledged her, Sheila volunteered, "And they're even better when you spread peanut butter on them!"

That's my girl!

~Hugs,


  • Card Stock: Bazzill Basics; Papertrey Ink
  • Designer Paper: "Gypsy Harvest" Collection by Daisy D's
  • Stamp: #H140 by Great Impressions
  • Ink: "Timber Brown" Staz-On by Tsukineko
  • Color Medium: Koh-I-Noor Woodless Colour Pencils
  • Accessories: Twill Ribbon
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine and "Olivia" Alphabet Die Set by Provo Craft; Photo Corner Punch by Stampin' Up!; Spiral Punch by Stampin' Up; Mat Pack by Stampin' Up!; Paper Piercing Tool by Making Memories; Dimensionals; Scrap Fusion PA by Ivy Hollow; Gamsol by Gamblin; Paper Stump by Dick Blick

PS: Just a few hours left to vote in Y.ou K.now Y.ou R.ock's "Background Muzak" challenge. Hurry over and vote ... someones whole future depends on *it!

*I kid ...

20 comments:

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

I'll have to give thanks cuz my pockets got nothin' but lint. Heehee. I am SO happy that today is national dessert day, so that I can have that chocolate as per Dr. Debalicious orders! Love this card. Those are some beautiful squashes! Your colouring is divinely up to its stunning par. Love 'em with the purple. :O) Squashy'ugs!

P.S. The paper people got up and left; they said they weren't about to get the flu! Secretly, they were mad at me for hoggin' all the chocolate cake, but PUH-leeease! I didn't even give them paper mouths; how--I ask you---are they supposed to eat chocolate? lol.

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

P.P.S. You know you bring out the weirdo in me? I find it thoroughly enjoyable, but I bet you're thinkin' that chick is WEIRD! heeheehee. ;O)

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

P.P.P.S. I'm not stalking you, honest. Well, maybe a little. It's all sweet Anna DaGenerous's fault! ('cause she's not posting as often..which means I must pester you more.) ;O)

Diane.W. said...

Gorgeous & those pumpkins are great :o)x

Tina said...

Gorgeous! I love thos punkins (Cody talk) and the layout is awesome.

chelemom said...

Great card!!!

Elena said...

Gorgeous card! Love these pumpkins! Beautiful background! Love the contrast of the black and orange.
Happy National Dessert Day!

Allison said...

Gorgeous chick...love the BG!

Deb said...

So beautidul, love it with the purple!! Awesome card!!

Janine said...

Love your work!!!

Lisa said...

Aw Deb Lovin what ya got gong on here and btw you don't need to attend a weight loss programme!!!!!!

Corie said...

Love this -- great colors!!

Ann said...

This card is gorgeous! I love the coloring on the pumpkins and the purple layer, too. All this talk of dessert and pumpkins has me thinking about pie...mmm...

Deanna said...

Beautiful, nice work with pencils and gamsol!

Thanks for the comments on my blog, I wouldn't even know how to go about emailing Kim Hughes! She is too awesome! :)

Joanne (Stamps4sanity) said...

You really crack me up! lol! Love your card but mostly, I appreciate YOU!

Klaressa said...

Your card is gorgeous Deb and your pumpkins are super yummy! Great job with the coloring and pass the chocolates please.!
Hugs
Risa:)

Deborah said...

Love your pumpkins Miss Deb! How about some pumpkin cheesecake? YUM! Deb

Erica said...

Really cute card...it's not easy finding "Give Thanks" stamps...they usually say Happy Thanksgiving. So your idea to use the CB (right?) is a good one.
Wish I'd known it was such an indulgent holiday earlier. I'd have had dessert with my breakfast this AM. Hubby treated me.
Erica

Erica said...

Really cute card...it's not easy finding "Give Thanks" stamps...they usually say Happy Thanksgiving. So your idea to use the CB (right?) is a good one.
Wish I'd known it was such an indulgent holiday earlier. I'd have had dessert with my breakfast this AM. Hubby treated me.
Erica

Annapurna said...

Love thee colors and the pumpkins and that olivia. I wish I kept mine now.

I am liking how Mel is stalking you, more than your jokes :-)