Friday, February 27, 2009

Yikes, That's Gotta Hurt!

Pin It


How exactly does one get and keep a green bough in their heart ... and survive?!? Sounds kinda messy ... and I'll betcha the singin' birds won't be the only things to come!

I kid, it's a lovely sentiment and I lurve that distressed-lookin' font.

ONward Hoarding-Card-Makers:

Today's card project was created for Splitcoast's current (SC217) sketch challenge. For a look at the sketch I followed, and all the challenge deets, click HERE.

In order to get all three nests in, I had to create a larger card. This measures 5" x 7" and that puts me w-a-y outta my 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" comfort zone.

The nests were stamped with Chocolate Chip dye ink, then colored in with Copic markers. I used Koh-I-Noor Woodless pencils blended with Gamsol to color the eggs.

For the rest of the details, check out the supply list, below.

Soooo yesterday, Sheila and I went to the Library ... me to pick up books, her to drop off.

"I have a complaint!" Sheila said to the library-lady.

"Yes, ma'am?"

"Well, I borrowed a book last week and it was just terrible!"

"What was wrong with it?" asked the librarian.

"My gosh, it had way too many characters and there was no plot whatsoever!"

The librarian nodded and said, "Ahh, you must be the person who took our phone book!"

No, seriously!

Now I'm off to create the March desktop wallpaper calendar ... just for you. Have a great weekend!

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: "Dark Chocolate" and "Kraft" by Papertrey Ink
  • Designer Paper: Jenni Bowlin Studio
  • Stamps: Nest, Sentiment, and Bird all by Oxford Impressions
  • Ink: "Chocolate Chip" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
  • Accessories: Natural Jute Twine
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Nestabilties Die; Cuttlebug "Swiss Dots" A2 Embossing Folder; Copic Markers; Koh-I-Noor Woodless Pencils; Gamsol OMS; Dimensionals

7 comments:

Theresa said...

Beautiful card, Deb!

Tina said...

Oh my word, this is gorgeous!

Maria Matter said...

lol, that Sheila!
Deb your card is gorgeous!
Blessings, Maria

mochamama said...

never a dull moment on your site! Thanks for the laugh.......sweet card even if it is green bough in your heart!!

nappy@CU said...

Oh, this is lovely! You are so good at combining 'vintagey" and a bright, modern element. You are truly an original!

Elena said...

Oh, Deb! Your card is fantastic! I love the blue color! Very beautiful work with this sketch!

wendyp said...

how pretty!!! love those images and that blue just pops with the browns/krafts!