Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Goin' Green ... A Fifteen Minute Project

Pin It



Hey, there you are, happy *Two Tips Tuesday!

Today's card was created for SCS's "Limited Supplies" challenge. This week the challenge called for using the color green ... and limited supplies ... to create your card. For all the challenge deets, clicky
HERE. For the humongous view of the card, clicky on the photo.

This card was created in a New York minute: I stamped my sentiment with Versamark, then embossed with white powder. Using dimensionals, I mounted the sentiment on a die-cut, paper pierced a border, then added some key-ute! chipboard stickers.

TIP: Create a paper-pierced border in seconds using repositional tape and a die. Here I've used the third smallest die from Spellbinder's "Label 1" collection to create my pierced border.

TIP: If you don't already have one, don't bother investing in a paper piercing tool ... use a push-pin instead!

Easy-peasy and ready to serve in just 15 Minutes!

Sooooooo, on Sunday, we went over to Sheila's for BBQ; yum!

Her ribs were delish and her DH asked, "What did you marinate this in?"

Sheila immediately launched into a long, drawn out explanation about how much she loves him, treasures her adorable children, and how life wouldn't be the same without him.

We all sat, spellbound, while Sheila just went on and on. Finally, she looked at each of us, then turned to her DH and said, "Wait. Did I misunderstand you? Ummm, what did you ask me, Ken?"

Ken repeated his question. "Ohhhhhhhhhh," Sheila said, "I thought you asked me if I would marry you again!"

So, Ken asked, "Well, would you marry me again?"

"Vinegar and barbecue sauce." Sheila answered.

I. Kid. You. Not!

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: "Kiwi Kiss" and "Pacific Point" by Stampin' Up
  • Stamp: "Cute & Curly" Set by Stampin' Up
  • Ink: Versamark Watermark Ink by Tsukineko
  • Accessories: White Detail Embossing Powder by Stampendous; Chipboard Stickers by Christina Cole for Provo Craft
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Nestabilities Dies by Spellbinder's; Curly Label Punch by Stampin' Up; Heat Tool by Marvy Uchina; Paper Piercing Tool; Dimensionals

*I just made that up ... 'cuz I jess loves me some alliteration. But since it actually is a good idea, I'll try to come up with Two Tips next Tuesday, (wait for it ...) too!

6 comments:

Tina said...

Awesome card and tips! Love all that green.

Elena said...

I just love Sheila!!! And of course you card too, Deb! So pretty! Thank you for sharing the idea about the template!

Chris said...

great "green" card!! >"<

Risa Malieta W. said...

I love your "New York Minute" cards Deb...too cute!
hugs
Risa:)

Theresa said...

OMGosh, that story was wickedly funny! Love the card. The piercing is a great idea!

Carolyn Bounds said...

Oooooh...how pretty:o) I love the vibrant blue against the Kiwi background!!! Thanks for sharing another fabulous tip and sunny story:o)

Hugs!
Carolyn