Thursday, February 26, 2009

Embellishment Pile-Up ... But No One Was Injured or Kilt

Pin It


Happy Thursday all and one! So today being "National Pistachio Day," I thought I'd create a green card. Yeah, that's a lie.

I actually created this card for Splitcoast's "Ways to Use It" challenge, then forgot to post it. For all of the challenge deets, you can clicky
HERE. For the ginormous view of the card, clicky on the photo.

Since the challenge called for "piling" up embellies, I chose to pile all kinds o'stuff on my ribbon. So, if you're keepin' track of these sorts of things, I've got two layers of ribbon, and nine layers of flower parts.

TIP: Thread your button holes with thin strips of matching patterned paper ... I use a guillotine cutter so I get nice skinny cuts ... they look kewl and they'll always match your project!

If your interested in knowing what I used to make this thang, check out the supply list, below.

Soooooooo, yesterday Sheila asked me to run down to the hardware store with you.

Seems she found a broken vise grip in the trash (me? I don't even know what a vise grip is ... well, I do now ... but I digress). Anyway, her DH's birthday is coming up, so she decided to buy him a new vise grip for his birthday.

So we stroll into the hardware store and Sheila asked a salesclerk, "'Scuse me, do you have any heavy-duty vises?"

"Well, no, ma'am," he replied. "I gave them all up for Lent."

Give it a minute; it'll grow on ya ...

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: "Kiwi Kiss" by Stampin' Up
  • Designer Paper: "Lily Kate" Collection by BasicGrey
  • Other Paper: Vintage (1942) Dictionary Pages
  • Stamp: Tag by Time to Stamp
  • Ink: Staz-On Solvent Ink by Tsukineko
  • Accessories: A Pile of Prima's; Grosgrain Ribbon; Vintage Buttons; Natural Lace Trim; Button Brads by Making Memories
  • Tools: Die Cut Machine by Provo Craft; "Distressed Stripes" A2 Embossing Folder by Provo Craft; Flower Punch by McGill; Flower Dies by Provo Craft; Edge Distresser; "Threading Water" Border Punch by Fiskars; Dimensionals

5 comments:

Tina said...

Lovely colors and the details are just amazing.

Elena said...

The card is so pretty! I love the tag! And the layered flower is so cool!

Elena said...

The card is so pretty! I love the tag! And the layered flower is so cool!

Theresa said...

Gorgeous, Deb! I love the colors and all the texture.

Tina Werner said...

beautiful!!