Friday, February 13, 2009

You're in My Heart ... But Not the Budget

Pin It


Hey, there you are! So happy Friday, and happy "Get a Different Name Day!" I haven't decided yet what I'll change my name to ... I suffer from option paralysis. But I'm definitely leanin' toward "Broke" ... err, I mean "Brooke."

Today's final-Valentine-of-2009 was created for the Caardvarks "We Heart You" card challenge. For all the challenge deets, clicky
HERE. And you can clicky on the photo for the ginormous view.

To create this card, I used SU "Pink Pirouette" card stock, a Grunge Board heart, some vintage (1897) ephemera, a Prima flower, a 'ghost' bracket from CTMH, and a few other goodies.

I stamped my sentiment, from Close to My Heart, available
HERE, on CTMH patterned paper (available HERE), with SU "Chocolate Chip" dye ink.

For the rest of the blah, blah, blah, check my supply list, below.

Soooooooo, Sheila's birthday is coming up and all she can talk about is getting diamond earrings.

"Why?" I asked, "don't you think that's a pretty frivolous gift? I mean, people are having a hard time paying their bills and putting food on their tables ... if you ask me, I think it's a ridiculous idea."

"Oh, it's frivolous all right, prolly ridiculous too, but it's all I want. The DH doesn't even have to wrap the package ... or take me out to dinner ... just give me diamond earrings and I'll be happy."

So, later, the DH walks in and Sheila 'reminds' him her birthday is coming up.

"Oh. Okay. What do you want?" he asked.

"Diamond earrings! You don't even have to wrap the package or take me out to dinner ... I just want diamond earrings." Sheila answered.

"Really?" her DH responded, "'Cuz I think diamonds look tacky on younger women."

"Ohhhhhh." Sheila said, "I'll make reservations for dinner then."

Does he have her number or what?

Have a great weekend, my imaginary friend!

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: "Pink Pirouette" by Stampin' Up
  • Designer Paper: "More to Adore" Collection by Close to My Heart
  • Ink: "Chocolate Chip" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
  • Accessories: Tim Holtz Grunge Board Heart; Ghost Bracket by Close to My Heart; Prima Flower; Vintage Ephemera, Personal Collection; Pink Brad; Metal-Edge Shipping Tag; Metal Flower, Unknown; Natural Lace Trim
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine by Provo Craft; "Distressed Stripes" Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Daisy Punch by Marvy Uchida; "Threading Water" Border Punch by Fiskars; Fluid Acrylic Paint by Golden

16 comments:

Diane.W. said...

Helllloooo Deb!!!! Hope you are well,long time no "see"!!!
Your card is sooo beautiful,luv the vintage feel to it,the lace & printing :o)x

ps~pop over to my blog & see who I got to meet yesterday!!!!!WooHoo!!!

Tina said...

Your card is so lovely, as always!

Theresa said...

This is beautiful, Deb. Love all the details!

lauren said...

aside from the fact that this is a LUCIOUSLY cool, fun, funky & fabulous card... (♥WOW!♥) ...i have to tell you that even though i am sick and miserable and have the world's worst headache, you and "sheila" have made me literally LAUGH OUT LOUD! (thanks for that!!!!)

Heidi Van Laar said...

I am loving this fabulously funky and fun heart card! The slightly skewed shape and wonderful trim have totally charmed me!

Risa Malieta W. said...

Your card is so pretty Deb! I love the embossed heart and the lace is beautiful. I also love the accents around the heart, totally awesome card my friend!
hugs
Risa:)

SmilynStef said...

Love that cool vintage text paper with the big grungeboard heart ... great card.

Joan said...

Fantastic card. Joan

Curt in Carmel said...

Love the whole package of this card! Great Job! LOVED the Sheila story too! Made me laugh! Best, Curt

Elena said...

Love this heart! The lace around it gorgeous!

neverenoughrubberstamps said...

Great Card - Great Blog!

Maria Matter said...

Wow, this is fab! Love the print on the bottom with these colors, just perfect Deb!
Blessings, Maria

Allison said...

Awesome work Deb...I always love how you incorporate the vintage-y typed paper!

mochamama said...

Thanks for the laugh. my hubby bought me two pairs of diamond earrings that I rarely ever wore. Now that I am older, cough cough, I seem to wear them all the time. Sheila's DH might know more than we think!! Love the card!!

Shirley said...

What a beautiful Valentine card! I love the lace around the edges and your stitching too! The flower is gorgeous too! A wonderful card!

Lisa Olson said...

I think this is one of my favs so far!!
Hope you are well!!