Monday, February 8, 2010

Do the Math ...

Pin It


Happy Monday, Stampers! Hope you had a relaxing, creative weekend!

Today's card project was created for The Play Date Cafe color challenge, PDCC15. For all the colorful challenge deets, or to play along, clicky HERE. For the ginormous view of my card, clicky on my photo.

So, here's this week's color challenge:


Beautiful, huh? I jess love the inspiration photos The Play Date Cafe gals post every week. Very ... ummmm ... inspiring!

I created a top-folded card using Chocolate Chip card stock, then stamped the "Medallion" background stamp in Dusty Durango on Very Vanilla card stock. I matted the image on Garden Green and Dusty Durango card stock and added a "Build A Brad" fitted with Not Quite Navy card stock. I stamped my font-a-licious sentiment in Not Quite Navy dye ink and added three vintage bird images mounted on dimensionals.

For all of the colorful product info, check out the supply list, below.

Sooooooooooo, this weekend Sheila, our friend Barb, and I went to the Mall at Wellington Green to help Barb pick up some snazzy new outfits for her big promotion. WTG, Barb!!

Barb loves her some Coldwater Creek, so we started there. Sheila spotted a rack of beautiful business suits ... I noticed that they were on sale ... and Barb noticed the sign that read, "Instantly Hides Ten Pounds!" Interesting our different perspectives, huh?

"Oh, these are just great, Barb!" I enthused.

"Hmmmm, looks like you'll need to buy four of these, Barb." Sheila added.

Yikes!

Give it a minute, it'll grow on ya ...

Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me. I hope your Monday is ... tolerable!

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: "Chocolate Chip," "Dusty Durango," "Garden Green," "Not Quite Navy," and "Very Vanilla" Card Stocks by Stampin' Up
  • Stamps: "Medallion" Background Stamp by Stampin' Up; Sentiment from "Well Scripted" Stamp Set by Stampin' Up
  • Ink: "Dusty Durango" and "Not Quite Navy" Dye Inks by Stampin' Up
  • Accessories: "Build A Brad Pitt" Kit by Stampin' Up
  • Tools: Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Shop for Stampin' Up products online ... 24/7 ... HERE

If you have any questions about Stampin' Up products or stamping techniques, feel free to contact me HERE.

15 comments:

mochamama said...

Awesome card Deb!!! Love the birdies.

Crystal said...

Oh WOW Deb you rocked this challenge sweetie!!!!! I LOVE your design!!! Those birdies are gorgeous and love that medallion in the bg!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

Tina said...

Wowsers, what to rock the challenge! Adore this.

chercroppin said...

Lovely card Deb!! Awesome image and those birds are just so pretty! Can't wait to get my SU! sentiment set like this.....have a good one!

Julie Ranae said...

Deb...thanks for posting while Mr. Linky takes yet another break! Think I will be switching services starting this week.

Great entry for the The Cafe Challenge...and I DID receive your message ; )

Maria Matter said...

oh Wow, this is beautiful Deb! love the look of the vintage birdies! I was just looking at the Well Scripted this morning, it's gorgeous!!!

take care
Blessings, Maria

Carolyn King said...

gorgeous. love the colors and the lovely birds!

Allison said...

Those birds are too cool...very neat against the medallion BG!

LeAnne said...

Just gorgeous, Deb! Awesome combo of stamps & images.
Got the joke, too!

Diane said...

Gorgeous Deb!!!

Crafting Clare said...

Wow! You have taken the medallion stamp to new levels. Love it.

Charlene said...

Totally gorgeous...love the birds. I thought you'd colored them and I was going to have to put my head in the oven..oh wait..it's electric. I'll think of something!

Chris said...

gorgeous card!! you've totally out did yourself here!! love your story, i would also need 4 of whatever i buy from coldwater creek...lol

Risa said...

What a stunning card Deb! I love the vibrant colors and the birds are awesome!!! Speaking of birds, I can't wait for March to arrive. I remember your post about the robins and they should arrive the first week of March or so. I'm kind of tired of the winter scenery already. lol
Take care and have a great day!
hugs
Risa:)

knitwit said...

Birds!! So springy! I tell you, the cards are the only thing getting me through winter!