Monday, October 6, 2008

In Gratitude ...

Pin It



Why doesn't someone create a stamp that reads, "In Debt?" I'd buy it*!

Say, today is "National Come and Take It Day" ... and you might as well 'cuz I'm not usin' it; I only hoard it ... that's my job.

ONward Hoarding-Card-Makers:

Today's card project was created for my T-Day card stash using SU's "Upsy Daisy" stamp set ... a set I dearly love.

I gold embossed the image twice, then cut out sections from one image to adhere over the original image using dimensionals. This is a variation of the "Spotlighting" technique.

For the deets on the original spotlighting technique, the uber-talented Beate Johns has created a tutorial just for you on
Splitcoast. Clicky HERE to view Beate's tutorial.

See? Easy-peasy!

So, yesterday Sheila talked me into going to hear a local dietitian speak on "Eating, Dieting, and Permanent Weight Loss."

"The material we put into our stomachs is enough to have killed most of us sitting here, years ago. Red meat is awful. Soft drinks erode your stomach lining. Chinese food is loaded with MSG. Vegetables can be disastrous, and none of us realizes the long-term harm caused by the germs in our drinking water."

"But there is one thing that is the most dangerous of all and we all have eaten it or will eat it. Can anyone here tell me what food it is that causes the most grief and suffering for years after eating it?"

While I watched in amazement, Sheila jumped up, waved her arms, and shouted out, "Wedding cake!"

Seriously.

And hey, today is the last day to get your entry in for the
Y.ou K.now Y.ou R.ock challenge, "Background Music." Julie and I can't wait to see what you've created!

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: Bazzill Basics; WorldWin
  • Stamps: Sentiment by Papertrey Ink; Images by Stampin' Up!
  • Ink: Versamark
  • Accessories: Detail Gold Embossing Powder; Metallic Embroidery Thread by DMC
  • Tools: Die Cut Machine; Spellbinder's Dies; Heat Gun; Dimensionals

*Which is why I'm in debt in the first place ... see how it all just falls nicely into place?!?

24 comments:

Diane.W. said...

Hey Deb! This card is very very pretty & luv the spotlight technique :o)x

Tina said...

Super special, I really love this set!

Tina said...

Super special, I really love this set!

Bonnie said...

This set is so beautiful and you have just confirmed that! Gorgeous!

Lisa said...

What a beautiful card Deb...I am always so grateful when I get a visit from you and our felow bloggers that I have paid tribute to you today, pop over to my blog and find out why!!

Paula's ponderings said...

OH NO another stamp to add to my wish list!! Gorgeous card Deb, and yep, joke was to your usual standard!! funny!

jackiestamps4fun said...

This is fantastically gorgeous! Now I need some gold embossing powder, too! Thanks for your nice comments on my blog, too!

Lisa said...

Hi Deb,

thanks for signing my guestbook and if thats an invite to a party then yes please...would love to go to Florida again!!! I have a very big Birthday next year so u just never know.

Thanks again for visiting it always makes my day.

Hugs

Lisa

Joanne (Stamps4sanity) said...

This is such a cool layout! I love those little squares on the top! Nice card...

Diane said...

Love it!!! Those pop ups are really neat lookin'! Love the gold embossing,looks so rich!

malieta said...

Oh...Deb....I LOVE your card and Upsy Daisy is one of my favorite stamp sets! I have two partial cards downstairs right now. I had to give up on them for a day or two because the style is different from my norm.
Once again....great job and I love your story. Now that I think of it, everything I eat is bad for me. Are there any foods worth eating left on this list of what foods to avoid?!

Theresa said...

Hehehe, love your story and your card is GORGEOUS!

Carolyn Bounds said...

I have no words to express how much I love this card. Elegant...exquisite...stunning...absolutely, unequivocally GORGEOUS!!!! I JUST LOVE IT!!!!

Hugs!
Carolyn

Deb said...

Absolutely gorgeous Deb and the colors are stunning!! You sure take a pretty picture!! It must have been me came right up the 2nd time!!

kalissa said...

Beautifully composed! I love it :-)

Allison said...

Terrific Deb...love the gold embossing!

Elena said...

Gorgeous card! Love this stamp! Love the spotlighting technique and golden embossing! Deb, you always give an inspiration and I am learning from you a lot of new ideas! You jokes are the best!!!

Deborah said...

Lovely embossing Deb! Your staged pearls are so fun! Take care! Deb

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

This is SO snazzy! You've taken the spotlight technique to a new level here! Those tiny squares! SOoooooh CUTE! How do you do it???? It makes me think you have a stack of a million magazines to inspire your creativity (or a million more brain cells than yours truly, heehee) :O)

You Know You ROCK DEBlectable!!!! (and I suck cause I had no time to do the background technique--in a whole month? That's major suckage, or a sign that i need a new background stamp, LOL. Well I have til midnight (no?) Maybe I can go procrastinate and do it instead of work stuff.) Bet you're thinking: "Does she ever stop talking?" Nope! heehee

By the way, LOVE the wedding cake joke (oops I mean story!) made me ROFL. :O)

Tonniece said...

Gorgeous card Deb, very elegant.

Thanks for the chuckle, and beautiful eye candy.

Happy Tuesday

Joan B said...

Gorgeous card. Those popped up elements are amazing.

Shirley said...

If I ever get caught up I am going to go for the challenge. Okay, so you are just a whizz at card design too, and also embossing! I love what you did with your embossed CS. The card is just wonderful, Deb!! I have to get some new gold EP. Did you know it tarnishes if not used!

Curt in Carmel said...

This is truly a stunning card. I love to use gold embossing, and it works so well with the image you used. I also loved your take on spotlighting. Well done! Best, Curt

loyaz said...

Great card - my set is supposed to arrive Tuesday and I can hardly wait. Thanks for sharing.
DianeL