Thursday, October 16, 2008

Can't Help it I'm Fall-Fall-Fallin' ...

Pin It



Hey, there you are! And not a minute too soon 'cuz it's "Dictionary Day" and I wanted you to read my post and try to find all the misspelled words. Can you bare it?!?

ONward H-C-M:

Today's card project was created for no good reason using one of my most favorite stamp sets. So, if you've seen it used before here, you're now officially excused. But go straight home.

I loaded my stamp with Versamark, then tapped on dye ink, and stamped my fall images. I sprinkled on clear embossing powder and heat set with my gun ... hey, did I ever tell you I won a quick-draw contest? Prolly not ... 'cuz I didn't.

Using Versamark, I randomly stamped my card stock with this cute l'il leaf image, tied on some natural jute twine, made a jute twine bow, and finis!

So, last night, I popped in for a quick visit with Sheila.

Her DH was sitting in 'his' chair reading The Palm Beach Post.

He turned to Sheila and said, "You know, honey, I think there might be some real merit to what this article says: that the intelligence of a father often proves a stumbling block to the son."

"Well, thank heaven," Sheila responded, "at least our son has nothing standing in his way."

Seriously.

~Hugs,


  • Card Stock: Papertrey Ink
  • Designer Paper: NONE (Shocking!)
  • Stamps: "Fall" Stamp from "The Seasons" Collection by Hero Arts; Small Leaf by Stampin' Up!
  • Ink: Versamark; "Spiced Marmalade" Distress Ink by Ranger; "Autumn Terracotta" Dye Ink by Close to My Heart
  • Accessories: Natural Jute Twine
  • Tools: Heat Gun; Clear Embossing Powder; Dimensionals

18 comments:

Diane.W. said...

I was a bit put off by the title of today's post,after my 2 recent falls,lol!!! ;O)
Your card is beautiful & Autumnal :o)x

Lisa said...

WOW!!!!! Deb this is so beautiful I love it ah big sigh but then I love everything you do!!

Tina said...

Whoa, this is a stunner. Fantastic colors and the layout is just perfect with the images.

Tonniece said...

Just lovely Deb

Thanks for the chuckle

Happy thursday

Janine said...

FAbulous Deb!!!

Shirley said...

I love your card! The colors are so Fall,of course, but the BG and that twine and how you used it really makes the card. Speaking of spelling, I always forget to check mine when I post commments and I am so sorry. I keep meaning to post a disclaimer on my blog.

Paula's ponderings said...

Your card as always is beautiful, your spelling??? hmmmm Now then...favoUrite...coloUr ...U know Im right!! lol x

Paula's ponderings said...

Your card as always is beautiful, your spelling??? hmmmm Now then...favoUrite...coloUr ...U know Im right!! lol x

Erica B. said...

Do you feel fall in Florida or do you sense it?

Joanne (Stamps4sanity) said...

LOL! Thanks for the laugh, I needed it today. Oh yeah, the card is really cool too. ;-)

Allison said...

You are a nut...one day these blog postings are going to make me ring up the Palm Beach "men in white coats" to come get you! Super card...love the autumnal vibe!

Deb said...

Beautiful! It's too late for me to spell check! LOL!!

Elena said...

Deb! This so beautiful! I love what Versa Mark, Dye ink and Clear embossing powder make together! They make a Real Beaty!!! Thank you, Deb!

Ann said...

Love this card! The beautiful colors, the uncluttered layout, and the embossing are all wonderful! :D

malieta said...

What a beautiful card and the deep orange colors are very beautiful!

tiggertastic said...

what a lovely cards, the use of the stamps is fantastic

Sarah x

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

Dictionary day! Kewl. I luv yor kard and yor jok two. The culours our beeoutiful. ;O)

Jessica said...

I love the bow - it fits so perfectly with the theme of the card!