Happy Friday, Stampers!
Today's card project was created for Sharon Johnson's "Stamp Simply" challenge. This week, Sharon challenged us to create a card with a tab feature ... like a recipe card or file folder tab. For all the challenging deets, and a look at Sharon's amazing project, clicky HERE.
If you decide to play along, and we hope you do, please link to Mr. Linky on Sharon's post, HERE. If you upload to a public gallery, such as SCS, please use keyword: ssnotime127.
I based the layout of my card using this week's Saturday Sketch Challenge by Stamping 411, SSC138. For all the sketchy deets, clicky HERE.
Since I needed a gift card holder, I decided to create a card with a pull-tab feature:
I embellished an old chocolate brown coin envelope I found in my stash with patterned paper and a stamped image, and slid a kraft tag into the coin envie. My "pull" is the grosgrain ribbon. Here's a look at the gift card holder extended a bit:
Finally, I added an orange* plastic-coated paper clip to hold my gift card in place. So easy, even I could do it!
Check out the beautiful projects created by the Stamp Simply Design Team:
Barbara Anders: Paper Pursuits,
Jennifer Buck: The Buck Stamps Here,
Jenny Gropp: One Krafty Kat,
Tammy Hershberger: Stamp Happy,
Julie Koerber: Out to Impress,
Janine Orchard: 2bKrafty,
AJ Otto: The Willow Garden,
Deb Saaranen: Dream in Color, and,
Barb Schram: Explore. Dream. Discover.
For a list of all of the exciting product I used in this project, check out the supply list, below.
Soooooooo, last night Sheila and I were discussing our
pretend proposed trip to Las Vegas. For shopping, gambling, and miscellaneous carousing. And why not ... what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas, right? Unless you're in Vegas with me ... then it'll be plastered all over the Internet! (I'm kiddin', Sheila ...)
"So, did you know that the big, high-roller casinos are now equipped with sophisticated defibrillators that deliver the precise level of shock needed to revive a heart attack victim?" I asked.
"Okay, I'll bite: why?" Sheila answer-asked.
"Well, it seems high-rollin' gamblers suffer an inordinate amount of heart atacks while gambling at the big casino's high stakes tables."
"So, if you're at a cheap-o casino downtown, what? They drag ya across the carpet and touch your finger to a doorknob?"
Dang, I would NEVER have thought to do that ...
Thanks so much for stopping by today ... have a fantabulous weekend!
*Ummm, the clip was white; I colored it orange with a Copic marker.
- Createalicious Challenges: Create a Little Something
- Splitcoast Stampers, WT258: Orange Love
- Splitcoast Stampers, LSC260: A Ribbon and a Trim
- Our Creative Corner: Something Old (Coin Envelope)
- The Pink Elephant: Ribbon
- Cute Card Thursday: Metal (Safety Pin)
- Incy Wincy Designs: Punch It Out
- Just Add Ink: Just Add Dimension
- Card Stock: "Chocolate Chip," "Kraft," "Tangerine Tango," and "Very Vanilla" Card Stocks by Stampin' Up
- Designer Paper: "Bloom & Grow" Collection by My Mind's Eye
- Stamps: Sentiment from "Fundamental Phrases" Stamp Set by Stampin' Up; Branch from "Thoughts and Prayers" Stamp Set by Stampin' Up
- Ink: "Chocolate Chip" and "Tangerine Tango" Dye Inks by Stampin' Up; Distress Ink
- Color Medium: Orange (YR68) Copic Marker
- Accessories: Orange Paper Clip; Orange Mini-Safety Pin; Grosgrain Ribbon by Stampin' Up; Dark Chocolate Coin Envelope by Bazzill
- Tools: Die-Cut Machine; A2 Embossing Folder; Spiral Punch by Stampin' Up; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
- Finished Size: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"