Friday, October 17, 2008

Yay! It's "Gaudy Day" ... Do I Win?!?

Pin It



Wooohooo, it's "Gaudy Day!!!" This ^ card is my official entry ... prolly could be gaudier, but it's a damn fine start, wouldn't you say?

ONward H-C-M~s:

Today's card project was created for Allison's "Suggestive Sunday" blog challenge. This week, Allison's challenge required the creative use of punches ... or something like that. I read punches and kinda zoned out from that point forward.

My pine cones (yup, that's what they're supposed to be), were created with a pear punch ... and fern and pine bough punches. 'Course I haven't used the fern and pine bough punches in a particularly creative manner ... I just clipped into the fern fronds to try to create the appearance of needles. The only truly "creative" punch-use was creating the cones using the pear punch. But you can't have pine cones without branches and whatnot, sooooo ... there they are.

I stamped my snowflakes on my card base using glue then poured sprinkled Crystal Snow over ... umm, everything. ALL of the snowflakes are glittery but the ones on the left-hand side of the card look bare. IRL, they're sooooooo stinkin' glittery, I almost can't stand it. Just a light thing, KWIM? But those pine cones? They're buried in Crystal Snow! But first, I sprayed them with Artists Spray Mount Adhesive.

TIP: Man, don't ever spray Artists Spray Mount Adhesive anywhere indoors! You know those non-stick craft sheets? Yeah, it's not non-stick when it comes to Spray Mount Adhesive ... honestly boy and girls, it took me longer to clean up the spray adhesive mess than to make the pine cones, make the card, photograph the card, or edit my photos ... and it's still stuck to my hands. {Sigh} Good times!

The sentiment, maker unknown, was stamped in Versamark, heat embossed with "Moonlit Forest Glitz" powder, and mounted on dimensionals. And that's all folks!

So, yesterday Sheila came over all agitated and asked me to go to Publix-Where-Shopping-Is-A-Pleasure with her.

"What's wrong, Kiddo?" I asked.

She thrust a box of animal crackers at me and said, "See this? I bought this box of animal crackers and look! It says right on it, "Do not eat if seal is broken."

She reached into the box and sure enough ...

Seriously.

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: Bazzill Basics
  • Designer Paper: None (AGAIN! Why do I hoard this stuff? Why?!?)
  • Stamps: Snowflakes from "Snowflake Serenade" by Papertrey Ink; Sentiment, Unknown
  • Ink: Versamark; "Creamy Brown" Fluid Chalk Ink by Clearsnap
  • Accessories: "Crystal Snow" by Stampendous!; "Moonlit Forest Glitz" EP by Comotion
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Spellbinder's Die; Pear Craft Punch by Punch Bunch; Pine Bough Craft Punch by McGill; Large Fern Craft Punch by Punch Bunch; Golden Heavy Gel Medium; "Palette" Glue Stamp Pad by Stewart Superior; Black Dimensionals; The Ultimate Craft Glue by Api; Artists Spray Mount Adhesive by 3M

29 comments:

Diane.W. said...

Hi Deb!Thoses pine cones are amazing!!!!They look so realistic too (I collect real ones & have them from diff countries!!!)
Just 1 thing,how you going to get it in the envelope,lol?!!!! ;0)x

Elena said...

Wow! Deb! This card is gorgeous! Love the pine cones so much... They are so realistic! Love cute little snowflakes too!

Tina said...

Fantastic use of punches, great card girlie!

Tina said...

Fantastic use of punches, great card girlie!

wendyp said...

OMG!!! Deb, those pinecones are amazing!!! You are the queen of punch art!

nappy2CU said...

Okay, I admit it: I actually guffawed ALOUD at today's joke! Thanks for the smile!

Allison said...

Ah-mah-zing! I love your pine cones and all that glitter! I totally identify with the spray adhesive (been there, done that!). Have a good Friday chickadee!

Tonniece said...

Oh MY GAWD!!!!!! This is 'A-MAZE-ZING'
WOW, WOW, WOW, I love this (not that you couldn't tell)


Happy Friday Deb

MelissaS said...

Fabulous, creative use of punches. Who would have thought that pears could transform into pinecones? Great card :)

Janine said...

This is quite the card Deb!!! Love those cones!! And you my dear are a hoot!!

Paula's ponderings said...

Brillaint as usual Deb pine cones look great...love pine cones. As for the joke.....................

Annapurna said...

From now on, I have decided to give you the title QUEEN OF PUNCH ART. It is a very honorary title, don't you dare reject it.

Very nice! Love the snowflakes too and all that glitter reminds me of the ornament aile (what the heck is the spelling) at Michaels.

candy said...

ha ha! you and your jokes are so cool! I like what you did with the flowers and thanks for the spray adhesive tip!

:)
candy

Theresa said...

Deb, this is fabulous. I second what Anna said. You are the Queen of Punch Art!

malieta said...

Deb I told you that you are a genius using those punches to make beautiful creations! Your pine cones are so realistic looking and very beautiful!!!! I'm truly blown away by the way you manipulate paper! Rock On girlie:)

Michelle said...

I am TOTALLY impressed that you made those with a punch! And NO...they are not gaudy! Fabulous job, my friend!

Diane said...

Absolutely gawgeous!!!!

Deborah said...

Way cool Deb! You win! Guess you'll need to put this one in a box, I don't think an envie will work! He he! Love your createability! (new word)! LOL! Deb

Sandy said...

Deliciously gaudy!! lol!!! You may well need a couple extra stamps for this baby! I love making my cards for the troops coz they can be OVERembellished with delicious lumpies---and the PO gets to eat that danged "surcharge"!!! lol.

Tonniece said...

Had to pop over and admire this beauty again.

GOD, I LOVE IT

Happy Saturday

Joanne (Stamps4sanity) said...

It's fantastic! It was worth all your trouble! I love it.

Shirley said...

All reat minds!!! That's exactly what I thought they were when I saw them. Of course I have been on the telephone all day asking people to be sure and vote. LOLOLOL It's a beautiful card and I love it!

Curt in Carmel said...

Honestly, laughed from the start to the finish. I swear girly girl you are the only person who can make me laugh right out loud while reading your blog! I LOVE coming here! And by the way, thanks for the "boy and girls". I feel recognized! LOL Best, Curt

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

I quote: "I haven't used the fern and pine bough punches in a particularly creative manner" I must disagree! You are way too brilliantly creative. The way you cut the needles the crazy fact that the pine cones were pear punch shapes. Creative-overload!

I hearby pass the "paper Christmas village and paper people with the holiday musical featuring more l'il paper people" torch to the Queen of Paper Debalicious!!! :O)

Don't forget you hafta make a paper stage, K? "With paper curtains that really open and close. Oh. And a paper audience to ... they'll be clapping a lot with their l'il paper hands, so you'll have to rig up some kind of string-thing to make all of their l'il paper hands clap. And then, when the musical is over, you'll have to have the l'il paper people give the l'il paper actors a standing ovation. Prolly with more string" (oh man! Your funniness never gets old!!!)

P.s. broken seal, heeheehee

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

P.S. Spray adhesive is pure evil and I have it on good authority that it is trying to take over the world (one sticky-ed up crafter at a time!) ;O) Hugzzzzz

Margaret said...

Deb, the pinecones are SO great!!!

You know what's worser than getting a box of Animal crackers at Publix with a broken seal? Buying the one on the shelf that's out of date and stale!!! I was too annoyed. True story! :)

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh Deb this is totally awesome and it totally ROCKS!!!!!

Carolyn King said...

oh wow---first your title cracks me up---until I saw your card--

your a are punch drunk---those punchy pinecones are positively perfect!

love them--cannot believe they are punches!

E.T said...

this is a gorgeous card Deb, looks absolutely lovely! It was very very creative thinking to use pear punch!