Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Celebrate You ... or, You; Celebrate!

Pin It


Hey, there you are! So, today is "Champion Crab Races Day" ... and if you have crabs, I hope they're all champions. Or win races ... something ...

Today's card project was created fast using stamps from SU's "Party Hearty" set and more of that yummy Riding Hood Red grosgrain ribbon.

I stamped the sentiment, from Papertrey Ink, on card stock then ran it through the 'Bug with a die from the "Tiny Tags" collection. For all the blah, blah, blah, check out the supply list, below.

Soooooo, on Sunday Sheila and I went downtown to an art show at the Norton.


One piece was a huge canvas that was black with yellow blobs of paint splattered all over it. The next painting we looked at was a murky gray color that had drips of purple paint streaked across it.

Sheila walked over to the artist and said, "I'm sorry, but I don't understand your paintings."

"I paint what I feel inside me," explained the artist.

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh," Sheila said, "You should try Tums."

I. Kid. You. Not.

~Hugs!

  • Card Stock: Bazzill Basics; Close to My Heart; "Stampers Select" by Papertrey Ink
  • Stamps: "Party Hearty" Set by Stampin' Up; Sentiment by Papertrey Ink
  • Ink: "Riding Hood Red" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up; "Indian Corn Blue" Dye Ink by Close to My Heart
  • Accessories: Grosgrain Ribbon by Stampin' Up
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Nestabilities Large Classic Circle Die by Spellbinder's; "Tiny Tags" Die by Provo Craft; Embossing Folder by Provo Craft; Dimensionals

12 comments:

Paula's ponderings said...

LOL that woman!!!

Great card Deb...as ever X

Tina said...

What a fun card, love it! The hats are the perfect embellishment.

Bonnie (eggette) said...

Love your party card! Very patriotic looking too! I really had to laugh at the crab comment.......I had a crab omelette this morning made by hubby and it was a Champion omelette and I'm sure that is what you meant! lol! you are too funny Deb!

Maria Matter said...

Oh, I love this! Simply perfect!!!
Deb, you crack me up, I have so much fun reading your posts! You make me smile!!!!!
I'm going to follow you so I can have more smily wrinkles on my face when I get old...older!
Have a sparkly day!
Blessings, Maria

Allison said...

I hope no one reading this had crabs...they itch (not that I would know)!

Super looking card...love the ribbon!

Elena said...

What a fun card, Deb! Love that little tiny stipe of embossed paper!
Oh... poor artist and the way how feels inside!

Theresa said...

Fab card, Deb. I love the little party hats. I hope Sheila never sees my paintings. I might not be able to handle her critique! LOL.

Joan said...

Awesome card - and cute story!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh fun, love those colors.

Lisa Olson said...

Loving those colours.

Risa Malieta W. said...

What an awesome card! I love the colors!!!
hugs
Risa:)

Julia Aston said...

I love this ribbon too and I have yet to use it! it looks so great here - wonderful patriotic b'day card Deb!