Tuesday, October 7, 2008

3 Spooky Pumpkins Sittin' on Tree Wrap:

Pin It



I kid you not! Which raises an interesting question: "where the dickens did I get a huge roll of Tree Wrap?!?

The label reads, "Protect Your Trees from Bark Damage Due to Animals, Insects, and Winter Frost." Oh yeah, I need to worry about protecting my trees from winter frost in South Florida! So, I'm fairly certain that I didn't buy this stuff; but where did it come from? And when? I tells ya, hoein' out the old studio has turned up some veddy interestin' stuff!

And lest we forgot, today is "National Frappe Day!" Which is NOT French rap, okay? According to my dictionary, a "frappe" is a frozen, fruit-flavored mixture that is similar to sherbet and served as a dessert or appetizer. In that case, I'll take one of those ... to go, 'cuz:

ONward H-C-M's!

I stamped the spooky l'il pumpkins on kraft card stock which was previously stamped with a SU canvas backgrounder, then added some shadows using a Copic marker (W3). I wrapped a length of the aforementioned Tree Bark Wrap around the card and added a natural jute fiber thingie ... I was goin' for the look of a sheath of wheat. Pretty sad, huh? But jess look at the great texture of that Tree Wrap, huh?!?

I die cut the cute l'il spiders using a 'Bug die, then mounted them on dimensionals.

TIP: To raise the spiders up enough to create the look of real spiders, use double-mounted dimensionals, then gently fold the l'il legs. Eek! Real spiders make me scream like a l'il girl, but for some reason, the paper ones don't seem to bother me nearly as much ...

I mail out a lot of Halloween cards, so this one's goin' in my card stash. And, as a bonus, this card is now fully protected from animals, insects, and frost!

So this weekend, the DH and I had a few of our friends over for hors d'oeuvres and cocktails. Our friend, John, was sitting with Daniel, admiring the sunset.

I overheard Daniel ask John, "Have you read Marx ?"

To which John answered, "Yes, I think it's the wicker chairs."

Seriously.

~Hugs,


  • Card Stock: Bazzill Basics
  • Other Paper: Tree Wrap by Gardner's Delight: Proudly Protecting Your Trees For 3 Generations!
  • Ink: Archival Black
  • Stamps: Simply Chic, Stampin' Up! Canvas Background Stamp
  • Accessories: Natural Jute Twine; Yellow Stickles
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Cuttlebug Die; Copic Marker (W3); Black Dimensionals; Scrap Fusion PA

PS: The Y.ou K.now Y.ou R.ock "Background Muzak" voting poll is open! Head on over and vote for your favorite entry!

PPSS: Hey, guess what?!? My BFF has claimed responsibility for the Tree Wrap! Seems she sent it to me about a year or so ago in a packie o'treasures. Phew, that settles that mystery!

Now, let's move on to the origins of the box of porcelain doll parts marked, "Made in Germany." Anyone?

17 comments:

Diane.W. said...

Hi Deb!!!! This is great,the lil spiders are cute (even if I have a big big phobia of them,brrrrr!!!shudder!!!!)
I just had to handle a metal charm spider on my card & it was difficult,I can tell ya,lol!!! :o)x

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

Ouuu! DEBalicious!!! Tree wrap??? That's crazy! It looks AWEsome! I had to click to see the texture up huge 'cause it looks like straw only extra pretty. LOVE the glowing eyes and your trick for the spiders! :O) spOOOOOOOUUUUky HUGz,

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

P.S. I think I need to use your hemp tying skills as inspiration to make a witch's broom. I'm on to Christmas stampin' though. :O)

Carolyn Bounds said...

These little guys (or gals?) make me laugh! Something about them just tickles my funnybone:O} I think it is their adorable expressions and their glowing eyes. The tree wrap is cool too! I suppose hoein' out the studio has its perks. You are such a riot! Thank you for the laughter and smiles:o)

Hugs!
Carolyn

Lisa said...

This is sooo coool I love it!! am having a blog candy give away, check out my bog for details.

patty w said...

Great card!

Tina said...

Fun card Deb, your pumpkins are awesome!

Tonniece said...

This is too darn cute to be spooky, and Wow, love the tree bark, just awesome.

Annapurna said...

Send some our way. Do you think it will help the kids too? May be I can save some money on buying jackets every year for those growing brats.

Great job with the pumpkins and the spiders. Very nice!

Deb said...

Very cute Deb!!

Elena said...

Very fun and very spooky card! Serously, love it! Little spiders are cute, lilke how you attached them! Pumpkins are adorable! Love their smiles! Very cool idea with a tree wrap!

Angie Tieman said...

What an awesome card!! That texture is sooo cool! Now excuse me, because I have to run out and get a frappe!

malieta said...

Too cute too cute too cute.....my way of saying that I LOVE your card Deb! The different textures are awesome and so are you spiders!

Shirley said...

The faces on those pumpkins are a hoot! A really cute card and I love the straw amd glitter on the eyeballs and noses.

Deborah said...

You are so green Deb! Way cool card! Deb

Julia Aston said...

Love the pumpkins on this and fun tree wrap! so glad you found out where it came from - I'm sure you were losing sleep over that issue!!!

Curt in Carmel said...

I love everything about this card. The texture, the whimsy, etc. I love to use uncoventional things on cards. Like the time I made a card out of a cut up tissue box! LOL Best, Curt