Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Keep Your Shirt On ...

Pin It


Geez, I remember when that was just about my most favorite thing to say ... 'course I was like 12.

Soooo, check out the l'il tropical-ish 'shirt' I made ... how cute is that?!? I stamped it with teeny palm trees using dye ink and added some itty-bitty buttons. Lemme just say right now how hard it was to tie floss through those itsy-bitsy buttons. Doing that prolly took longer than makin' the whole card! What we won't do for our art ...

The sentiment is from Close to My Heart but has since been retired. Why do they retire all the kewl stamps, Mommy?

I stamped some kinda weird pattern on card stock then punched it with a spiral punch. I tied raffia around the card stock and through the punched holes and added three l'il tropical-ish beads to one strand. Easy-peasy ... 'cept for threadin' those eeny-weenie buttons.

So, I've done some research in an effort to learn a bit more about the "Economic Stimulus Payment" program. This is a very exciting new program that I will explain using the Q and A format. 'Cuz you're pretty and nice:

Q. What is an Economic Stimulus Payment?

A. It is money that the federal government will send to taxpayers.

Q. Where will the government get this money?

A. From taxpayers.

Q. So the government is giving me back my own money?

A. Only a smidgen.

Q. What is the purpose of this payment?

A. The plan is that you will use the money to purchase a high-definition TV set, thus stimulating the economy.

Q. But isn't that stimulating the economy of China?

A. Shut up.

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: Bazzill Basics; Cut Card Stock; Papertrey Ink
  • Designer Paper: Artic Frog
  • Stamps: Some Kinda Weird Pattern and Weenie Palm Trees by Simply Chic; Sentiment by Close to My Heart
  • Ink: "New England Ivy" Dye Ink by Close to My Heart; "Chocolate Chip" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
  • Accessories: Natural Raffia; Seashells and Fish Beads, Unknown; Itsy-Bitsy Buttons by Unknown Button-Maker
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Nestabilities Long Rectangular Dies; Spiral Punch by Stampin' Up;


11 comments:

Tina said...

This card is perfect in every way!

Theresa said...

Thanks for the Q & A, that helps. I am definitely spending mine on a computer instead. LOL.

Love this card. That shirt is too cute!

Carolyn Bounds said...

Your card is fabulously adorable, and that Magnum P.I. shirt is just too freakin' cute:o)

Your Q & A is a riot!!!! Hahaha!!!! And, oh so true!!!

Hugs!
Carolyn

Tonniece said...

LOL Thanks for clearing that up. I really thought I was messed up and confussed, but I now know it's the covernment so thanks for that.

Wonderful card Deb, so worth fussing with those itsy-bitsy,teeny-weeny (I feel a song coming on here) buttons, and that shirt is too cute.

Shirley said...

Your card is just so cute and pretty too. Love the embellishments. I also want to thank you for clearing up the Stimulus Package. It's nice to know someone else understands it like I do. LOLOLOL

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Love this.....great work as Always!

(((Hugs)))

Ann said...

Freakin' adorable, Deb!

Chris said...

love it!! that shirt is too kewl...stimulus package is latin for worthless...i could think of so many other things that would be more vibrating, i mean, stimulating....>"<

glitter girl said...

I remember that saying, too! Adorable shirt card - and I cracked up over your stimulus Q&A. I miss Sheila, too! =)
hugs,
Kerry

Elena said...

Love your card! The shirt is so cute!!! Love the tiny buttons!!! Love all the detailed work on this card, Deb!

Risa Malieta W. said...

Your card is too cool Deb! I love the detailing, the tropical feel of it and that shirt is awesome!
hugs
Risa:)