Monday, February 22, 2010

Hate Your Job?

Pin It


Another Monday ... already?!? Is it just me or are these things comin' around faster?

Today's card project was created for a dear friend who's currently going through a rough time:

The sentiment is from Stampin' Up's "Thoughts and Prayers" set, stamped in 'Rich Razzleberry' dye ink on 'Whisper White' card stock.

The dragonfly image has been in my collection for-evuh ... and I believe this is the first time I've used it! I stamped the winged-thing in 'Basic Black' dye ink and colored it with Prismacolor pencils blended with Gamsol (OMS.) I cut them out and mounted them on my embossed card stock using dimensionals.

For the 4-1-1 on the rest of the products I used, check out the supply list, below.

Sooooooooo, this Sunday Sheila and I were hangin' out when her insane sister, Jill, dropped by:

"I dread going to work: I hate my boss. I hate my commute. I can't stand the office manager. I despise the girls in the office. The guys in my office are all pigs. The benefits stink ... and the pay sucks." Jill whined.

"Ohhhhh, you poor thing ... you hate your job? Well, why didn't you say so? Listen: there's a support group for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar." Sheila snapped.

Thanks for stopping by today; I hope your Monday is as good as ... a Monday can be!

~Hugs,


Today's Challenges:

Card Recipe:

  • Card Stock: "Kiwi Kiss," "Rich Razzleberry," and "Whisper White" Card Stock by Stampin' Up
  • Stamps: Dragonfly by All Night Media; Sentiment from "Thoughts and Prayers" Stamp Set by Stampin' Up
  • Ink: "Rich Razzleberry" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
  • Color Medium: Prismacolor Premier Pencils (PC912, Apple Green; PC928, Blush Pink; PC931, Dark Purple; PC924, Crimson Red; Sharpie Paint Pen
  • Accessories: "Stylized Flowers" A2 Embossing Folder
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Square Dies; Odorless Mineral Spirits by Gamblin; Blending Stump; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
  • Finished Size: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
Shop for Stampin' Up products online ... 24/7 ... HERE

If you have any questions about Stampin' Up products or stamping techniques, feel free to contact me HERE.

33 comments:

Crystal said...

OOOOO Deb girl I LOVE the purple and white!!!! What a pretty card!!!!! Have a great Monday sweetie!

Risa said...

What a fabulous card Deb! I love the pretty dragonflies...so awesome!
hugs
Risa:)

stamprgrl said...

deb,
love your card, I just wanted to let you know that the reason you don't see the Mr. Linky in our Challenge #6 on Pile it On! is because Challenge #7 is already up!

-- dalis
PIO Owner.

LeAnne said...

SO pretty---I love the colors you've used here--it will surely cheer your friend up!

Maria Matter said...

beautiful Deb! love the punch of color on this one!!!
Glad you played along in the Belli challenge this week!!!
Never heard of the Crafting Ho challenge, bet they had some interesting requirements to make that team! hehe
Thanks for the link Miss!
Hugs & blessings, Maria

Tina said...

spectacular, love the coloring on those dragonflies. Great springtime color combo, sweet!

Lesley said...

Pretty card, I love the sentiment. Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

Scrappy said...

How beautiful! Love the colors, embossing and esp. the butterflies! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ho's Challenges!

Allison said...

Terrific...love the Razzleberry!

*Vicki* said...

Oh such gorgeous colors!! I love the design and clean look!! Thanks for playing along with us at Stamp Something this week!! HUGS

Corie said...

Ohhh this is so pretty -- love that purple

redwasher1 said...

Stunning! Love the colors and everything!

Danni said...

Lovin' how vibrant the purple is!! Great card!

Hippieaud (aka Audrey) said...

I adore your embossing on the white and the BEAUTIFUL colors on your dragon flies! Great card. Thanks so much for joining the Crafty Hos' challenge!

Sharli said...

What a cheery card - I would be forced to smile if I opened an envelope to find this inside! It's just begging for a big grin!

I love the dragonfly, too. I have a few - and I've loved every single one of them! I'm sure I'll continue to collect dragonfly stamps - (the way I continue to collect flowers!) and this is an awesome design to try to imitate!

Your Sheila story is a bit "sobering" (pun intended). It's not very popular to dislike your job - even when it isn't your dream job - because if you have one, you are one of the lucky ones these days.

I'm doubly blessed.
Hugs!

cabio's craft corner said...

Simply gorgeous. Lovely colors and cute texture. Very neat springy theme. Thanks for joining us at YNS Challenge :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Chrissie said...

I love this card and I know that any recipient would too! it's fabulous!
Thanks so much for joining us at MTTC this week!
Chrissie

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Wonderful card, Deb, and I'm sure it will be a perfect pick-me-up for your friend. Love the colors and the dragonfly image is adorable. Thanks for playing along with us on the Belli Challenge!

Liz said...

Fantastic Work Thanks for entering this weeks challenge At Incy Wincy Designs be sure do do our blog hop

Liz xx

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh my... I love your card! So pretty! Love the colors! Love the images! Love the layout!!! It's fantastic!!!

Thank you for participating in the Crafty Ho's challenge this week! I hope you'll join us again soon.

Rae Anne said...

OMG. . .What a beautiful card!!! The dragonflies just pop off the white embossed background, and the color purple is just outstanding! Thanks so much for participating in The Crafty Hos very first challenge!

Su G said...

love the card (purple is my favorite color). But just maybe love the story even more. Why can't I ever think of those snappy comebacks LOL!

JeanFB said...

So cute and cheerful, and I love the color combo!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is stunning Deb!! I love the purple!! What an awesome take on the Flutter By Wednesday and Inky Impressions challenge. So elegant and beautiful!
hugs,
Chris

Davi said...

Wow Wow this really is pretty love the start wihite with the purple!! Those dragonflies rock!!!!!

Elena said...

This card is so pretty! I love these dragonflies!

Cheryl said...

this is just gorjus love the image great colours too thanks for joining us at incy this week hugs cheryl xxxxx

Nikki said...

Fantastic card love how it's against that white bright paper the images and colors just pop off the card

Thanks for Playing Incy Wincy this Week
Hugs Nikki

sgc said...

Love those dragonflies! This is a very pretty card. Thanks for playing in our very first Crafty Hos' challenge.

Tam said...

Hi Deb,

Great card.

Thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy Designs.
Tami

Tammy Miller said...

wow what a great card thanks for joing us at Crafty Ho's

Jackie said...

This is just so pretty! I love the bright colors and the great layout, way to make a fab card! Thank you so much for playing along with the Crafty Hos!

Gingersnap Stampers said...

Clean, simple and gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Gingersnap Creations!