Friday, February 12, 2010

But You Can Call Me 'Sue' ...

Pin It


TGiF, Stampers ... welcome to the weekend!


As you may recall ... or not ... I'm guest designing for Sharon Johnson's "
Stamp Simply" challenge this month. This card was created for this week's challenge, to use the colors purple and green in your project. For all the colorful challenge deets, or to play along, and we hope you do, clicky HERE. If you upload your card to an online gallery, please use keyword ssnotime126 ... and be sure to post a link on Sharon's blog using Mr. Linky.

Check out the beautiful projects created by the Stamp Simply challenge team:


Barbara Anders: Paper Pursuits;

Jennifer Buck: The Buck Stamps Here;

Jenny Gropp: One Krafty Kat;

Tammy Hershberger: Stamp Happy;

Julie Koerber: Out to Impress;

Janine Orchard: 2bKrafty;

AJ Otto: The Willow Garden;

Deb Saaranen: Dream In Color; and,

Barb Schram: Explore. Dream. Discover.

To create this card, I used the sketch from this week's Splitcoast Stampers sketch challenge, SC267. For all the sketchy deets, including a look-see at the sketch I sorta followed, clicky HERE. To go straight to the SC267 card gallery, clicky HERE. For the ginormous view of my card, clicky THERE on the photo.

I'm also entering the card into SCS's "Way to Use It" challenge, WT257, to use the "Rule of Threes" on your card. For all the odd challenging deets, clicky HERE. To go straight to the WT257 card gallery, clicky HERE.

This card was created with this week's Stampin' Royalty challenge in mind: SR6, to create a Valentine. All of the designers at Stampin' Royalty used this very same stamp set, SU's "I {Heart} Hearts," in their inspiration cards, so I thought I'd do the same. To check out the Stampin' Royalty challenge, or to play along, clicky HERE.

The bazillion other love/Valentine challenges I enter will be listed on the bottom of this post. Just in case you're interested. And for all of the heart-pounding product info, check out the supply list, below.

Soooooooo, as I'm sure I mentioned in the past, my DH is a computer geek technician and, with the ability to remotely access folks' computers, he works on home and office computers from California to Connecticut and from Wisconsin to Texas. The guy gets around cyberspace!

And I ... I am his uber-efficient secretary and receptionist. Hah! While he was out yesterday morning on a service call, he got a call from a customer in Texas.

"I'll be happy to have him return your call, Sir. Whom shall I say called?" I asked.

"This is 'Bubba,' Ma'am. He can reach me at 956-123-4567."

Later, the DH returned the call. A gentlemen answered, "Service. This is Dave."

"Hi. May I speak to Bubba?" the DH asked.

"That's me," he replied. "Dave's my nickname."

Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me ... hope your weekend is long and lover-ly!!

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: "Kiwi Kiss" Card Stock (Retired) by Stampin' Up
  • Patterned Paper: Digital Files by SherrieJD
  • Stamps: "I {Heart} Hearts" Stamp Set by Stampin' Up
  • Ink: "Dusty Concord" Dye Ink by Ranger Industries; "Kiwi Kiss" Dye Ink (Retired) by Stampin' Up
  • Accessories: White Quilting Thread
  • Tools: Sewing Machine; Stampin' Dimensionals by Stampin' Up; SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Today's Challenges:

Simon Says Challenge: All You Need is Love
Raise The Bar Challenge: Hearts
Crazy 4 Challenges: Valentine
My Time to Craft Challenge: Hearts & Kisses
Stamp With Fun Challenge: Hearts
Die-Cut Dreams Challenge: Have a Heart
Delightful Sketches Challenge: Love

Shop for Stampin' Up products online ... 24/7 ... HERE

If you have any questions about Stampin' Up products or stamping techniques, feel free to contact me HERE.

44 comments:

Angela McKay, Stampin' Up Demonstrator, #1 Rising Star Canada 2008/2009 said...

Oh Deb! I love it! (and you rock for using I Heart Hearts with us:) Your colours have such an impact. I love it. Thanks for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty!

Allison said...

Super duper...great colors today!

Crystal said...

Hey Deb, Happy Friday Girl!!! When i saw this I SAID OH WOW!!! These colors are great and love love the added stitching!!! Love it!!!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

What a darling card! Love the sketch, the 3's and fun colors!!! Especially the zig zag stitches!!! And gee, I think I could use your DH just about every day of the week -- LOL!!!! I wish you were my neighbors!!!

Julia Aston said...

Love your design on this Deb - as well as the non-traditional colors for a valentine! congrats on being the Guest DT for Sharon!! and look how many challenges you packed into this pretty card! way to go girl! have a great weekend!

Barbara said...

So cute, Deb!! I love the bright, happy colors and all the hearts! Happy Valentine's Day to you!

Tina said...

Wow, what wonderful spring colors. Love those hearts too.

chercroppin said...

Cute Bubba-story Deb! And what an adorable card...love your stitching!

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Smashing design and I love the colour combo! Thanks for joining the MTTC Challenge this week!

Deborah Saaranen said...

Fabulous design Deb! Love the pretty, happy colors!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Sweet design, Deb! LOVE the stitching between each row!

Sabriena Satchwell An Independent Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator said...

What a bright and vibrant card! I love it.
Thanks so much for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty!

purplestamper316 said...

Perfect proof that purple goes with EVERYTHING:) What a great card. And you can call ME Sue too :) ><>

Chrissie said...

Innovative colour combo, and a great card!
Thank you so much for joining us at MTTC this week!
Chrissie

Karen said...

Lovely! Thanks for joining us at DCD.
xx

Biscuitlid said...

wow I'm loving your colour combo.

Great to see you at Die Cut Dreams this week.
Hugs
Victoria
x

Daniele said...

lovely card the background paper is gorgeous thanks for jooining us at MTTC hugs from Daniele

Katie said...

Great card, I love the colors!
Thanks for playing at Delightful Sketches and Challenges.

Janine said...

Hey Deb... Great card!! Love the way you laid this one out!!

dstandard said...

Pretty card!

Corie said...

This is baf -- love your colors!!

Chris said...

love your card, even tho it's got purple on it...lol your story made me laugh, scott recruited with a guy named bubba, not his nickname, from TX...could they be the same or just 2 of millions of texans named bubba...lol????

Cindy said...

Very cute!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Delightful Sketches and Challenges.

Sharli said...

Ok Deb, I love the card - truly, but I'm still laughing out loud at your story about "bubba". Too funny!!

What I love about the card? I love the way the hearts grow bigger and fancier as your eye moves down the card! Very clever!! The colors are interesting - a nice switch from red and white, and it's a WINNER!

Hugs!

redwasher1 said...

This is one awesome card!!!!!!!!!!! I love the story about Bubba!

Firenze said...

Such lovely fun colours! TFS
Helen
Firenze Cards

Risa said...

Your card is fabulous Deb! I love the hearts and the sewing adds the perfect touch!
hugs
Risa:)

Davi said...

lOVE the card..my fav color combo!! fun hears and the great dp and stitching. :)

Craftyanny said...

this is fab!!! Such a change from the usal pinks and reds.
Thanks for playing along with DS&C
Anne x

Sandra Farrell said...

Green and Purple are my absolute FAVE!!!! And you really pulled this one off. Thanks for playing with us again!!

AJ said...

very cute! love the layout!!

Susie Sugar said...

Great card thanks for playing with us at DCD this week please come back soon
Hugs Susie xx

vikkithescrapjunkie said...

Thankyou for joining in the DCD challenge with this beautiful card.
Love n hugs
Vikki xx

Sarah Newman said...

I love that you used the same stamp set as us! Great job! Thanks for playing along with us at SR!

Terry said...

Cute; totally cute purple and green Valentine greeting! CAS charms this card into a second grin as I appreciate your work.
mt23stamper

Maria Matter said...

omgosh, you challenge Diva you! lol
Fabulous Deb!!!!

Gorgeous card, love the colors and your background!!!

Hugs & Blessings, Maria

Wendy said...

Delightful card!! Thanks for joining us at Delightful Sketches!!

Elena said...

You did an amzing job with this color challenge! I love how you added sewing!

knitwit said...

Awesome colours--a great departure from all that pink and red I've been seeing at the stores!!

Julie said...

A fab card, such lovely colours. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Sketches and Challenges.
Julie x

Julie Koerber said...

oooOOOOOoo! Love this Deb! So bright, perky and fun! Hey, it's just like you!!! :-)

Lisa Foster said...

Hi Deb! This is a fantastic card! Love the colors! Thanks for playing along with us at Delightful Sketches and Challenges! :)
Hugs,
Lisa

Joan said...

Great card - I love all the different hearts!!!

Jenny Gropp said...

wooohooo-- this color combo woke me right up!!! Totally fun. AND Dave is the nickname, whoa! You can't make that up!