Friday, February 20, 2009

A Round Top Box Full O'Fun!

Pin It


Happy Friday, race fans! And happy "Frank's Birthday," too! Frank is my handsome and desperately darlin' son. And yes, it IS a national holiday ... on my planet, anyway.

So, today's paper project was created for SCS's "Try a New Technique" challenge. And it's a gift for Sheila ... as she's decided if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. So all these l'il catseye ink pads are for her stampin' stash. I just hope she doesn't decide to start bloggin', too! Lord knows I give her enough ammo to internationally skewer me too. Sheila's funny but I'm ... ummm, crazy funny too.

This is such a fun project ... and sooooooo easy, even a child I could do it! Just think of all the l'il packaging projects you can create using this kewl template. So, thanks Splitcoast, for yet another fun challenge. For all the challenge deets, and to download the .pdf round top box template, clicky
HERE. As always, you can clicky on the photo for the ginormous view.

I printed the template out on card stock from October Afternoon's "County Fair" collection and fussy cut the flowers and leaves to embellish my box. I stamped my sentiment, from SU, adhered it to a BBQ skewer, tied on some ribbon, and tah, dah! Easy-peasy!

So, in my new spirit of kindness to Sheila ... I kid ... she just hasn't done anything really stupid or really funny in the last 24 hours, so here's a l'il something that was published in the Palm Beach Post:

"We wish to apologise for the error in the Thursday, February 19, 2009, edition, in which we stated that 'Mr. Fred N ...." is a Defective in the Police Force.' This was a typographical error. We meant, of course, that Mr. N .... is a Detective in the Police Farce." We regret any confusion this error may have caused."

To live here is to love it here ...

~Happy Weekend,

  • Card Stock: "County Fair" Collection by October Afternoon
  • Stamp: "Make It Count" Set by Stampin' Up!
  • Ink: "Cote d' Azure" Palette Hybrid by Stewart Superior
  • Accessories: BBQ Skewer; Grosgrain Ribbon
  • Tools: "Curly Label Punch" by Stampin' Up!; Dimensionals; "Cutter Bee" Scissors

10 comments:

Joan said...

Wow, this is an awesome box for that challenge!!!! I love how you filled it with little inks!

The Rubber Maid said...

Great box and filled with those little inky's makes it that more appealing. Very cute. Pat

Theresa said...

Beautiful project, Deb. Love the way you let the leaves over hang the sides.

I think Sheila should blog. It would be cool if you guys had dueling posts. Imagine the fun...

Elena said...

I love your idea with this box, Deb! Thank you so much for sharing!!!

Chris said...

super cute box!! sheila will love it...and if she doesn't send it my way!! >"<

Curt in Carmel said...

I've seen a lot of these on SCS, but yours is one of the nicest I've seen. What a great gift! I missed the Sheila story today. Best, Curt

Janine said...

Hi Deb!! Love what you did with this template!!
Hope you are well and that you have a great weekend.

Tina said...

What fun papers and love the contents. Great packaging!

Anne said...

Hi Deb, Sorry I've not been around for AAAAAAGES - I've missed getting around in blogland but it's great to see your totally kewel stuph again!!! This box is just wonderful and I love your Fun stick - I could do with a stick of fun of my own at the moment!! LOL!! Belated Birthday wishes to Frank - hope he celebrated in style! :o) xxx

Allison said...

So I guess Sheila gets this and not me? Why am I jealous over a figment of your imagination?

Great work, BTW!