Monday, February 2, 2009

Here She Is: Miss February!

Pin It


Awww, isn't she cute?!?

As threatened promised, here's your February desktop calendar. It's my l'il Valentine to you 'cuz you're pretty and nice and everything.

Because of the size of this wallpaper, and the limitations built into the "Minima" style blog, the view is distorted. You really need to click on the image to see if you want to take it home with you.

I use the calendar as my desktop background, but you can print it out and hang it on the wall in your studio. Or, tape it to your glove compartment ... (hey, does anyone actually keep gloves in their glove compartment? ... lemme know ... I took a survey and no one in Florida does ... but then, we don't own gloves either).

Or, you can stick it in your gym locker, or tape it to the ceiling over your bed so's every morning you'll know exactly what day it is ... preventing you from getting up early on a Saturday by mistake. Or stick it on your fridge, or ... well, basically you can stick it anywhere. Oh, but not there!

Here's how to snag it: click on the image, and then when the new window opens, right-click on the image and choose "save," or "save picture as." Remember where you saved it, then find the image on your hard drive. When you finally find it again, right click on it and chose, "set as desktop background." Ta-dah!

If you have any problems getting this to fit your screen, I'll try to help you but no guarantees. Remember: I don't know what I'm doing. This fits on my computer screen perfectly as is, but if it gets all wonky on yours, I'll prolly have to email you the file.

And don't be afraid if it looks like it's missing a line or a number, 'cuz once you download it and send it to your desktop it looks perfectly fine. Must be some Photobucket/Blogger image glitch/trick.

Okeedokee then. This weekend Sheila and her DH came over to hang out at our house. In the family room, the TV was on and scientists were discussing the Meteor Crater in northern Arizona.

"Oh, I want to see this!" Sheila said. No; we never ask why ... that always leads to trouble.

Anyway, we all trudge into the family room to watch the show with her.

The narrator was describing the Meteor Crater and how it was formed while we watched aerial footage of the Crater and the surrounding area.

So, now we all know, whether we wanted to or not, that the Meteor Crater was formed when a lump of nickel and iron, roughly 150 feet in diameter and weighing 300,000 tons, struck the earth at about 40,000 mph, scattering white-hot debris for miles in every direction. And that the hole measures nearly a mile across and is 570 feet deep.

"Wowza," Sheila exclaimed,"It just missed the highway!"

I. Kid. You. Not.

~Hugs,

8 comments:

Paula's ponderings said...

God bless Sheila, may she always be happy in her own little world...lol

Great desk top Deb, thanks a million and Happy Valentines Day to you too cuz yer a pretty spesshul lady too.

I HAVE GLOVES in my glove compartment. TWO pairs in fact. Dont wear them though, unless I have inches of ice to scrape off the windscreen!

have a splendid day!

Rachel said...

Thanks so much! I'm enjoying your desktop bg's.

Carolyn Bounds said...

This is beautiful!!! I love the vintage Valentine on this lovely calendar!!! Thank you for thinking of the rest of us and for always sharing your amazing talent!!!

Hugs!
Carolyn

Elena said...

Thank you for sharing beautiful calender, Deb!
And I agree with Sheila!!!:)

Theresa said...

Thank ya, Deb. It is gorgeous!!!

Shirley said...

Your Feb. calendar is just perfect!...and it's good to know Sheila is still okay too!

Chris said...

seriously, does sheila actually exist? cuz i want to have a shot with her and just discuss some things...>"< great calendar, i of course will be removing my tom selleck poster from my ceiling and replacing it with that sexy calendar...things i do for you!!!! but don't ask me to move my bread basket....hahaha

Risa Malieta W. said...

Thanks for sharing your super cute calendar Deb!
hugs
Risa:)