Hey, there you are! So happy Friday, and happy "Get a Different Name Day!" I haven't decided yet what I'll change my name to ... I suffer from option paralysis. But I'm definitely leanin' toward "Broke" ... err, I mean "Brooke."
Today's final-Valentine-of-2009 was created for the Caardvarks "We Heart You" card challenge. For all the challenge deets, clicky HERE. And you can clicky on the photo for the ginormous view.
To create this card, I used SU "Pink Pirouette" card stock, a Grunge Board heart, some vintage (1897) ephemera, a Prima flower, a 'ghost' bracket from CTMH, and a few other goodies.
I stamped my sentiment, from Close to My Heart, available HERE, on CTMH patterned paper (available HERE), with SU "Chocolate Chip" dye ink.
For the rest of the blah, blah, blah, check my supply list, below.
Soooooooo, Sheila's birthday is coming up and all she can talk about is getting diamond earrings.
"Why?" I asked, "don't you think that's a pretty frivolous gift? I mean, people are having a hard time paying their bills and putting food on their tables ... if you ask me, I think it's a ridiculous idea."
"Oh, it's frivolous all right, prolly ridiculous too, but it's all I want. The DH doesn't even have to wrap the package ... or take me out to dinner ... just give me diamond earrings and I'll be happy."
So, later, the DH walks in and Sheila 'reminds' him her birthday is coming up.
"Oh. Okay. What do you want?" he asked.
"Diamond earrings! You don't even have to wrap the package or take me out to dinner ... I just want diamond earrings." Sheila answered.
"Really?" her DH responded, "'Cuz I think diamonds look tacky on younger women."
"Ohhhhhh." Sheila said, "I'll make reservations for dinner then."
Does he have her number or what?
Have a great weekend, my imaginary friend!
- Card Stock: "Pink Pirouette" by Stampin' Up
- Designer Paper: "More to Adore" Collection by Close to My Heart
- Ink: "Chocolate Chip" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
- Accessories: Tim Holtz Grunge Board Heart; Ghost Bracket by Close to My Heart; Prima Flower; Vintage Ephemera, Personal Collection; Pink Brad; Metal-Edge Shipping Tag; Metal Flower, Unknown; Natural Lace Trim
- Tools: Die-Cut Machine by Provo Craft; "Distressed Stripes" Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Daisy Punch by Marvy Uchida; "Threading Water" Border Punch by Fiskars; Fluid Acrylic Paint by Golden