Friday, February 6, 2009

Patriotic ... Cupcakes?

Pin It


TGIF and hey, happy "Lame Duck Day!" And don't be shy about ordering this at your favorite Chinese restaurant; it's every bit as delicious as regular duck. No, really!

Today's card project was created for my niece's birthday ... she loves cupcakes, but then, who doesn't? 'Course they're not chocolate cupcakes, but even blue cupcakes are better than no cupcakes, right?


The cuppies are popped up on dimensionals and I cut small slits in the 'frosting' for the candles ... keeps 'em from just sitting on the top looking unrealistic. Inasmuch as red and blue cupcakes look realistic ...

For all the blah, blah, blah, see the supply list, below. Oh. And I put all kinds of cute 'stuff' inside the card too but I'm not even gonna start photographing the insides of my cards! Takes me just about for-evuh to get one of the outside that I like.


Sooooo, yesterday Sheila dragged me along on her New Insurance Company quest. Her current carrier, State Farm, is pulling out of Florida and Sheila was conducting "interviews."

During the Q & A she asked, "Suppose I take a life insurance policy for my husband today and tomorrow he dies? What will I get?"

The agent eyed her suspiciously and replied, "Probably 20 to life."

Yikes!

Have a great weekend ... cuddle with a friend and stay warm ... I don't know about you, but we be *freezin' down here!

~Hugs,


*I realize that our Freezin' Index is w-a-y higher than northern folks', but still ... brrrrrr!

  • Card Stock: Bazzill Basics; Papertrey Ink; Stampin' Up
  • Designer Paper: NONE; again
  • Stamps: "Party Hearty" Collection by Stampin' Up
  • Ink: "Riding Hood Red," "Baja Breeze" by Stampin' Up
  • Accessories: Rope Twine by Stampin' Up
  • Tools: Slit Punch by Stampin' Up; Paper Corrugator by Marvy Uchida; Dimensionals, Unknown; Craft Knife by Olfa

10 comments:

Elena said...

Hope the weather will get better soon, Deb!
And your cupcakes are so yummy!!!

Theresa said...

Love what you did with the candles, Deb!

Tina said...

Deb, this is so stinkin' cute!

Paula's ponderings said...

scrumptious card Deb!!Lots of snow here...came out a loser in a snowball fight with the neighbours' kids...hey ho, s'all good fun!!

Erica B. said...

Cute as always. B=day cards are my weak suit.

I feel bad for all of the people freezing in the country while today was in the upper 60's. Strange weather.

Curt in Carmel said...

Cute card and great idea with the slits for the candles. Loved the Sheila story today! Best, Curt

Chris said...

cute card...love the "cuppies"! sorry i only meant to send you snow not the cold weather with the snow...LOL better cover your oranges...>"<

Shirley said...

A really cute card! Who doesn't love cupcakes! So adorable!

Julia Aston said...

Love the patriotic cupcakes Deb! Cute idea to slip the candles into the frosting!

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

heeheehee 20 to life heeheehee! This is SO sweet. I love the distressing & the sentinment on string is so clever. LOVE how you cut the slits in the cuppies to put the candles in!!!

You are such a tease with not showing us your under-cards (but I hear you loud & clear about time it takes. Don't know how you get your card front shots to look so darned polished let alone inside card shots!)

Thanks for all the gorgeous stuff you share!!! :O)