Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Hoppy Easter ... "Clean and Simple"

Pin It


Happy "National Battery Day!" So, I thought I'd tell you what my favorite battery operated gadget is: my hurricane-stash-itty-bitty color TV! All 3 inches of it! And you thought I was gonna say ... something else, didn't you?

Today's card was created for SCS's new "Clean and Simple" challenge. This week, the challenge called for the use of one button. Just one. Not two. One. For all the details of the challenge, clicky
HERE. And for the ginormous view of the card, you can clicky on the photo, above.

This simple l'il card needs no explanation but I did want to mention how much I love this old stamp set from Stampin' Up. The images are so fun and spring-like ... so I'm warnin' you, you're gonna be seein' more of this set. Oh. The set is l-o-n-g since retired, originally offered in 1998, and is called ... ready? "Hoppy Easter." Didn't see that comin', didcha?!? For the rest of the deets, check out the supply list, below.

Soooooo, on Sunday, the DH and I attended Church and after, decided to stop by Sheila's Sunday School class.

The cutest l'il girl was wearing a particularly pretty dress and, as she sat down, Sheila said, "That is a very pretty dress, Melissa. Is it your special Sunday dress?"

"Yes," Melissa answered, "and my Mom says it's a bitch to iron."

I. Kid. You. Not!!!

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: "Stampers Select" by Papertrey Ink
  • Other: Blue Paint Sample Card from Lowe's
  • Stamp: "Hoppy Easter" by Stampin' Up!
  • Ink: "Indian Corn Blue" Dye Ink by Close to My Heart
  • Accessories: Prima Flowers; Vintage Button; DMC Embroidery Floss
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Cuttlebug A2 Embossing Folder; Nestabilities Dies by Spellbinder; Dimensionals

13 comments:

Tina said...

Awesome card, the texture is magnificent.

Theresa said...

OMGosh, out of the mouth of babes. LOL. Love your CAS card. The embossed background is the perfect touch!

Annapurna said...

And that is why me likey! Oooh Lala!

Now that I am looking at it, you have an orange flower, but no orange on the sentiment. How about stamping an orange egg and popping it on the blue egg. Easier to comment :-)

Deb Neerman said...

Great idea, Annapurna ... feel free to go ahead and do just that!

~Huggies!

Deb Neerman said...

Great idea, Annapurna ... feel free to go ahead and do just that!

~Huggies!

Chris said...

cute card!! but i'm not ready for easter, yet!! >"<

Amy Sheffer said...

Love it! Striking in its simplicity! Those are the hardest kind for me - you nailed it!

Lisa Olson said...

Love this Deb, in fact I love all of your cards. What can I say ur sooo talented!!

Ann said...

I'm on a roll with CAS cards right now, so I am totally diggin' this one!

Joan said...

Great card and I love your little stories.

Elena said...

I love your cards! I think this one is so cute!!!
Oh, boy... Poor this girl's mom!

Risa Malieta W. said...

I adore your card Deb! The simplicity is stunning and that retired SU stamp is too cool!
Thanks for making my afternoon Deb. Sheila is so funny and funny things seem to follow her. Who wouldn't adore a friend like her...she's a keeper!
hugs
Risa:)

Julia Aston said...

the cuttled bg looks great on this Deb! love the blue and orange in contrast to the white!