Wednesday, February 25, 2009

May You Have Enough ... Stamps!

Pin It


Okay, so the stamp doesn't really read this ... but it should!

The stamp, by Close to My Heart, doesn't credit the author of this sentiment, but I really do prefer it this ^ way.

Now here's the real text:

I don't think you need me to tell you how I created this card. But if you're interested, you can check out the supply list, below.

So, yesterday Sheila got this idea that she HAD to go shopping in Boca Raton. We took I-95 southbound and weren't driving for 10 minutes when we had a flat tire. Scary stuff. Sheila eased the car over to the shoulder, go out, and opened the trunk.

Okay, this next part seems unbelievable but ... she took 2 cardboard men out of her trunk, unfolded them, and stood them at the rear of the car facing oncoming traffic. They looked soooo life-like except that ... they were dressed in trench coats exposing their nude cardboard bodies to oncoming drivers.

To my surprise, cars start slowing down looking at the life-like men. And of course, traffic starts backing up. Everybody is beeping their horns and waving like crazy. We were laffin' hysterically the whole time until ...

A Florida Highway Patrolman pulls up behind the car. He got out and started walking toward us. And ummm, you could tell right away that he wasn't thinking this was funny.


"What's going on here?" he barked.

"My car has a flat tire." Sheila answered.

"Well, what are those obscene cardboard men doing here by the road?" he asked.

Sheila responded, "Hellooooo, those are my emergency flashers!"


~Hugs,


  • Card Stock: "Tangerine Tango" by Stampin' Up; "Vintage Cream" by Papertrey Ink
  • Designer Paper: Stampin' Up
  • Stamp: "Treasure Life" Set by Close to My Heart
  • Ink: "Spiced Marmalade" Distress Ink by Tim Holtz for Ranger Industries
  • Accessories: Grosgrain Ribbon, Antique Copper Photo Turns, Brads, and Frame Hangers by Stampin' Up
  • Tools: Edge Distresser; 1/16" Circle Punch by McGill; Scotch ATG 714

11 comments:

Maria Matter said...

emergency flashers...oh, that was good!
Totally agree with your altered card!
Have a sparkly day!
Blessings, Maria

Tina said...

Oh my word, this card is super fun!
Emergency flashers!

Theresa said...

Oh, I love the altered card! That Sheila story was so good, I had to read it to my DH... Um, where can I get some of those cardboard men?

savy said...

LOLLLLLLLL -
Okay - that's GOOD!
Thanks for the giggle!

Carolyn Bounds said...

This is wonderful!!! I love the card both ways, but your way is much more fun from a stamper's point of view:o) The DP is stunning, and I love the little splashes of black.

Today's Sheila adventure is hysterical!!!! Bwahahahaha!!! I could just envision that scene on I-95:o) Too damn funny!!!! Personally, I think it is good idea!!! It brought the cops right? Usually, it would take hours befre one would come by to help someone with car troubles. Maybe I need to look for some new emergency "flashers"! Hahahaha!!!

Also, I left you a little something on my blog. I hopo your Wednesday has been a blast!!!

Hugs!
Carolyn

Risa Malieta W. said...

Your card is super cute Deb and I love your version of it!
Today's Sheila episode was toooooo funny...I love this one!
hugs
Risa:)

Elena said...

Sheila is so creative, Deb!!! Love this story!!!
Your card is so cute!!!

Jean from jlfstudio said...

Thanks for the fun today Deb. I love your backgrounds for your card shots.

Gonna need a lot more storage with your fun version of the card! so ...May you have all the storage you need for all the stamps you want, desire and require!

Have to see if my BIL can make me some of those "flashers". Living in a rural area "flashers" of any kind are kind of hard to come by. As a widow though he might think its a strang request so better send him Sheila's story.

Hugs and blessings - Jean

Annapurna said...

Bwahhhh!!!!

Too funny, both the card and Sheila joke of the day. Beautiful PP. Gotta go see if I have that one.

May I have enough Paper to make me sweet, ...

Shirley said...

I love the card, cardboard no, delicious yes! I will always have a special spot for Sheila!.

Giovana said...

This is too funny!!!
Thanks for sharing this hilarous adventure.

Giovana