Thursday, October 2, 2008

They Say It's Your Birthday ...

Pin It



So today is "Name Your Car" day ... I've named my car "You Dirty-Lazy-Insolent-Hunk-of-Rusted-Metal-and-You-Smell-Bad-Too." Whaddya think, too long?!? I could call it, "YDLIHRMYSBT" for short. Yup, that's much better, isn't it?

ONward Hoarding-Card-Makers:

Today's card project was created to go into my birthday card stash. Once I start making holiday cards, I tend to forget about all of my October, November, and December birthdays. This year, I'm ready ... birthday-card-wise at least.

I stamped my images using 'Chocolate' dye ink from Close to My Heart, then die-cut them in the 'Bug. I covered the card stock base with beautiful designer papers from Close to My Heart available HERE.

I added grosgrain ribbon to cover the seam, added my metal thingies, and finis! So easy and quick, it's practically illegal!

Soooo yesterday, Sheila and I went to the mall together.

Sheila spotted an expensive fur coat and said, "This year, I think that I'll buy my birthday present instead of asking the DH to shop for me."

I agreed it was a good idea, then she went on to say, "I think this fur coat would be perfect, too."

"But Sheila, some poor, dumb, helpless creature has to suffer so that you can have this coat," I replied.

"Don't worry," Sheila responded, "he won't get the bill for weeks."

Seriously.

~Hugs,
  • Card Stock: Papertrey Ink
  • Designer Paper: Close to My Heart
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up!
  • Ink: Close to My Heart
  • Accessories: Antique Copper Brads and Photo Turns; Antique Copper Ribbon Slide; Jump Rings; Grosgrain Ribbon; Antique Copper Photo Corners
  • Tools: Die Cut Machine; Spellbinder's Die; Cuttlebug Die; Scrap Fusion PA

20 comments:

Diane.W. said...

Hi Funny Lady!!! Luv your card & the metal embellies :o)x

Tina said...

Another beauty!

Joan said...

This is very nice Deb, I like all the hardware. Joan

Carolyn Bounds said...

Great colors, and I love the way you use your "metal thingies"...they always intimidate the heck out of me. Another fantastic card, my friend:o)

Hugs!
Carolyn

Allison said...

Lookie you and all that hardware...awesome!

wendyp said...

gorgeous!!!

Tonniece said...

LOL. Good evening Deb.

Since you are all caught up on those Fan-Tas-Tic birthday cards, hows about throwing a truck load my way. I promise I won't keep them all to myself, no really, I'll give out a few.

Great card woman, As always.

Happy almost Friday

Shirley said...

How cute as always! I really love the photo holders and the way youu did the greetings. Verrrrry interesting how you did that!

Joanne (Stamps4sanity) said...

I love this card!!! I like how you used the hardware. Very cool!

Deborah said...

Oh my goodness, you could open a hardware store! Great card! Funny comments by your friend! Why do they sell fur in FLorida? Deb

Elena said...

Very pretty card! Love your clever idea with covering the seam with a ribbon! The corners are so cool! Love two litlle tags and how you attached them!

Diane said...

Hardware,what hardware,I must go back,I jumped right to the story,lol!!! Too funny!!!!
Your card is wonderful Deb!!! And so is the hardware!
Tell Sheila to send me that fur coat,she won't need it there!!!

Ann said...

Love these colors and all the hardware! :D

SmilynStef said...

Love the double-tag sentiment.

nappy2CU said...

What a card (you and your creation!)I want to be you when I grow up!

Mel M. M. M. said...

Stunning! I'm with nappy2cu; I want to be you when I grow up too! I love the colours and how you used the hardware (Brillant of course but we have come to expect nothing less from THE Debalicious! You are too smart!)The way the sentiment is! I LOVE it madly! Cute cute cute! (and I love the way you named your car sounds like ours, LOL) ;O) hugaroos to you!

Curt in Carmel said...

Love the colors on this one! I just used this stamp set yesterday and will be posting the card tomorrow! Take care! Best, Curt

Lisa said...

Hey Deb, this is just fabby, love the subtle tones a really fresh take on a birthday.
Hugs
Lisa
XX

malieta said...

Very cute card Deb! I LOVE the embellishments...very lovely!

Anne said...

ROFL!! You make me howl!!! FAB card - but then that's what you do, FAB!! Great masculine card too - might have to nick this idea come February!!! ;o) I love your colours!

Hmmm.... I've never really really thought about naming my car but I just decided to gaze at it and see what name springs to mine, and Eugene popped into my head!!! I've never even considered it's gender before either - Hey, I've got a bloke car!!! :o)