Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Boo to You Too ...

Pin It



Happy Magic Circles Day! I'm standing in one right now! Try it; it's magical!

ONward H-C-M's:

Today's tag project was created for Sam and Anne's "Tag You're It" tag challenge. For all the deets, including a look at the sketch I followed, click HERE. I must say, it's very challenging creating a tag using a sketch ... not a lot of space to work with, KWIM? 'Course the magic circles helped ...

I cut out my tag with a Long Rectangular Die, then soaked the tag overnight in 2 gallons of walnut ink.

I ran my Kiwi Kiss card stock through the 'Bug using the "Spiderweb" A2 folder, stamped my spooooooky l'il ghost on white, and cut out a pumpkin from some old Daisy D's patterned paper.

I stamped my "Boo!" sentiment in black Archival ink, die cut three bats and a spider in the Cuttlebug and mounted the whole shebang on dimensionals. I added some vintage rick-rack and lots of funky fibers and finis!

So today, I watched an ant climb a blade of grass. When he reached the top, his weight bent the blade down to the ground. Then, twisting his thorax with insectile precision, he grabbed hold of the next blade. In this manner, he traveled across the lawn, covering as much distance vertically as he did horizontally, which both amused and delighted me.

And then, I had an epiphany, a moment of heightened awareness in which everything becomes clear.

Yes, hunched over that ant on my hands and knees, I suddenly knew what I had to do: quit drinking before noon.

Seriously.

~Cheers,

  • Card Stock: White, Papertrey Ink; Kiwi Kiss, Stampin' Up!
  • Patterned Paper: Daisy D's
  • Stamps: Ghost, Ghost Face, and Sentiment by Simply Chic
  • Ink: Black Archival by Ranger, Walnut Ink Crystals
  • Accessories: Vintage Rick-Rack, Personal Collection; Eyelash Yarns, Lion Brand; Orange Peel Stickles
  • Tools: Die Cut Machine; Spellbinder's Dies; Cuttlebug A2 Embossing Folder; Cuttlebug Dies; Dimensionals; Scrap Fusion PA

27 comments:

Diane.W. said...

Fabulous! luv this,all the detailing is great :o)x

wendyp said...

this is fantastic!!! Love that ghost and pumpkin!

Tina said...

Sooo cute! That pumpkin is the cutest.

Elena said...

Oh, Deb! I just saw that you won a stamp set from Gina K.! Congratulations!!! Very-very happy for you!
The tag is awesome! Love the CB embossing! The smiles from the ghost and pumpkin are the best! Love little spiders and the bats!!!

Anne said...

Wow, Deb! This is gorgeous! And I love how you've photographed it. With all the jewels and spiders and things. It looks awesome! :-)

Erica B. said...

What a great combo of textures. I do have to say that the ghost with his kooky face really makes this card for me.

julie king said...

this is spookily wonderful! you had me stumped for a minute there on the "deets" but i figured it out. smile!

Allison said...

Wicked job...wacky joke! You must spend all day finding ol' jokes!

Kath said...

fabulous tag for the sketch - such fun and love those fibres
Hugs
kath
xxxxxx

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh Deb what a great fun card, I really love it.
XXX

Deb said...

LOL, you are so funny!! This is adorably sppooky, love the fibers, ghost and bats!!

LiveLaughScrap said...

This tag is so fun. I especially love the fibers. I also love your spooky card. it is adorable.
Lori
http://livelaughscrap-leedle.blogspot.com/

Mel M. M. M. said...

You are the queen of gorgeous tags! I just love the layout (that would be tricky; good thing you have magic circles, heehee!) That ghost face is wicked awesome! the fiber the thee bats...it all ROCKs.

P.S. Did you really watch that ant? Where do you get all this funny stuff? You are the best! I am so gullible I often wonder if these things really happen to you. DO they? :O)
Inquiring hugs want to know.

Mel M. M. M. said...

P.S. Does that mean drinking before noon is a BAD thing? heheehe

Scrappin Cheryl said...

You are truly hysterical and talented - a great combination! Thanks so much for the inspiration and the entertainment!

Diane said...

That's a nice tag,and your sense of humour is the greatest!
Keeps me coming back,lol!

malieta said...

You are one funny chick...seriously! LOL
I love your tag Deb, the pumkin,ghost and embellisments are adorable!

savy said...

Deb, you make THE BEST Halloween cards!!! I love them!

Sarah said...

I love this tag!!!! The fibres are so tactile and that little spook is great!

Paula's ponderings said...

I really should stop reading your blog at work, I have just dissolved into very loud witchy like laughter..but hey its the season right?? My fellow workers are looking at me like I am insane, or hysterical, or both! Great tag...Im glad halloween is getting big over here now, that's one night I can go out without having to wear a disguise!

Carolyn Bounds said...

Super spooky tag!!! That ghost is awesome! I am also diggin' the spider, bats, and fibers. Fabulously fun!!!

Hugs!
Carolyn

Lynsey said...

Wow what a great tag! Its perfect for a hallowen gift!
Hugs Lynsey :)

Shirley said...

I love the whole tag. That Ghost is so silly and the winking pumpkin is just like you! Love those bats and spiders too!

Tonniece said...

You knock me out. LOL too funny.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this it. Don;t know how you do it Deb. This is a super duper Tag.

Deborah said...

Rather creepy and spooky, I love your tag! Great work! Good one on the ant's daily journey! He he! As they say it is happy hour somewhere in the world! Deb

Sam Morris said...

Lol @ the ant story...hilarious! LOVE the tag too, utterly ingenious..everything so perfectly matched and great attention to detail! Thanks SO much for taking part in this challenge :)

Anne said...

ROFL!!!!! I LOVE the ant tale!!!! I just spluttered tea all over my screen reading that!! Deb, your tag is, as always, FABULOUS!!!! You really DO love Halloween, don't you!! I'm inspired! And I want to say again a HUGE Thank You to you for all your help in the week with my PC - If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be typing this now - you're better than brilliant!!! {{{{{HUGS}}}}} And Thanks again for playing along with one of our themes!! xx