Wednesday, February 10, 2010

And A-Weigh We Go!

Pin It


Happy Stump Day, Hampers!

Today's v-e-r-y bright card project was created for the Pals Paper Arts color challenge, PPA28, to use my-new-favorite color combination, Melon Mambo, Pretty in Pink, and Basic Black ... or a reasonable facsimile thereof.

As luck would have it, though, this card got lost under a mountain pile of paper scraps and stamp sets strewn about on my desk ... so I'm actually too late to play in this challenge. Hah!

It's not too late, however, for the Crafty Cardmaker's challenge to use digital files in your card. For all the digi-deets, or to play along, clicky HERE. I've also entered my card in the Crafty Angels challenge, to use a favorite color combination. For all the colorful challenge deets, clicky HERE.

The card also qualifies for Danni's "Flutter By Wednesday" challenge to use a butterfly, fairy, or an angel on your project. For all the fluttery deets, clicky HERE. I've also entered this card in the Incy Wincy color challenge, to use pink and black in your project. For all the incy-wincy deets, clicky HERE. AND, the Pollycraft Monday Challenge, to use 'things with wings.' For all the winged deets, clicky HERE.

All of the patterned paper on this card was created using digital files and my font-a-licious stamp set is from SU's new "Whimsical Words" set, a Sale-a-bration item, available for free with any $50.00 purchase from Stampin' Up. Is there anything better than free stampin' products?!? I think not ...

For all of the colorful digital product info, check out the supply list, below.

Soooooooooo, last night I was hangin' out with Sheila debating the question: who's fatter than whom?

"The heck with this," Sheila said, "follow me."

And off we go to her bathroom to weigh ourselves ... in front of each other for authenticity.

"After you." I gallantly offered.

So, Sheila climbs on the scale. But when I tell her what it reads, she refuses to believe me.

"Go get my glasses, I refuse to confirm that number without 'em."

When I return, she plops the glasses on her face and bends down to take a look.

"Well, I'll be damned! These glasses weigh 20 pounds!"

Now, I'm off to a meeting run by the Florida Department of Health to find out why 98 men, women, and children in my neighborhood have brain tumors. And more importantly, what they plan to DO about it!

Thanks for stopping by today ... have a good one!

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: "Basic Black" and "Melon Mambo" Card Stocks by Stampin' Up
  • Patterned Paper: Patterned Background Paper by Sherrie JD; Solid Background Paper by Cuddlebeez Scraps
  • Stamp: Sentiment from "Whimsical Words" Stamp Set by Stampin' Up
  • Ink: "Melon Mambo" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
  • Accessories: Melon Mambo-ish Flat-Back Pearls by Mark Richards; 1/2" Melon Mambo-ish Grosgrain Ribbon
  • Tools: MS Butterfly Punch; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
  • Finished Size: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
Shop for Stampin' Up products online ... 24/7 ... HERE

If you have any questions about Stampin' Up products or stamping techniques, feel free to contact me HERE.

30 comments:

Crystal said...

Oh my this is soooo pretty love love these colors!! What a great card Deb!!!!

Janine said...

Lovely card Deb!! The color is so vibrant!! Have a good day!

Allison said...

Fun...♥ the bright pink!

Elena said...

Love the bright pink! Especially with the contrasting color! Beautiful card!

Maria Matter said...

very pretty!
I love seeing the pink/black combo!!
great job Deb!!!
have a super duper day!!
Blessings, Maria

Nicola said...

Loving your vibrant card Deb and so pleased you shared it with us at Flutter By Wednesday.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Danni said...

Love this!! I actually punched out some black flutter by's this weekend and thought they'd be fun and now lookie here...they are! This is just wonderful! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Nancy said...

Your card is gorgeous...the pink is amazing!! Thanks for fluttering with us!

Your story with your friend and the scale cracked me up!

And, OMG, that many people in one neighborhood with brain tumors?? That's insane! My BIL has been struggling with a brain tumor for 5+ years. It's awful!

Diane said...

Love that color combo! Beautiful card girl!
Oh Sheila,Thanks for the tip,that's why I'm not losing any weight,it's the darn glasses,lol!!!
You girls are so funny!!

Michelle said...

Oh such a pretty card - you can't go wrong with pink! What a beautiful sentiment too! Thanks so much for playing along with the FBW challenge this week!

knitwit said...

Your card is gorgeous! And I love pink! And butterflies! But...
98 people in your neighbourhood have brain tumours?!! Good grief! THIS is what I'm talking about! Okay, ranting about. But there's no way something like that COULDN'T be environmental! I hope you all get to the bottom of this fast, before anyone else is affected. Keep us posted!

Tam said...

Hi Deb,

Absolutely love your card. Gorgeous colours and design.

Thank you for joining us at Incy Wincy Designs.

Tami

Angela McKay, Stampin' Up Demonstrator, #1 Rising Star Canada 2008/2009 said...

oooohhhh, I love the clean simplicity of this! Beautiful job Deb!

Corie said...

So sweet -- love it!!

Kristie said...

I love pink, so I loooove your card!! The sentiment is wonderful as are the flutter bys.

Thanks for joining us at Flutter By Wednesday!!

Chris said...

lmao! i have those same damn glasses!! super bright and cute card...your meeting sounds like loads of fun!!

Sharli said...

Deb,
And the sales person swore to me that the glasses were the "lightest possible"! YIKES!

A very bright card indeed! Pretty!

I agree, sounds environmental to me, too. I hope they have some ideas and are open in their communications.

Hugs!

Randi said...

So pretty! Love that pink! Thanks for playing along with FBW this week!

Erica said...

Er,,,hope we won't see you (or Shelia) on TV tonight ranting & raving about the health cares system. :)
Luvin' your card

Brenda said...

Very Pretty Deb!

judie said...

what a vibrant card, love the butterfly image, thanks for joining us at crafty cardmakers xx

Risa said...

Your card is very pretty Deb! The vibrant colors are awesome!
hugs
Risa:)

Sue said...

very beautiful card...simply stunning,thanks for joining us at pollycraft

sue
xx

Emma said...

Such a pretty card, very elegant.
Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft & good luck.
Hugs Emma x

Nikki said...

Such a Sweet Card
Thanks for Playing Incy Wincy this Week
Hugs Nikki

Crafting Joanne said...

What a gorgeous card. Love the pink and sweet butterfly.

Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft.

Hugs

Joanne xx

Heather "Hev" said...

Hi Deb :)

This is fabulous :)

Thank you for joining us at Incy Wincy Designs Challenge this week :)

I hope something is done about what is causing all the sick people in your neighbourhood (((hugs for them all)

Liz said...

Thanks for playing with us at Incy Wincy This week with this lovely project Beautiful Work

Liz x

Phred said...

Lovely card and glad you joined us at crafty cardmakers.

Lv toria

Vixykins said...

So lovely Deb, perfect :)

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers x