Friday, February 26, 2010

It Leaks? I'll Take It!

Pin It


Happy Friday, Stampers!

Today's card project was created for Sharon Johnson's "Stamp Simply" challenge. This week, Sharon asked us to create a sympathy card. For all the challenge deets, and to take a look at Sharon's gorgeous card, clicky HERE.

If you decide to play along, and we certainly hope you do, be sure to link up your card in Mr. Linky, located HERE. If you upload to a public gallery, such as Splitcoast Stampers, please use keyword "ssnotime128."

Sadly, this is my last week Guest Designing for the Stamp Simply Challenge. Many thanks to Sharon and the Stamp Simply girls for a wonderful GDT experience. This group is such a great bunch of uber-talented artists and they've all been so friendly and kind to me. Thanks, Ladies; it's been a blast!

And here's my sympathy card:

Be sure to check out all the amazing projects created by the Stamp Simply Design Team:

Barbara Anders: Paper Pursuits,

Jennifer Buck: The Buck Stamps Here,

Jenny Gropp: One Krafty Kat,

Tammy Hershberger: Stamp Happy,

Janine Orchard: 2bKrafty,

AJ Otto: The Willow Garden,

Deb Saaranen: Dream in Color, and,

Barb Scharm: Explore. Dream. Discover.

I created my card loosely based on a sketch from Stamping 411's Saturday Sketch Challenge. For all the sketchy deets, clicky HERE. For the ginormous view of my card, clicky on the photo.

I stamped my tree and sentiment, both from Stampin' Up's "Thoughts and Prayers" stamp set on Very Vanilla card stock with dye ink, then die-cut with a rectangular die. I left my card stock in the die, and sponged on Distress ink.

I matted the focal image on distressed Bermuda Bay card stock, added a scroll trim border created out of a vintage dictionary page, and tied on some old vintage raffia.

For all of the mind-boggling product info, check out the supply list, below.

Sooooooo, yesterday Sheila and I teamed up with her crazy fun sister Jill to look at houses. Because yes, she is going to move in with "Dreamy Jack" after just 1 month of dating. Yikes!

If you've been following my blog, you know that Dreamy Jack is Jill's new soul-mate, poet, and god ... even though this is a guy who regularly falls asleep in sandwiches. Yup, you read that right ... for details, clicky HERE.

The three of us met the real estate agent at the house ... a cute l'il fixer-upper on a beautiful lot.

"Wow, this is really cute! I love it! Wonder why it's so cheap?" Jill mused.

We were to soon find out. When she turned on the kitchen tap, water started leaking down from the ceiling.

"Well, look at the bright side, Jill; it's self-cleaning!" Sheila said.

So Jill made an offer ...

Thanks so much for stopping by today ... hope you have a fabulous weekend!

~Hugs,


Today's Challenges:

Card Recipe:
  • Card Stock: "Chocolate Chip," "Bermuda Bay," and "Very Vanilla" Card Stock by Stampin' Up
  • Designer Paper: Mocha Chica Collection by CHF
  • Other Paper: Vintage (1948) Dictionary Page
  • Stamps: Tree Image and Sentiment from "Thoughts and Prayers" Stamp Set by Stampin' Up
  • Ink: "Chocolate Chip" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up; Antique Linen Distress Ink by Ranger
  • Accessories: Flat-Back Adhesive Pearls; Raffia
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Rectangle Dies; Scroll Trim Border Punch by Stampin' Up; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
  • Finished Size: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
Shop for Stampin' Up products online ... 24/7 ... HERE

If you have any questions about Stampin' Up products or stamping techniques, feel free to contact me HERE.

36 comments:

Tam said...

Gorgeous card.

Thanks for joining us Incy Wincy Designs.
Tami

Charlene said...

Lovely card, Deb. Will miss you as GDT but we can still have your daily dose of beauty and humor. Now, whos's going to clean this coffee off my lap? You or Jill?

chercroppin said...

Your stories crack me up Deb and totally make my day...I'm so glad I found you! Or did you find ME?? Oh well, doesn't matter, LOL!

Your sympathy card is precious! I have always loved that image...your color combo is fantastic, and I love those pearls!!

The Rubber Maid said...

Simple yet lovely. Pat

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful card, Deb! I love the color combo! Sorry to see February come to an end, but please keep in touch! :)

Barbara said...

Just beautiful, Deb! I've always loved that set and you've done it proud! I've so enjoyed you playing with us this month!

Liz said...

Thanks for joining Incy Wincy With this lovely touchy Feely Project Good luck in the draw

Liz xx

Curt in Carmel said...

First I'm petitioning Stamp Simply to make you a permanent team member. Why on earth would they let you slip away!?! This is such a beautiful card. I love this image and it makes a wonderful sympathy card. Beautiful work! Best,Curt

Tina said...

This is an amazing card Deb, impeccable work!

Jennifer Campbell said...

I love that SU set... great use of stamping on your card. Thanks for playing along with us at Practical Scrappers!

Catherine said...

Very pretty card! I love this tree stamp. It has always been on my want list but I have never purchased it. Great project. Thanks for playing along with us over at PS.

Allison said...

I wish I had your hand with this color palette...sigh! Love the edges on your image here and all the creamy goodness of the sponging!

*Vicki* said...

WOW!! This is very stunning and so very elegant!! I love the added bling color to the tree!! Fabulous distressed look too!! Thanks so much for joining with us at Saturday Spotlight this week!! HUGs

PatR said...

Fabulous and thanks for joining TT this week.
Pat xx

Zoechaos said...

Lovely card, wonder if we will get that SU stamp over here in the UK anytime soon! thank you for getting messy with us at TT this week.

Sally H said...

Great card! Thanks for sharing at TT this week

Becky in East Tennessee said...

Your card is beautiful and I cant wait to hear more about the fixerupper and the god and Jill....you are too funny!

Danni said...

Beautiful card!!

Joan said...

A self cleaning kitchen.....I'll take it!!! (I think) Deb, this card is absolutely stunning. I love how you've added the little beads within the tree - and adding the scallop only on two corners - duh - very effective. LOVE IT!!!

Davi said...

Deb, what a lovely card!! The colors are so soothing and the whole card has a very soothing feel. A perfect sympathy care!! I tell you girl your friends have to be the most entertaining around!!

Kelly said...

Wow! Simply gorgeous!

Brenda said...

Deb you card is very lovely! You have done such a fabulous job as a Guest Designer for Stamp Simply, congrats! As always I enjoy you stories.

whatspeaks2myheart said...

Lovely sympathy card! Thanks for getting messy with us at TT this week! Paula

Crystal said...

I absolutely love the colour combo you chose for this card! It looks amazing together! Thanks for playing along with us in this weeks Paper Sundaes Challenge :)

Avril Ann said...

Beautiful, such a lovely card for "Sympathy", many thanks for joining us at Tuesday Taggers this week. Hugs Avril xxx

xxNikkixx said...

What a lovely card....thanks for joining us at Tuesday Taggers this week...hugs Nikki xxx

Jenny Gropp said...

Beautiful, I have a hard time using color on Sympathy cards and yet you have created a perfect card showcasing how it is done.

JeanFB said...

Your card is so lovely - just perfect for the sentiment. Great color combo for the Gingersnap challenge, too! :)

Corie said...

WOW -- this is stunning

redwasher1 said...

Deb, your card is stunning! I love it and your story about Jack and Jill!!! Just too funny!

Maria Matter said...

absolutely gorgeous Deb! that sentiment is so perfect for a sympathy card!

Thanks for including Sat. Spotlight in your ever growing list of challenges! :)

Hugs & Blessings, Maria

Chris said...

pretty card!! love the tree! too funny about the house...

Janine said...

Very pretty card Deb!!

Risa said...

Your card is gorgeous Deb, I love your image!
hugs
Risa:)

Elena said...

This card is gorgeous! I love this tree image!

Gingersnap Stampers said...

This is a beautiful card, Deb! Thanks for joining us at Gingersnap Creations!