Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Press "Control-A" ...

Pin It


Happy Stump Day, Hampers!


Today's card project was created for a friend who has a long-standing love affair with San Francisco ... and all things San Fran. Since lately he has been mopin' around, wanting to go home, I thought I'd send him this:

Not that I'm tryin' to get rid of him or anything ...

I used my dusty old sewing machine to attach a square of vintage dictionary text then stamped the Golden Gate Bridge image and sentiment using Chocolate Chip dye ink. I added three antique copper metal photo turns and brads, and tied on an antique copper index frame with natural jute twine.

For the ginormous view of my card ... and to check out ALL that snazzy stitchin' ... clicky on the photo. For the 4-1-1- on all of the heart-pounding product info, check out the supply list, below.

Soooooooooooo, as you know, the DH is a computer tech and works on machines all over the world remotely. And here at home too, but ...

Yesterday he had a call from a customer in Canada who had a question about triggering menu commands.

DH: "Oh, yes, there are keyboard shortcuts for many of those commands. For example, suppose you want to trigger the 'Select All' command ...

Caller: "Yes, I use that one all the time! How do I do it?"

DH: "Well, you just press Control-A."

Caller: "Oh. Okay, wait. Nope, that's not working for me."

DH: "Do you have a text document open in front of you?"

Caller: "Yes, I sure do."

DH: "OK, now press Control-A."

Caller: "I am, but nothing happens."

DH: "The text isn't highlighted?"

Caller: "No, there's no change at all."

DH: "That's odd. If you press Control-A, the whole document should be highlighted. Try it again. Press Control-A. Tell me exactly what's happening."

Caller: "Listen. I'm pressing Control, eh? And nothing's happening, eh?"

Thanks for stopping by today ... have a good one!

~Hugs,


Today's Challenges:

Card Recipe:

  • Card Stock: "Chocolate Chip" and "Very Vanilla" Card Stock by Stampin' Up
  • Designer Paper: BasicGrey
  • Other Paper: Vintage (1937) Dictionary Page
  • Stamps: Unknown, Both Unmounted
  • Ink: "Chocolate Chip" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up; Distress Ink
  • Accessories: Antique Copper Metal, Hodgepodge Hardware (Retired), by Stampin' Up; White Quilting Cotton Thread; Natural Jute Twine
  • Tools: Sewing Machine; 1/16" Circle Punch; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
  • Finished Size: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
Shop for Stampin' Up products online ... 24/7 ... HERE

If you have any questions about Stampin' Up products or stamping techniques, feel free to contact me
HERE.

32 comments:

Elena said...

I just loved the story, Deb! :)
And what a fabulous card! I really like how you combine DP with the dictionary pages! It looks so unique! And all of the embellishments look so great together!

Jules said...

You made me long for San Francisco with that card. I am with your friend, an amazing city. Love the card.

Risa said...

Your card is beautiful Deb!
hugs
Risa:)

chercroppin said...

I always enjoy your storied Deb, they make my day! : )

Your San Fran friend is going to love this....fantastic!

Tina said...

Heavens, this is so precious!

Crystal said...

OOOOOO love this design!!! I really like the hardware treatment Deb that is rockin girl!!!!! GREAT CARD SWEETIE!

LeAnne said...

Love the card, love the joke, love that you won the PPA!!! Congrats, sweetie!

Joan said...

Ummmmmm the caller you husband was speaking to was apparently Canadian eh?? I had to laugh - being Canadian!
Now...onto your card - I love these negative city images that you have! they are just too cool. Great card Deb.

crafty creations said...

Great story - beautiful card

Thanks for joining the Lotstodo Challenge xx Hilda

Melissa Craig said...

Cute story! Great card - your friend will love it. I love San Francisco, too - especially Fisherman's Wharf. Great place!!

Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Liz's creative corner said...

Thanks for joining us at OSAAT challenge with this fab card, hugs Liz xx

Allison said...

Oh I want that stamp! Love all these "travel" inspired creations you are posting!

Tanya Rudd said...

This is a wonderful piece of art! I love your stamp. Thank you for entering into this weeks Practical Scrappers Stamp challenge.
Hugs
Tanya

Sarah said...

Fabulous card, thanks for joining us over at OSAAT hope to see you back soon, check on Sunday to see if you have won, and see details of our next challenge
Sarah xx

Cheryl said...

love the design on this card great layout thanks for joining us over at OSAAT hugs cheryl xxxxxxxx

Chris said...

cute card, makes me want some sour dough bread right now!!eh?

Maria Matter said...

eh? omgosh, I have to start visiting you in the morning when my brain is fresh...I had to read it again to see the caller was from Canada, duh, eh? lol, now I'm ROFLOL!!!

love your card, btw...these are some great 'travel' images!!!

Blessings, Maria

Laurie Marmon said...

This card is beautiful, love the stamps you used. It's a quite impressive view of the bridge. I also enjoyed the story about control-a. Thanks for the laugh.

sam said...

Hehehe thanks for the giggle hun, and I hope your card cheers up your homesick buddy. Thanks for joining us on our first challenge here at OSAAT and please check back on Sunday for the winners of this challenge and details of our second challenge.
Sam x

Pam S. said...

what a hoot "A"?!!! lol I LOVE shortcuts! Such a time-saver! Love your use of the dictionary page...I see we're kindred spirits there! thanks for creating with us for the ATS weekly Wed. challenge! Awesome card!
Pam Going Postal

Mummylade said...

That made me smile =). I'm so glad you joined the Allsorts challenge this week and good luck.

Helen Dooley said...

What a cute card! Thanks for playing along with us at OSAAT.

Amy said...

Fantastic card! Thanks for joining us at the ATS challenge this week! :)

Sharli said...

Wonderful card! I love the San Fran image - and the photo clips are the perfect embellishment! Another great Deb card!!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

LOLOL "Control, eh?" TOO funny!

Great card, Deb! LOVE how you used the "text" for the ATS challenge!

Jules said...

Hi Deb

A great card.

Love your colour choices and your super tag.

I have been gazing at my bookshelves and wondering which book I could live without LOL!!!

Thank you for playing along with my challenge at Allsorts this week.

Love Jules xx

Gloria Stengel said...

First, I love the card. Thanks for playing along at 365 Cards! But, I laughed my you know what off at that story! Having lived in MN for 10 years, eh? I found it so stinkin' funny! I had tears rolling down, my face, eh, I laughed so hard, eh. snort giggle

Spyder said...

love your story!! Almost as bad as my mum who hadn't used her computer, because she had no paper...
Lovely card!Thank you for joining OSAAT's First Challenge! Hope to see you Sunday for the next challenge too!
(Lyn)

Kelly said...

I would love to have that card!!! I know it is going to your friend.
We just returned from a trip to San Francisco.
Very nice work!

stitchy said...

What a beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT for our first challenge. Hope to see you next week too..good luck on your draws!!
hugz
stitchy xx

Liz said...

Thank you very very much for joining the fun at OSAAT
Please Call back on Sunday for our next new Challenge

Liz xx

Glenda said...

Thanks so much for playing along with my challenge! I love the card - great layout and I love the twine and metal tabs. Great job!