Monday, February 9, 2009

Kindness Comes in Many Forms but Always with Chocolate ...

Pin It


Happy Monday ... and happy "Toothache Day" too. Quick: name one thing that could make a Monday any worse? Why, a toothache, of course!

This card was created in a flash using Prima flowers, pink brads, pink buttons, and some fuchsia embroidery floss. As always, you can clicky on the photo for the ginormous view.

So easy: I layered pink Prima's in a heart-shaped pattern on SU "Rose Red" card stock, then cut the shape out, leaving a small border. Then, I adhered the whole shebang on "Pink Pirouette" card stock and stamped my message using "Rose Red" die ink.

Finally, I added some hot pink Crystal Pearls to the centers of the flowers and attached a scrap of grosgrain ribbon. Easy-peasy!

I chose to use Prima flowers but you could recreate this concept using buttons, Dew Drops, punchies, alphabet stickers, pocket change (nickles, dimes, quarters, fun!), or decorative brads. Practically anything would work.

Try it; I'd love to see what you come up with!

So, this weekend Sheila and I hooked up with Sheila's younger sister, Jill.


Sheila asked Jill, "Is something bugging you? You look anxious."

"Well, my boyfriend just lost all his money and life savings in the stock market," Jill explained.

"Oh, gosh, that's too bad," Sheila sympathized. "You must be feeling pretty badly for him."

"Yeah, I am," Jill answered. "He'll miss me."

Like sister, like sister ...


~cHeERS!

  • Card Stock: "Rose Red" and "Pink Pirouette" by Stampin' Up
  • Stamp: "Heard from the Heart" Set by Stampin' Up
  • Ink: "Rose Red" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
  • Accessories: Prima Flowers; Vintage Buttons; Crystal Pearls; DMC Embroidery Floss; Grosgrain Ribbon; Brads
  • Tools: Cutter Bee Scissors; Stamp-A-Ma-Jig

12 comments:

Paula said...

A very pretty card Deb might just try that with our teeny weeny 5 pence pieces!!

I think Sheila and Jill are a bad influence...just DONT turn out like them ok!! lol Take care X

Tina said...

Completely adorable. I love all those flowers.

Elena said...

Wow! I love this flower heart!!! So creative!!! Love the buttons you added!!!

Theresa said...

Your flower heart is gorgeous, Deb! Love all those Primas!!!

Shirley said...

What a great idea for flowers! Beautfiul! Sheila's back in step I see!

Vicki C said...

Holy Moly Deb.. I sure hope you plan to submit this! It's gorgeous!
Hey.. btw..thanks for coming over and check out the Altered Arts blog.

Allison said...

Super-duper job Deb...you rocked the primas!

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

Primas and buttons! You are a genius. How sweet. I love the ribbon on top too. I am also lovin your Horlick's bottle. TOO kewl. ;O) hugaroos, mel

Risa Malieta W. said...

Oh Deb....your valentine is Super Awesome..I LOVE it!
hugs
Risa:)

Tonniece said...

At a loss for words here Deb. MY GOLLY, this is STUNNING. No it's STUNNINGLY BEAUTIFUL.

Can't believe there is another Sheila), too funny

Vicki C said...

Okay.. I looked again.... SUBMIT!!!

Maria Matter said...

Ok, Deb, I'm not stalking, but I just had to comment on this one! I love this card/idea! I have to put that in the 'ol memory bank!
Thanks for the inspiration!
blessings, Maria