Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Hugs & Kisses ...

Pin It


Soooo, happy "Umbrella Day!" Hey, I don't write 'em, I just repeat 'em. Now, be sure to poke someone with your umbrella today, okeedokee?!?

Today's last-minute Valentine was created
super-fast. Really! I stamped the "Lace Heart" stamp on Stamper's Select card stock with "Riding Hood Red" dye ink, and cut it out trimming closely.

The "Kisses" sentiment was stamped with Versamark, embossed with Tsukineko Detail Embossing Powder, and also cut out.

I created the ampersand and "Hugs" text with the 'Bug "Olivia" die set, punched the lacy trim with MS's "Doily Lace" border punch, and created a scallop border with Kraft card stock and my slit punch. I used the Crop-a-Dile to set nine white eyelets in the scallop border and finis!


Soooooo on Sunday, Sheila and I decided to go thrift-store shopping. In one store, we were browsing through a display of country-style musical instruments.

After looking over the flutes, dulcimers, and recorders, Sheila picked up a shiny, one-stringed instrument she took to be a mouth harp. She put it to her lips and, much to my amazement, twanged a few notes on it.

After watching from a distance, a clerk walked up and said, "I hate to tell you this, Honey, but you're tryin' to play a cheese slicer."

I. Kid. You. Not!

~Hugs,


  • Card Stock: "Riding Hood Red" by Stampin' Up; Kraft and White by Papertrey Ink
  • Stamps: "Lacy Heart" by Stampin' Up; "Kisses" by Inkadinkado
  • Ink: Versamark Watermark Ink; "Riding Hood Red" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
  • Accessories: White Eyelets
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Cuttlebug "Olivia" Alphabet Dies; Martha Stewart "Doily Lace" Border Punch; Slit Punch by Stampin' Up; Crop-a-Dile by We R Memory Keepers; Quicky Glue Pen by Sakura; Cutter Bee Scissors; Dimensionals

7 comments:

Tina said...

What a labor of love, so detailed and gorgeous!

Risa Malieta W. said...

I so adore your card Deb! The heart is beautiful and I love the lace..very yummy!
hugs
Risa:)
p.s. Sheila is a riot!!!! lmao!!!

Chris said...

very pretty card!! love the lace!

Theresa said...

Love your card, Deb! The lace border is fab with the scallops and eyelets. Thanks for the Sheila story. Too funny!

Elena said...

I love your card, Deb! The lace border and eyelets are so pretty!
Thank you for Sheila story! Sheila and you always bring me a smile

Tonniece said...

Awesome card. Love the heart and your line of eyelets, and the punched lace border is a perfect finish.

LOL -- Sheila, you just made my night.
Thanks for the chuckle.

Shirley said...

What a beautiful card and I love how you did your scallops and the Hugs on the heart too! It is really pretty..........dang, now I have to go buy a cheese slicer too!