Happy Stump Day, Hampers!
Today's card project was created for a friend who has a long-standing love affair with San Francisco ... and all things San Fran. Since lately he has been mopin' around, wanting to go home, I thought I'd send him this:
Not that I'm tryin' to get rid of him or anything ...
I used my dusty old sewing machine to attach a square of vintage dictionary text then stamped the Golden Gate Bridge image and sentiment using Chocolate Chip dye ink. I added three antique copper metal photo turns and brads, and tied on an antique copper index frame with natural jute twine.
For the ginormous view of my card ... and to check out ALL that snazzy stitchin' ... clicky on the photo. For the 4-1-1- on all of the heart-pounding product info, check out the supply list, below.
Soooooooooooo, as you know, the DH is a computer tech and works on machines all over the world remotely. And here at home too, but ...
Yesterday he had a call from a customer in Canada who had a question about triggering menu commands.
DH: "Oh, yes, there are keyboard shortcuts for many of those commands. For example, suppose you want to trigger the 'Select All' command ...
Caller: "Yes, I use that one all the time! How do I do it?"
DH: "Well, you just press Control-A."
Caller: "Oh. Okay, wait. Nope, that's not working for me."
DH: "Do you have a text document open in front of you?"
Caller: "Yes, I sure do."
DH: "OK, now press Control-A."
Caller: "I am, but nothing happens."
DH: "The text isn't highlighted?"
Caller: "No, there's no change at all."
DH: "That's odd. If you press Control-A, the whole document should be highlighted. Try it again. Press Control-A. Tell me exactly what's happening."
Caller: "Listen. I'm pressing Control, eh? And nothing's happening, eh?"
Thanks for stopping by today ... have a good one!
- Cute Card Thursday: Metal Mania
- Practical Scrappers: Stamps
- Lots to Do: Use a Machine (Sewing Machine)
- 365 Cards: Gloria's Style (Metal)
- One Stitch At a Time: Stitching
- All Sorts: A Tag, Ticket, or Label
- Stamp with Fun: Stitching
- Glenda's Random Amusing Challenge #55: Inspiration
- Tuesday Morning Sketches: Color (Chocolate, Orange, Ivory)
- All That Scraps: Use a Newspaper or Book Page
- Card Stock: "Chocolate Chip" and "Very Vanilla" Card Stock by Stampin' Up
- Designer Paper: BasicGrey
- Other Paper: Vintage (1937) Dictionary Page
- Stamps: Unknown, Both Unmounted
- Ink: "Chocolate Chip" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up; Distress Ink
- Accessories: Antique Copper Metal, Hodgepodge Hardware (Retired), by Stampin' Up; White Quilting Cotton Thread; Natural Jute Twine
- Tools: Sewing Machine; 1/16" Circle Punch; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
- Finished Size: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
If you have any questions about Stampin' Up products or stamping techniques, feel free to contact me HERE.