Monday, February 23, 2009

You're a Hoot ...

Pin It


Hey, there you are! Happy "International Dog Biscuit Appreciation Day!" In honor of the day, I tried a dog biscuit and you know, they're surprisingly delicious ... and nutritious!

Today's card project was created for SCS's "Way to Use It" challenge. This week, you had to use stripes in your card. So I did. For all the challenge deets, clicky
HERE. For the ginormous view of this project, click on the photo.

A few details: the tree branch was fussy-cut from DP, the owl and the sentiment are mounted on dimensionals, and the leaves were glued down at their bases only.

For a change, I took a photograph of the interior of this card:

Inside, the branch and leaves were paper-pieced on Image Plus 110# card stock.

This weekend, Sheila and I teamed up to run errands and stuff. I was kinda surprised when I saw her dog, Trixie, in the car but whatever.

We were barely out of the neighborhood when we were pulled over by a Palm Beach County Sheriff.

When Sheila asked the officer why we had been stopped, the Sheriff pointed to Trixie.

"Ma'am, does your dog have a license?" he asked.

"No way, Officer," Sheila said, "Trixie isn't allowed to drive!"

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: "Tango Tangerine," "Baja Breeze," and "Kiwi Kiss" by Stampin' Up; Image Plus, 110#
  • Designer Paper: "Mocha Chica" Collection by Kim Hughes for Cornish Heritage Farms
  • Stamps: "Pretty Birds" Collection by Kim Hughes for Cornish Heritage Farms
  • Ink: "Chocolate Chip" by Stampin' Up
  • Tools: Decorative Edge Scissors by Fiskars; Key Tag Punch by Stampin' Up; Leaf Punch by Martha Stewart; Stylus by Fiskars; Dimensionals

9 comments:

Carolyn Bounds said...

You and Sheila are hoot too:o) Man, have I missed visiting your awesome blog!!! I wish there were enough hours in a day to do what I need to do AND what I want to do!!!

Your card is wonderful!!! I love the bright and cheerful colors!!! I also love the way you designed the interior of the card...too "kewl"!!!

I hope you have a fabulous week!!!

Hugs!
Carolyn

Tina said...

Oh my gravy, this is so cool! I love everything about it.

Joan said...

Great card, great story....you've got some hoots and honks going on here today - love the little duck on your books.

Theresa said...

Super cute, Deb! Love that little owl.

Maria Matter said...

You're a hoot Deb!
Fabby card inside & out! Love the stripes on the inside owl!
Blessings, Maria

Laura said...

Love the whole card, but I was especially taken with how you did the sentiment on the front- it is freakin' awesome. Love it!

Elena said...

Love this cute owl! And the inside is so pretty too, Deb!

Risa Malieta W. said...

I adore your card Deb! Your image is a cutie and I love the inside of your card too!
hugs
Risa:)

♥ Marlou ♥ said...

this is totally adorable Deb!! I have these stamps and looove them :) ♥