Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Because You're Special ... and Have Some Vintage Bakery Twine to Share

Pin It


Hey, there you are! Allow me to be the first to wish you a happy "White Tee-Shirt Day." Well, it's also "Don't Cry Over Spilt Milk Day" ... go on, pick one and move on.

Today's card project was the result of me finally cleaning up my work table ... hence, there's l'il bits and pieces of every card I made in the last few days consolidated in this one. Almost like left-overs ... without the heartburn ... sorta.

I ran some dark navy blue card stock through the 'Bug in the "Birds and Swirls" embossing folder, and ran a scrap of "Riding Hood Red" card stock through my paper crimper.

I stamped my cute l'il sentiment stamp with "Riding Hood Red" dye ink on SU card stock, trimmed it closely, then mounted it on dimensionals. I added some vintage bakery twine, an SU double-ended swirl clip, some red Crystal Pearls, three cream-colored eyelets and finis! Easy-peasy!

So, those of you who talk to me regularly know that we've been having all kinds of Internet and cable issues for the last week or so. We've tried everything to fix it ... the DH personally examined every square inch of wire in our home. Nada.

We called Service and scheduled an appointment, but when they finally arrived, everything worked just fine. Go figger ...

As soon as they left, of course, everything went back to normal: nothing worked.

This time, I decided to make the call. So, naturally, within seconds I'm on 'hold' ... and heard this message: "We apologize for the inconvenience and realize that you are still holding. Please do not hang up, as this will further delay your call." It's no wonder nothin' works ...

PS: As for the vintage bakery twine ... does anyone have any that they're willing to part with? I'm almost out and NEED more ...

~Hugs,



  • Card Stock: "Riding Hood Red" by Stampin' Up; Navy by Bazzill Basics
  • Stamp: "Because You're Special" by Inkadinkado
  • Ink: "Riding Hood Red" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
  • Accessories: Vintage Bakery Twine; Double Swirl Clips by Stampin' Up; Cream Eyelets, Unknown; Red Crystal Pearls
  • Tools: Paper Crimper by Marvy Uchida; Dimensionals

9 comments:

Tina said...

Great card, love the texture. Awesome use of your scraps.

Theresa said...

Beautiful, Deb. I love what you did with the twine and hardware!

Chris said...

oh, i thought you were giving me twine..no, i got none!! how's that fer gud english...mainer talk rubs off on yah! LOL i like your leftover card, but i still got heartburn..latisha is having comcast trouble down in fl, you got comcast? >"<

Elena said...

I love this card! Embossing looks great! And I like the distressed edges! I don't have this twine...
Oh, Deb... I am sorry you have internet problems... When I lived in VA, we had the same problem, so I can understand what you feel!

Risa Malieta W. said...

Deb you really know how to get the most out of your scraps...your card is awesome!! I love the embossing and the vintage twine really compliments your card! As usual, super great job.
Sorry to hear about your computer problems, it seems that if it ain't one thang its another:)
hugs
Risa:)

Joan said...

Very nice card - it matches your web page! Joan

Tonniece said...

Scraps sure look great at your house woman. Great card.
As for the internet, well let me just say it's a dirty word around my house this week too.

Latisha said...

we had MAJA internet/phone/cable problems for a few days...it was awful, so I feel your pain.

love the card, leftovers are the best >"<

Stampers Dream sells the twine in different colors they call it burlap, you get 10 yards for like $1.50 or something cheap like that.

Shirley said...

The whole card is just so pretty! I love what you did with the sprial clip and the twine. Also the knot too! Know what you mean about internet service. I was sick of the poor service I got from one so I signed up with TW and now I get poor service from them. I say it's a matter of choice.