Thursday, February 18, 2010

Where Do YOU Wanna Go?

Pin It


Happy Thursday, race fans!

Today's clean and simple one-layer card project was created for my card stash:

I stamped my chicken/duck image directly on my card stock base and did a l'il coloring with a couple of Copic markers. I stamped a sentiment, added a row of flat-back pearls, and tied on a grosgrain ribbon. Easy-peasy and ready to serve in just 15 Minutes!

For all the mind-blowing product info, check out the supply list, below.

Sooooooooo, if you follow my blog ... and all of the Sheila craziness ... you know that she teaches Sunday School at our Church. Periodically, I'll sit in on her classes ... so I can bust on her at a later date.

This past Sunday, I decided to check out her lesson ... which was about being good and going to heaven.

At the end of her lesson, the review: "So, children, where do you want to go?"

"Heaven!" one of the girls called out enthusiastically.

"And what do you have to be to get there?" Sheila asked.

"Dead!" yelled one of the boys.

Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me!

~Hugs,


Today's Challenges:

  1. Cupcake Craft Challenge: Keep it Simple
  2. Fab 'n' Funky Challenge: It's Childish
  3. Pals Paper Arts: Keep it Simple, Sweetie

Card Recipe:

  • Card Stock: "Whisper White" Card Stock by Stampin' Up
  • Stamp: Chicken/Duck, Unknown; Sentiment from "Whimsical Words" Free Sale-a-bration Stamp Set by Stampin' Up
  • Ink: "Tuxedo Black" Dye Ink by Tsukineko
  • Color Medium: Copic Markers
  • Accessories: Flat Back Pearls by Mark Richards; 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

29 comments:

Elena said...

So cute! Love the yellow ribbon and pearls you added!

Tina said...

Great punch of color. Cute chick and those pearls are fab. I always buy neutral colors, these are so cheerful.

chercroppin said...

LOL, outta the mouths of Babes, right Deb? Too cute!

Your card is just so sweet Deb! Adorable image, and I love your yellow pearls!

Jill Marie Paulson said...

That card is adorable!!

Linda Callahan said...

Over the top of the cute-o-meter for sure! That chick is a hoot and the pop of yellow is perfect! Thanks for joining us @PPA!

Donna said...

Super sweet card, such a perfectly matched sentiment for your little chick...thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week :) Donna x

purplestamper316 said...

OOH- my kinda card :) love the row of pearls too! your ss story is perfect! tfs ><>

Angela McKay, Stampin' Up Demonstrator, #1 Rising Star Canada 2008/2009 said...

Deb, I love this. It's absolutely perfect for the PPA challenge! I can't wait to CASE this one!

andrea said...

gorgeous card,love the chick he is so cute,thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky this week
andrea

Lourdes Torres said...

So cute and simple. Truly KISS!

Allison said...

This is tres chic...loving all the white!

Catherine said...

What a lovely card, simple and so elegant ! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Craft ! Smiles from Catherine

Diane said...

Super cute chickie!!!

Lol,kids are so right!!!!

Joan said...

Out of the mouths of children!!!! I love this simple easy card. I could make "stash" of those real quick.

Corie said...

Oh this is absolutely adorable!

The Rubber Maid said...

So cute is this little guy and simple is always the best. Pat

Shelly Koskinen said...

This card is adorable!

my5bratz said...

LOVE the simplicity of this, thanks for joining in this weeks FnF challenge :)

knitwit said...

The one thing I miss about teaching is the awesome stuff that comes out of the mouths of children! I could write a book!
Love the card!

Maria Matter said...

oh this is just my style, I love it Deb!!!
and it's such a cute little chicken duck! :)

Blessings, Maria

Ann Schach said...

So cute! The bright colors make it so cheery! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

Erica said...

Oh...I have this little guy and I never know what to do with him. I see that less is more where he's concerned.

Biscuitlid said...

Fab card I love it!
Victoria
x

Chris said...

very cute bird card indeed!!love that damn stamp!!

cute story too!!

redwasher1 said...

What a cutie!!! Very nice CAS card!

Risa said...

Deb, your card is beautiful in ever way! I love the clean lines and your detailing & image are fab!
hugs
Risa:)

Ann Schach said...

Congrats on being named a Pals Artist Pick this week! Such a delightful card!

Mary Fish said...

The simplest cards can be the most striking. Yours is divine. Congrats on being named the PPA pick! Hugs, Mary

Patti Senter aka NW Lady said...

Oh this is a darling card and just goes to show simple is best sometimes. Love it all!