Wednesday, February 4, 2009

This is Not a Bunny Tree; It's a Tree with Bunnies ...

Pin It


So, today is "Create a Vacuum" Day ... strange, I thought nature abhorred a vacuum. No. Wait. I know: it's me who abhors a vacuum!

Today's card project was created super-fast using a Nestabilities Large Scallop Circle die, scraps of designer paper, and a couple three MS punches. I stamped the Kraft card stock with SU's "Canvas" backgrounder and watermark ink, then free-handed the tree, drew in the ground and added some cheesy-lookin' grass clumps with a drawing pen.

I created a scalloped border with a slit punch and adhered it along the side of the card and finis. Easy-peasy-bunny-squeezy!


Soooo, I'm not quite sure what's goin' on with Sheila ... maybe she's gettin' sick, 'cuz she didn't do or say ONE ridiculous/hysterical/off-color thing all day yesterday. Gosh, I hope she feels better fast; I really miss the free entertainment!

~cHeERS,

  • Card Stock: Papertrey Ink
  • Designer Paper: K&Company; We R Memory Keepers
  • Stamp: "Canvas" Backgrounder by Stampin' Up!
  • Ink: "Chestnut Roan" Fluid Chalk Ink; Watermark Ink by Tsukineko
  • Tools: Drawing Pen by American Crafts; Leaf, Butterfly, and Bunny Punches by Martha Stewart Crafts; Slit Punch by Stampin' Up!; Dimensionals, Unknown; Die-Cut Machine by Provo Craft; Large Scallop Circle Nestabilities by Spellbinder's

11 comments:

Tina said...

Ingenious idea for the tree, lurve it!

Elena said...

Love the tree you created, Deb!!! Very cute card!!!
Hope Sheila will get well soon:)

Theresa said...

Very cool idea to use DP for the tree! Cute, cute card!

Allison said...

Great vacuum joke Deb!

Love your creation...so CASE-able! And you used a BG stamp...I haven't pulled mine out in forevah! Great freestyling!

Chris said...

i came by to see what shelia had been up to...but all i found was the super cute bunny card!! am supose to already be making easter cards??? i missed the memo.

Risa Malieta W. said...

Deb you are the queen of super fast cards! Seriously...you make a quick card look as if you spent hours on it. I love your tree with bunnies, it is adorable!
Hugs
Risa:)

Annapurna said...

Very nice! Cute googly eyes on the bunnies too! Lot of punches put to good use, I should say.

Tonniece said...

Hey!!!!? I wrote a whole LONNNNG comment and it didn't show. Sump'in's goin on here. lol

Last try. (Keep'in it short-n-sweet this time)

Love it Deb

Fingers crossed this time

Curt in Carmel said...

Cute, cute bunnies. I love the "create a vacuum day". I know several politicians that should celebrate this day! They certainly suck! LOL Best, Curt

Shirley said...

I love the card and the butterfly expecially. Also I love your props. I should stop in just to get a few. Ha! Hear it's finally warming up down there. About Sheila!! everyone deserves a day off. LOLOL

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

This is stunning! Ouuu that tree and the round DP you have behind! I wish I could come to a class you taught(and go shopping under your direction!) ;O) I must say, the green books and the foot are freaky (I have the books, the blue bottles & a shoe stretcher collection too... If you had an black iron hand that gotten stolen it'd be just TOO coincidental, lol) Ouuu I wants to make me a TREE! ;O) OXO