Monday, October 13, 2008

And Now, Something Different for Your Viewing {DiS}Pleasure:

Pin It



Hey, there you are! And best wishes for a glorious "National Peanut Day!" Now, I could say, "is that a peanut, or are you just glad to see me," but I've decided to take the high road today. Just don't get used to it ...

ONward H-C-M's:

So today, just to shake things up, I thought I'd share something different with you. Before I started bloggin', I used to create these vintage-inspired paper bag albums on a pretty regular basis. Once made, I'd fill 'em with vintage ephemera and list them on eBay. And, apparently, I still do as this album is listed on eBay, too! If you'd like to see it on eBay, click HERE. Or, you can stay right here and see most of it!

As always, you can clicky on the photos to see a larger image.



This spread ^ is pages two and three of the album;

This spread ^ is pages four and five;



This spread ^ is pages six and seven;


This spread ^ is pages eight and nine;



And this spread ^ is pages ten and eleven!

Soooooooo, this past Saturday Sheila asked me to help her take her litter of golden-retriever puppies to the veterinary clinic for inoculations and worming.

As the look-alike pups squirmed over and under one another in their box, I wondered how the vet would be able to tell the treated pups from the rest. As soon as the Doctor turned on the water faucet and wet his fingers, I knew that he intended to moisten each pup's head when he had finished.

After the last pup was treated, Sheila leaned towards me and whispered, "Gosh, I never realized they had to be baptized!"

Seriously.

Hey, anyone want an adorable golden-retriever puppy? They've got all their shots, are wormed, and baptised!

~Hugs,


PS: Only a few hours ... alright, I lied, more than a few hours ... left to vote for your favorite card on Y.ou K.now Y.ou R.ock's "Background Muzak" challenge. G'on over and show some love to some of our fellow stampers ... you'll be glad you *did!

*I think.

23 comments:

Diane.W. said...

Wow your book is gorgeous,Deb!!! Luv it all,would luv to sit looking at all the contents!!! :o)x

Tina said...

Incedibly gorgeous!

Theresa said...

This is fabulous, Deb. You are soooo talented! Wish I could have a pup. They are so much fun.

Flossie's Follies said...

These are beautiful, love all the detail you put into them, thanks for sharing.

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

NO WAY! Just when I think that you can't get any more brilliant. You DO! How do you do that??? I decided that I'm-a-gonna comment once for each page cause that's how lovely they are. Hope that doesn't annoy you! ;o) P.s. I love it when you take the low road. You are WAAAAAAY funny!!! :O)

The cover. I love love LOVE the oval frame. How dreamy and the buttons and lace! Divine. This is SO special! :O) OXO

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

Page 1 & 2:

I adore the colours! The wire heart those numbered vocab cards (oouuu!) The way you made the pockets! The buttoned envelope. Me LOVEy!!! :O)

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

Ohhhh The "special" pocket & return ticket. Baltic ave. title deed! The big n little tags. The sparrow & violets. Angelic! :O)

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

Ahhhhh The snow drops & more violets..and the birdy against the blue sky. That AWEsome photo. (Delicious DP too!) You are SOOOO great! :O) (annoyed with me yet? heeehee.)

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

Another beautiful birdy? You have a whole flock! And the date in tiles. SWOON! Lovin' the little women card & the sweet pockets of vocab cards. Prettiness! :O)

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

OUUUUUlala! How gorgeous that you finished brightly. That aster is just calling me to pull it out of the pocket. The 1 mile card ROCKs and the way you stitched in the photo behind it! How did you get a matching stamp even!?! OKay me done buggin' you now! ;o) (but really it's all your fault 'cause this is just divinely gorgeous pretty-like) Huggggzzzz. :O)

Annapurna said...

I really like it, but am not as patient as Mel :-)
So here goes.
Each and every page beats itself to death in beauty and vintage ephemera. The purples you added are gorgeous. The grapes that you can't see here, but on ebay are so 3D. For that, I might buy the whole thing ;-)

Great job you brilliant thang!

malieta said...

Deb your star is shining brightly right now! Your vintage inspired album is BEAUTIFUL! Every page is packed with awesomeness and all the embellishments are down right cute! The colors are wonderful as well...super great job Deb!!

Simon said...

Deb,
STUNNING! Amazing! I am inspired! Thank you so much!
AND ThANK YOU for writing about us on "Stampin when I can" blog!
you are a doll!

Deb said...

Wow these are stunning Deb!! Really fabulous!!

Elena said...

That is the most gorgeous project I've ever seen! Just fabulous! I love it!!! So many beautiful details and very charming embellishments! Love the vintage style!

Tonniece said...

Now that is so amazing. I can't get over all the elements on a page and it not looking overdone.
You did each page to perfection Deb .
Very lovely

TFS

Joanne (Stamps4sanity) said...

SOOOOOO cool! I love all things Vintage and this is fantastic!

Curt in Carmel said...

Boy this is different! A woman of many talents! So unique and lots of work! Great stuff! Best, Curt

listeasy said...

For businesses that operate not only web stores, but brick and mortar retail outlets, it's important to be sure that stock can be controlled centrally, and that orders taken through stores can be managed by the same system as used in the website. That means that it's simple to see what needs to be done, what orders must be filled, and to manage schedules, deliveries, and other tasks. Web shop providers are available that can give you control over multiple outlets at once. For smaller businesses, however, this feature would be unnecessary. Learn more with List Easy

Deb Neerman said...

Kewl Mr. Listeasy! Thanks for all the info I can't use ... cuz I don't have a store ... or stock. Heck, I don't even have any bricks .. or mortar.

But it's the thought that counts, so thanks for thinkin' of me ... I think.

Happy blog-o-tising!

Allison said...

Awesome Deb...so unique and "found-art-like". You are so multi-faceted!

Shirley said...

I thought you were going to tell me Jimmy Carter was coming for dinner since it was National Peanut Day. ha! Deb, I think your Enphemera book is just wonderful. What do people do with them? I see a lot of that online.

Deborah said...

This is lots of work or shall we say a labor of love? Fabulous Deb! Deb