Friday, October 3, 2008

Thankful ... That It's Friday

Pin It



Hey, there you are! So guess what ... today is Virus Appreciation Day. And while I don't love viruses, I do appreciate the extra work they bring in for the DH. Who, by the way, can fix your computer anywhere in the whole-wide-world remotely. That's just soooo kewl, isn't it?

ONward H-C-M's:

Today's card project was created for Allison's "Suggestive Sunday" blog challenge. This week, Allison's theme is "Harvest."

I stamped my fall harvest wreath positioned in my Stamp-o-Graph, then colored the image using Koh-I-Noor woodless pencils, blending with a paper stump and Gamsol.

Once I was happy with my coloring ... like that ever happens ... I over stamped the image using "Timber Brown" solvent ink.

I cut the fall harvest wreath out with a craft knife, then mounted it on my card stock base using dimensionals.

Finally, I stamped my sentiment using a Simply Chic alphabet stamp set and solvent ink, then cut out and adhered each letter individually.

I know this wreath looks like a time-consuming job, but it ... was.

Hey, so yesterday, I went for my yearly physical exam.

After the usual eyes, ears, nose, throat, blood pressure stuff, Dr. Prettelt had me do some coordination tests. He even wanted to watch me walk to check my balance.

Then Dr. P. asked, "Deb, can you jump on one foot for me?"

So I walked over and jumped on his foot.

Was that so wrong? Right. I didn't think so either!

~Hugs,


  • Card Stock: Papertrey Ink
  • Stamps: Fall Harvest Wreath, PSX; Alphabet, Simply Chic, Provo Craft
  • Ink: "Timber Brown Staz-On
  • Color Medium: Koh-I-Noor Woodless Pencils
  • Accessories: Dimensionals; Scrap Fusion PA
  • Tools: Scissors; Craft Knife; Stamp-O-Graph; Gamsol; Creative Mark Paper Stump

23 comments:

Diane.W. said...

Good morning Deb!!!
Your card is gorgeous,that wreath must have taken you ages to cut out!!! :o)x

Tina said...

Incredible. All that work was definitely worth it!

Annapurna said...

OH MY WORD!!!
Gosh girlie. No wonder you don't feel good today. All that cutting will do it to ya. It looks wonderful. Love the chocolate. Wish it was chocolate.

Have a great weekend.

Aimee said...

What? your doctor didn't give you extra points on the physical? next time drag a nurse in, he/she will love it! I love your Fall harvest card. great colors! Have a great day!

Curt in Carmel said...

I saw the punch line coming and still laughed right out loud! You are a hoot! Love this card! Best, Curt

Joanne (Stamps4sanity) said...

It's really pretty Deb! The colors of the wreath job pop out at you (which is a good thing). Nice take on the challenge!

The Rubber Maid said...

Hello nutcase, what a fun time for the doctor. You are too much ! Yes your card does look like a lot of work but let's face it ..it worked out to be very pretty. Have a great weekend. Pat

Lisa said...

Oh Deb, what can I say I am in awe and sigh an awful lot in admiration of yours and our fellow bloggers creations, there is soooo much talent here!!

malieta said...

LOL....very funny!
Your card is so pretty Deb, I love the Fall colors and the wreath is super cute!

Tonniece said...

Good friday evening to you Deb

Love your FALL harvest beauty.
Sounds like a LOT of wk. but if anyone could do it, and do it just right it's you.

Have a great weekend

Bonnie said...

Oh my gawd....you are funny! I go for my physical on Monday. I think I will wait until AFTER the pap to jump on one foot....hope I don't have to do that nekked!! Your card looks like you spent forever cutting and pasting!! It is fabulous and it IS great colouring!

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

I'm so "thankful" that you never stop with the beautifulness. This is SO inspiring. I really really really LOVE the white around the twigs. All that cutting was worth it. It's sticktacular! Fab way to do the sentiment too! :O) Hugaroooooooz

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

P.S. Your colouring ROCKS lady. And so do your jokes heeheeheeeee...

Diane said...

I love ya Deb,you put a smile on my face everytime i read your blog,you should post more than once a day,LOL!!!
Your harvest card is stunning,love it!!!

Deb said...

Even more than your gorgeous creations, which this certainly is I can't wait to read your daily humor!! You make me smile, which isn't easy these days, so thanks!!

Deborah said...

Your not fall harvest wreath is lovely! Lots of work here Deb! I bet ol' Doc P. can't wait until next year for your annual visit! He he! Have a great weekend! Deb

Allison said...

Beautiful Deb! You are such a workhorse when it comes to these little ol' creations...I should send you the WJs and then you will simply stamp an image on a piece of paper and then be done for the day...ha ha!

Anne said...

ROFL!!!! I saw that one coming but it still made me howl!!! OMGosh, how much patience do you have!!! This is (ok, I'm going to say it!) Awesome!!! Your colouring is fabulous but I'm in awe of the fact you sat down and cut this out so perfectly!!! Fantastic Deb!! xx

Lets hear it for the viruses eh? NOT!!!!

jackiestamps4fun said...

This is so beautiful! What an amazing job! Oh, and I totally laughed at what you did to poor Doc! Too funny!

Ann said...

Love this wreath! Very cool! :D

wendyp said...

oh my! that wreath is gorgeous! It must have taken you forever, but it is totally worth it!

Elena said...

Wow! That is a lot of work! But the result looks fantastic! Love the chocolate background paper! And coloring is just simply stunning!

Tracy @ Stop, Shop and Scrap said...

Debbbbbb who are you calling old??? LOL I mean you are right, but still LOL I have been good. Crazy busy but good. The kids and the store and life and everything keeps me on my toes at all times. I need to figure out how to clone myself, although that could be a dangerous thing LOL. I figured you forgot all about me and honestly time has just gone too fast. Gonna check out your blog now :) Call me anytime!!!! Hugggsss, Tracy