Happy Thursday all and one, and may I be the first to wish you a happy "National Chocolate Mint Day?" NOW we're talkin'! 'Cuz any day with 'chocolate' in it is a happy day in my book! And I know y'all feel the same way ...
Today's card project was created for SCS's "Color Combination" challenge. For all the colorful deets, clicky HERE. As always, clicky on the photo for the ginormous view.
I created my flower ... and I use the term "flower" loosely ... by punching 1 1/4" circles out of old dictionary pages, added a center, lotsa l'il punchie-thingies, and card stock leaves.
The sentiment is from Stampin' Up's "Cute and Curly" set. For the rest of the blah, blah, blah, check the supply list, below.
This is true:
Sheila's DH hired a painter to paint their house. Yup, you paint your house in the winter down here ... it's a heat/humidity thang. Anyway, Ken was really happy with the job the painter had done.
"You did a great job," he said and handed the man a check. "Also, in order to thank you, here's an extra $80 to take the missus out to dinner and a movie."
The painter thanked him and agreed to do just that. Later that very same night, the doorbell rang and lo and behold, it was the painter.
"Hey, buddy, what's the matter, did you forget something?" Ken asked.
"Nope," replied the painter. "I'm a man of my word. I'm here to take your missus out to dinner and a movie just like you asked."
Seriously; I was there!! And Sheila really wanted to go but ...
- Card Stock: "Kiwi Kiss" and "Rose Red" by Stampin' Up; "Mustard," Unknown
- Other Paper: Vintage (1942) Dictionary Pages, Personal Collection
- Stamps: "Spot On Backgrounds" Set by Close to My Heart; "Cute and Curly" Set by Stampin' Up!
- Ink: "Rose Red" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up; Versamark Watermark Ink
- Accessories: Crystal Pearls
- Tools: Die-Cut Machine; "Curly Label" Punch by Stampin' Up; "Labels 2 Dies by Spellbinder's; 1 1/4" Circle Punch by EK Success; 1" Circle Punch by Martha Stewart; Small Flower Punch by EK Success; 1/4" Circle Punch by Stampin' Up; 5/16" Circle Punch by Provo Craft; Stylus by Fiskars; Dimensionals